on the qm2 at the moment and this cruise is a joke from the waiting to board to the cabin with a view of a lifeboat,contacting a throat invection and the substandard entainment.harpists,pianist and string quartet or second rate pommie singers and don,t get me stated on the insight lectures, submarines in the second world war,the life and lyrics of oscar hammerstein,george and ira gershwin give me a break.their are 1600 aussies on board give us a bit of our entainment, bands,speakers like doug waters we feel like the whole trip has been a waste of money and time

[quote name='tramway']on the qm2 at the moment and this cruise is a joke from the waiting to board to the cabin with a view of a lifeboat,contacting a throat invection and the substandard entainment.harpists,pianist and string quartet or second rate pommie singers and don,t get me stated on the insight lectures, submarines in the second world war,the life and lyrics of oscar hammerstein,george and ira gershwin give me a break.their are 1600 aussies on board give us a bit of our entainment, bands,speakers like doug waters we feel like the whole trip has been a waste of money and time[/quote]

If you are hoping for an answer from Mr Shanks, I don't know if he or anyone at Cunard is following these threads, as the replies to questions were posted at least a week ago.

I'm sorry you are unhappy, but I have to ask how much reseearch you did before this cruise? If you had come to Cruise Critic sooner and asked some questions, you would have known the risks of an obstructed cabin guarantee. You wouldn't even have had to post a question, as a search should bring up some of the threads that already exist on this topic. There are plenty of people who post here who could have told you how big and orange those lifeboats are. I thought the Cunard website showed some views from those cabins--did you look there to find out what the obstruction could be?.

And if you had asked here about entertainment, you would have known that Cunard ships have harpists, pianists, and string quartets. Other cruise lines also offer such musicians, too.

How long did you have to wait to board? I believe this is your first cruise, so you might not be aware of the time it takes to process the large number of people that today's ships carry. Again, there are lots of threads here on embarkation.

I guess you just have to chalk this one up to experience. Next time you want to take a cruise spend some time reading the Cruise Critic boards and you should be able to find a cruise that's more to your liking.

You want Doug Waters for entertainment? Good grief. He played cricket. He drank booze like a fish. He has no entertainment value other than that. But if you think that he would constitute entertainment on the QM2 I now completely understand why you wouldn't have liked your cruise. And thank god Cunard doesn't alter its entertainment so much as to find a place for Dougie. You do not speak on behalf of those other Aussies on board who know the Cunard brand.

Archived