cruisingfor5

50lbs before is cruise oct 13

Hey guys. I have started a group for wanting to lose weight before your cruiseon facebook. Somewhere we can share recipes, workouts, motivate and encourage each other. If you would like to join with me click this link. https://www.*****/LoseB4UCruise/. :)

Day two green smoothie

2 cup blueberries (I use frozen)

1-2 cup coconut water

handful of parsley

1 cup kale or spinach

1 tbsp chia seeds

Followed by a very large salad for lunch. Trying to resist all the Easter goodies in the house. Need to start losing if I want to meet my goal.

Sounds like w are all doing good! I've done 3 days of the Atkins diet along with 40-60 min of zumba a day. So far I have almost lost 3 pounds. I hope I can keep the momentum up........so far so good! :)

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Good job Andrea! Down a bit this week but not as much as I would have liked but I will take it. Heading over the border to Detroit for a hockey tournament for the weekend. Usually not the best eating when at these things but a whole lot of fun :) Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Well- I went on a short cruise (4 day) over the Easter weekend. Total damage done - up 3 pounds, but we had a lot of fun. I am back on plan without any trouble so hopefully this will come off easily. Now that it is maybe getting warmer I can get out for walks more and get things really moving!

have a cruise booked for November gonna join yall in your weightloss plans. will be going to store tomorrow for "food" and getting a start.. glad I found this ... :)

Hi everyone. I am cruising in Oct 13 as well. I want to get rid of 50 lbs at least. I'm taking my daughter and would love to look good in photos with her. I am ashamed to admit that I do not allow anyone to take pictures of me due to my weight. I went on my first cruise last year and was horrified when I was caught in some photos. I actually cried when I saw them. My problem is that I work 3rd shift and travel for work. I need someone, or a lot of someones :D, to buddy with to help me get through this journey. I do have the ability to cook in my hotel rooms and can also make smoothies. So...got room for one more?:o

I'm cruising 8/31 and would love to lose weight before then, ideally 10 lbs a month, or somewhere close to that lol great to find this forum....

I would lik,e to join you all have a cruise booked in Oct and Feb. next year.I need t loose a little over 50 lbs but will be happy to loose 50. I have been slowly loosing weight last 5 years. We eat good breakfst here dailey-lunch is some yogurt and fruit or some veggies., have some peanut butter or spred cheese on other days. Not much appetite of an evening but have some meat or yogurt and veggies. do not eat aftr 6:30. Keep bottled water near at all times. Want a snack fix a cup of hot tea or eat some fruit.

I am 78 and limited in exercise, have a bad ankle. Do try to do some sitting exercises. Will join in weigh in on Thursday.

Welcome to everyone. I just returned from DS hockey tournament in Detroit and I was very bad. Have had a headache since last Thursday and having trouble focusing. It has been raining all day here and just makes me want to eat whatever and go to bed. I need some sunshine. At the beginning of this I grabbed 2 mason jars and 50 of my DS marbles and put them into one jar and put a big heart on the other and was hoping to move them over so I could keep it visual but so far no marbles seem to stay in the good jar :( I am also wanting to have a family photo I am proud of.

Just sailed Carnival Pride last week and had such a great time that I booked another cruise for my post-Thanksgiving week of vacation. Decided that I am going to lose 40 pounds before the next trip. I love Zumba and water exercise, I just need to get myself into a good weekly schedule.

I'm happy to have found this thread, and I'm going to get my marbles ready today (great idea)!

Hello everyone, I would love to join this group too. I am looking to lose 50lbs. prior to my cruise. I am on The Fast Metabolism Diet. The good thing about this diet is that so far it really work. Another good thing is that they want you to make a firm commitment to be on it for 28 days. It also keep you full and great for those who are diabetic like me. However, it is asking to give up things (like coffee) for the 28 days. I lost 10 lbs. so far and 50 more to go before my cruise. I am also thinking about a cruise prior to the January 11, 2014 one.

Welcome to everyone new!

I have been plugging along but no loss but at least no gain. April is a crazy month here and am looking forward to our quieter month of May.

