All Things Adventure of the Seas

i will be on the Adventure of the seas in a few days, my 1st time on Royal Caribbean. Leaving from Trinidad, flying to Miami and connecting to Puerto Rico on AA.....not a fan of the airline or the connecting flights but its the only way to get to Puerto Rico. Oh boy oh boy can't wait!!!

What are the dates for after the revitalization? What new ports?

9 April for a four nights Coco Cay and Nassau, ( the new ports for us )

13 April seven nights St Martin, San Jaun and Labadee.

Sailing out of Miami.

9 April for a four nights Coco Cay and Nassau, ( the new ports for us )

13 April seven nights St Martin, San Jaun and Labadee.

Sailing out of Miami.

Can't wait to see the pictures of her after revitalization! This is still my favorite ship!!

Hope it is ok to post questions here :confused:

Is there anywhere that does afternoon cakes or chocolate covered strawberries etc please :D

You can get desserts in the Windjammer buffet during lunchtime or snack hours, although they are more on the cookies are bars side than yummy chocolate cake. The WJ desserts are better for dinner.

There are also cookies and pastries available in the Cafe Promenade 24 hours a day, but again nothing that really knocked my socks off.

Finally, I think you might be able to order chocolate covered strawberries as a package before sailing.

Can't wait to see the pictures of her after revitalization! This is still my favorite ship!!

See what we can do, had 2500 odd from our Adventure cruise last November. Party of 11 so a few cameras. Just the four of us on this B2 B :)

Does anyone know which region DVD's I'd need to buy to use in the player in our suite please? I have to watch something to send me to sleep at night and wasn't able to find anything watchable on the channels available on the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin before? I have this cabin booked for March 2014 and am curious to see photos and to hear if we made a good selection. Thanks for your feedback.

Bonnie Voyager another CC member on here has a large file of cabin pictures. If you do a search on explorer or google for cabin .......on the adventure of the seas with pictures hopefully it will show up or someone else will have some of them.

It sure is a great feeling! did you book another cruise yet?

I don't have anything booked. No reservation to check everyday. :(

Have you been to Bermuda before? You are going to love it. It isn't too long before your cruise, right?

I don't have anything booked. No reservation to check everyday. :(

Have you been to Bermuda before? You are going to love it. It isn't too long before your cruise, right?

Ocean Boy ... we saw the Indy as we flew into San Juan in March & thought of you. Hope you had a great cruise!

Very sad to be without an active booking ... we are going on the Silhouette 3/9/14 ..... from Ft Lauderdale to Western Carib, all new to us.

Bonnie Voyager another CC member on here has a large file of cabin pictures. If you do a search on explorer or google for cabin .......on the adventure of the seas with pictures hopefully it will show up or someone else will have some of them.

The link to Bonnie Voyager's pictures no longer works.

Ocean Boy ... we saw the Indy as we flew into San Juan in March & thought of you. Hope you had a great cruise!

Very sad to be without an active booking ... we are going on the Silhouette 3/9/14 ..... from Ft Lauderdale to Western Carib, all new to us.

And I was watching some of the planes coming in to land at SJU and wondering if you might be on one that I was watching! We did have a great 8days aboard Indy.

Funny that you mention Silhouette. Celebrity's Reflection was with us at St. Maarten and St. Kitts and I have been having some thoughts about booking it. I just can't convince myself that I want to go back to Celebrity even though we very much enjoyed the time that we have cruised with the line. I just like the atmosphere on RCI a bit better.

I have a question regarding the shop at the port before you board. Can someone tell me do they have a good selection of wine and what brands have you bought there? Any information will be helpful. This will be my only chance to get wine and water to take on board. Thank you.

We just sailed on the AOS in late March and stayed at the San Juan Marriott. Regarding the alcohol, there is a Walgreens right across the street in the next block (about a 5 minute walk). Prices are dirt cheap. Barefoot wine for $7 and the BIG bottle of Absolut for less than $20. I wanted to spend $500 there and ship it all home!! ;)

The prices in the terminal shop were very good but not as good as Walgreens. Convenient though for easy carry-on to board. Interestingly, they sold cases of water which you are "not supposed" to bring onboard. Do they really think me and my family would drink all 24 bottles in my one hour wait to board? :eek: Just an observation

Remember as you purchase alcohol in ports, three things:

1. If you are flying home, you are taking a chance by nature. Always pack it well in between layers of clothes and in a large Zip-Lock bag. I have flown many times with alcohol in checked bags but there is always that level of stress :o LOL

2. Technically for Customs you are limited to one liter per adult before you have to pay tax when you re-enter San Juan.

3. Try to have the shop pack your alcohol in a box and you carry it back on the ship. (Some shops do deliver). You will be sure it made it and when they take it at ship security, it is safe to be stored. We got a gift pack box as well as a bottle in a heavy duty shopping bag. The box arrived in our stateroom just after dinner on the last night, but the shopping bag got lost. They did find it after about an hour or so. Watch Security as they take it from you and be sure they tag it properly.

~Bob~