One discontinued Royal Princess feature they did not mention

yyjguy

You could always go to the Retreat Pool to get away from MUTS. It looks much bigger and has much more seating around it than the one adjacent to Ruby's fitness center has. Seems like you have your mind made up though.

That's why I mentioned that going forward (to the Retreat Pool on Royal Princess) doesn't work because of the sound bleed. MUTS has enough power behind it so that it can be heard at Sanctuary on the Grand Class ships. The only way to really get away from the sound is to go the opposite way of where the speakers are pointing - aft.

That's why I mentioned that going forward (to the Retreat Pool on Royal Princess) doesn't work because of the sound bleed. MUTS has enough power behind it so that it can be heard at Sanctuary on the Grand Class ships. The only way to really get away from the sound is to go the opposite way of where the speakers are pointing - aft.

We have often been sitting in the Sanctuary on the Ruby and her sisters and heard MUTS, sometimes loud enough to hear the words being spoken.

As an aside, on two 7 day Caribbean cruises we've done on the Ruby essentially all lounge chairs around the aft pool, the MUTS pool, the next one forward and the Lotus pool have been occupied on sea days. The only available chairs we saw were in the sun in the area outside the Sanctuary. For someone who isn't fond of sitting in the sun much, a vacant lounger could be a problem.

Speaking of Ruby Princess, you sure concentrated on the aspects of that ship that you didn't enjoy on the cruise ship rating thread. A ship is a ship and we shouldn't dwell on the negatives.

My cruise on Ruby Princess ended on December 16th, and I posted no review positive or negative, just the very best pictorial review of the ship and my time ashore that I could publish. I did this because I knew Ruby Princess was a favorite on this board and I would probably be blasted out of the water should there be a review that goes against the flow.

In the weeks and months following the cruise I mentioned, on occasion, that I was disappointed and some of reasons of why my cruise was a disappointment. I rarely mentioned anything positive because there was very, very little to expand on, but when there was something positive to say I have mentioned it - like my dinner at Sabatini's, the burgers at the Trident Grill, a fantastic meal at the Cafe Caribe, two Pub Lunches in the Wheelhouse Bar, the attractive atrium, and the unobtrusiveness of MUTS. I've mentioned too that the ship was very comfortable and pretty, and that I though the ship was quite lovely. And when I was asked why I wasn't doing a review I politely responded why I thought it was not a good idea. When the Princess Ratings thread came along (two and a half months after I disembarked) I took that opportunity to share more, mirroring the comments of prior posts. But in the time in between I certainly didn't jump on every...single...Ruby Princess review and (incessantly complain) express my concerns of what I thought was wrong.

On January 11th on the Ruby Princess pictorial review thread of mine Gambee said this: "I did a search for royal princes and I get many hits. But I can't find what I am really looking for. I want to know if there is a main thread that contains everything Royal Princess, sort of like the one of breakaway. I love to follow the process for this ship as well."

That spawned the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread, and as a direct response to the incredible amount of negativity it had been receiving in the nine months prior. Gambee (author of the Allure pictorial review of over 365,000 views) was busy on the Norwegian Breakaway thread, so I took it upon myself to try and be positive and creative about this new flagship. And at that time it was sorely needed. Today we enter the 11th week of that thread and for a ship that has never sailed, the thread has garnered incredibly positive feedback. And I am grateful for that. I am also grateful that I can try and focus on something other than negativity.

I've said this before: If Royal Princess was just a Grand-class on steroids, or another clone, I wouldn't give it a second look. There probably wouldn't be an 'Everything Royal Princess' thread. And I certainly wouldn't be sailing Princess Cruises again in December, with the prospect of another Princess booking for 2014.

Moaning about the way things used to be is one of the most popular activities on CC - and on cruises.

Many posters here really enjoy speculating on what they won't like on future ships, and then complaining about it in advance.

Complaining is one cruise activity that doesn't cost anything, so as expected it is very popular.

Even better, most of the complainers know that the cruise lines don't take them seriously most of the time, so the complaints satisfy only those who are doing the moaning.

Change is a terrible thing.

Archived