I am down 22 pounds now- 37 to go. It seems like a long way to go but I am trying to keep up the enthusiasm!

I have lost one pound for 3 weeks in a row now. I am perfectly happy with 1# per week if I can just keep it going.

Slowly and steady is alright. As long as we lose.:D

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone, i'm so happy i found this thread ...ill be cruising in September and i desparetly need to lose 35 lbs....i've stared Herbalife and so far I lost 3 lbs since last week. i know i need to be better at snacking at night but now i have all of you and a big picture of the ship on my Fridge to stir me away from the kitchen..lol

good luck to everyone and lets keep pushing....before you now it, Fall will be here!;)

I'm down 7 lbs so far 43 more to go! Crushing first week of September on Norwegian gem.... It's not easy but together we can do it!!

Welcome! I lucky in that's diet plan allows me to snack every three hours if I am awake after dinner. However, it is real strick. A commitment to stay on it for twenty-eight days and to follow the list of foods on the days it allowed. I hated this at first because I am a picky eater buy now I am beginning to enjoy it. The only thing I really miss is my coffee. But she gives you tools to help ease the pain.;)

Ok. DD birthday and party are over and DS hockey tryouts are done and he made the team again. YAY! Now I need to focus and start losing. Got my juicer back out this morning and started my day with fresh vegetable juice. Hoping this rain is gone soon so I can enjoy my walks again.

I'd like to jump in here too and say hi! I decided to look around and see what other forums were available here and pleasantly surprised to find this one. You guys are rocking it!

I have been as high as 253# but for the last 10+ years or so have been averaging right about 230. Took a cruise with my DD in Jan and told her that THIS was the year I was going to get serious about loosing weight. We missed two of our ports due to wind so when I got home decided to book the same cruise and make it an anniversary cruise for my DH and I. Jan 12 we debarked and I started dieting the next day along with my DH. My goal was to lose 65# by December, I've just passed the halfway mark this last week at 195.

I had to go out and buy a belt!! That was a lot of fun..... my wardrobe will suffer for awhile but inside this is the best I've ever felt and believe that I might actually be able to do it.

I know we don't have to share weight and I'll weigh in on Thursdays too :) but, I step on the scale every morning and sometimes throughout the day...... it just seems to help with the inspiration, our diet plan has been all about portion control. Still eat everything but normal portions and no more grazing all day.

Look forward to sharing the positive parts of this tough challenge! So far my feet and back are already feeling much better, notice it a lot at work where I do stand a lot. The flappy arms..... didn't see these coming!!

Happy to have you here. I want to lose 60lbs. By 1/11. I have a long way to go. But your weight loss is great and encourages us to not give up.

I would like to jump in and join! I'm cruising Oct 20 for my 40th birthday, and I would love to lose 30 pounds (at least) by then.

HI everyone! I am so glad to found this group. I am also cruising on Oct 13. This is the first time I feel motivated anout starting a weight loss program since I had my baby last year. Hoping to loose 15-20 pounds.

Hi everyone!

We have so many new people here...that is fantastic!

I posted here before our Easter cruise on the Brilliance. I gained a few lbs on the cruise and was hoping to get back here sooner...but life got in the way! Work has been crazy busy and stressful but I am back!

So many of you have lost so much already! And I saw two new Michiganders, from Grand Rapids here!

I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things! I also love crock pot steel cut oatmeal but have a hard time getting in a 6 hour cook time! Too long work days lately! I really do need to learn to like exercise. I know that would help me be more successful!

Looking forward to losing weight with you all!

Lauri

So it is a fact! I have chosen May 9 to start my weight loss program. I am using the eating well website and just internet in general to help me prepare healthy daily menus of 1500 cal. 3 meals and 3 snacks. I'll be walking with the stroller, will star with 30min 3 days a week. Haven't weight myself yet, last time was at a doc appointment after having my baby a year ago. Wow I'm nervous of the balance! Will wait for the first time on thursday, need to buy a balance also.

