Just off the Allure today (March 10)

Just a FYI. Just came of the 3/3-3/10 Allure as well. Did the walk off and was off by 0615. The taxi's had not arrived yet in the normal swarms and we had to wait for a cab (van) to the airport for about 5 minutes. Current rate is $11 a person and we shared a van with two other couples. Customs only had 2 lines open at the ship terminal and the line to get through TSA at FLL took about 35 minutes. My advice is be careful about flights before 10am.

I'm wondering if the cabs take credit cards or if we'll need to reserve cash. Thanks!

I'm wondering if the cabs take credit cards or if we'll need to reserve cash. Thanks!

The last few times we have used cabs in Ft. Lauderdale, they all took credit cards. However, the credit card machine might be out of service, so it's a good idea to have some backup cash just in case. If it's a big deal, you should ask the cab driver if the credit card machine is working before getting in the cab.

Hi, just wondering if the Allure has a free ice cream machine by the pool area? Thanks.:)

Yes, there are 2 or 3 soft-serve machines in the pool area, and another one in the Wipeout Cafe.

The last few times we have used cabs in Ft. Lauderdale, they all took credit cards. However, the credit card machine might be out of service, so it's a good idea to have some backup cash just in case. If it's a big deal, you should ask the cab driver if the credit card machine is working before getting in the cab.

Just a heads up, Some cabbies in Ft lauderdale claim the credit card machine is not working when it is ! There is a number listed you can call if the machine is in fact broken. I will bet you they change thier tune when you say you are going to call.

They want the cash!;)

Reader

We had cabin 7152 (oceanview balcony) which is forward, port side. However, for the western itinerary, better views of ports would have been on the starboard side. This was the first time we had a cabin on such a low deck, and I worried about the choice. However, I LOVED IT!

We were neighbors in 7150 and 7148 and we also loved the location. We were a deck away from the spa and super close to both the Royal Promenade and Central Park. We used our balcony a ton. Sunset views were great.

As for the person asking about the 1:30 flight out of Miami and the person saying stay on the ship as long as you can, I disagree. We had a 9:45 departure from the ship (group 71) and didn't end up getting off until 10:30 and not out the door after clearing customs until close to noon. We got off and then had to wait in really long lines to wait to get into the luggage holding room.

There were half as many customs/passport agents as there were in the past due to the sequestration and that was causing huge backups.

Will it help if we don't have luggage? What is reccomended reserved departure time? Also we have not sailed RCI before so do you get to pick this time? From everything we hear, it sounds like if you could book a disembarkation time, it would be 9:00AM?

You can also take photographs of them and put them on a photo hosting site,and share the link on CC or as I often do...

1-post them to Face Book for "only me",

2-then click on the pic in FB when you get to that photo,

3-you can right click on it (not near a face or it will think you want to tag someone) and select "copy image URL"

4-copy this url into the thread and add in front of the URL and at the end of the url...it should look like this:

color]httprghhekujhgujerhgkerhgk.jpg[color=red]

5- if you preview your post it will show up, so you'll know you did it right!:D

Its a lot of work, totally up to you whether you want to...it's a lot of pages for Allure!

Familygoboston,

You are my new hero!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how many times I have tried to add decent photos (not silly thumbnails). What a simple way to do it.

Cannot thank you enough. Now I shall be able to attempt reviews.

Raina

Archived