So it is a fact! I have chosen May 9 to start my weight loss program. I am using the eating well website and just internet in general to help me prepare healthy daily menus of 1500 cal. 3 meals and 3 snacks. I'll be walking with the stroller, will star with 30min 3 days a week. Haven't weight myself yet, last time was at a doc appointment after having my baby a year ago. Wow I'm nervous of the balance! Will wait for the first time on thursday, need to buy a balance also.

Sounds like you have a well thought out plan. Good luck, keep us updated on your progress

Hi there all-

Today is the day. I'm looking to loose 50 lbs by the time we cruise, and KEEP IT OFF. I'm not doing it to be called "skinny", or "prettier",, we are all beautiful! I'm doing it for health and to feel better about myself . I don't know if this is possible in the amount of time I have,(is it)??? but want to try my best. I'm going to be doing exercise and meal replacement shakes, as well as portion control and healthy eating.

Positive thoughts... Send my way!!! I need it. :)

To lose 50lbs should take you anywhere from 6 months to a year. That is in a healthy way and if you want to keep it off. Of course all depend of person age, metabolism, lifestyle and health. General rule is to loose 1-2 lbs per week. It might seem like a long time but it is about been healthier and that is worth it.

Hi there all-

Today is the day. I'm looking to loose 50 lbs by the time we cruise, and KEEP IT OFF. I'm not doing it to be called "skinny", or "prettier",, we are all beautiful! I'm doing it for health and to feel better about myself . I don't know if this is possible in the amount of time I have,(is it)??? but want to try my best. I'm going to be doing exercise and meal replacement shakes, as well as portion control and healthy eating.

Positive thoughts... Send my way!!! I need it. :)

Welcome. My best and most positive thoughts are headed your way. I took a break from my diet but I will restart it again soon. However, I going to a wedding this month and want to be free to enjoy. However, there are something's fr my diet that I will be restarting tomorrow. That is drinking half my body weight in oz. , no coffee ( being off it for so long I don't enjoy it like I once did, eat within thirty mins. After waking up, eating five times a day and stay away from sugar.

Sending positive thoughts to all! I am inspired by your successes. I am cruising October 27, 2013 and want to start loosing weight. I have quite a bit to loose, but am setting a goal of 30 lbs. I think that is doable in 5 months. I am going out now to buy myself a Mother's day gift of cross trainers so I can get out there and walk. :)

MEL

I just realized I hadn't checked in here for a while. I am thrilled to report that I am now down 27.5 pound, 31.5 to go before I cruise Nov. 10. I think I'm actually going to make it!

Hi All :)

I started (again) a weight loss plan before my December cruise yesterday. I wish I had known about this thread all along! I would love to join in.

The very first post hooked me because it sounded EXACTLY like something I have said myself.

I've been trying to use MyFitnessPal just to record my calories, but also started writing them down in a physical copy because for some reason it makes me feel like I've accomplished something haha.

Yesterday I decided to get back into it full force, I'd lost some of my cruise oomph for a while there when I thought my best friend wasn't going to be able to go with me - but hooray she is back in!

No specific goal before December, 30-40 lbs would be fine with me as I plan to keep going after that anyway

So yesterday I did a short beginner (10 min. of it) Zumba class, about 30 minutes of floor work, 45 min. @ 2.0 mph on the treadmill while I waited for laundry to be done, then 20 min. moderate effort on the stationary bike (about 5 miles) I plan on doing some variations of this at least 4 times a week.

Now here is where my tricky part comes in, I am currently living in hotels travelling on the road with my fiancé for his job. Mostly fitness centers within the hotels are not hard to come by, what IS hard to come by on the road is HEALTHY EATING... any suggestions??

Wow that is a hard one. Cooking healthy meals in a hotel is hard. The first thing that pop to my mind is crockpot meals, you might be able to buy a small crockpot for about $20, but not sure about hotel policies. Google crockpot meal under 500 cal and see if you like something. When eating outside order salads and bring your own dressing, no fat/no sugar. Always carry healthy snacks in your purse like almonds and fruits.

Overall don't stress and just do your best.

Good luck!

Edited by theriveras