OMG *dances* UPGRADE UPGRADE!!!

VallyD

We booked a VD Guarantee, we were just assigned our stateroom on the msEurodam for the March 30 cruise. We were upgraded from VD to VA with an AFT balcony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!! Im so excited!

[quote name='VallyD']We booked a VD Guarantee, we were just assigned our stateroom on the msEurodam for the March 30 cruise. We were upgraded from VD to VA with an AFT balcony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!! Im so excited![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Congratulations! You will love it.....[/SIZE][/FONT]

I am in total disbelief!!!! I think it's one heck of an upgrade, I'm not entirely sure because I'm new to all this but happy all the same!! This honeymoon is going to be amazing!

I read this forum pretty regularly and often see how so many people absolutely love their aft balconies. With this in mind it seems odd to me that an aft balcony was available for a guarantee booking. Seems like they would have been all booked. Am I missing something?

I'm not comfortable giving out my cabin number but no, you didn't miss anything. Trust me, I looked at the deck plans on the sticky for HAL pictures AND on the HAL site. I also contacted a customer service representative.

Chat Transcript
Welcome to Holland America Line. We offer Chat service in English only. Please wait while we contact our next available agent...
You are now speaking with Lisa!
Customer: Hey Lisa, I tried to send our last transcript regarding the AFT balcony VA (redacted) on the Eurodam to my email and I don't think it went through
Customer: can you send it?
Lisa: Unfortunately, I can't.
Customer: Okay well for my records, VA (REDACTED) is an aft balcony, correct?
Lisa: Yes indeed.
Customer: Thanks sorry for the trouble :)
Lisa: No worries.
Lisa: Thank you for contacting us. It was my pleasure to assist you today, and I hope that I have been able to answer all of your questions .If you have any more questions always feel free to call or chat with us again.
Thank you for using Live Help. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

[quote name='vbmom87']I read this forum pretty regularly and often see how so many people absolutely love their aft balconies. With this in mind it seems odd to me that an aft balcony was available for a guarantee booking. Seems like they would have been all booked. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

COuld be that the folks that had the aft balcony also got an upgrade (or and upsell). Then everyone below that moves up.

Just got the original transcript

You are now speaking with Lisa!
Customer: Hi Lisa!
Lisa: Hi, what can I help you with today?
Customer: I am sailing on the msEurodam on March 30, I just recieved my stateroom. VA (redacted), I don't understand the deck plans exactly but it seems to be an Aft balcony, am I correct?
Lisa: One moment please, while I bring that up.
Customer: Thank you SO much
Lisa: Yes, that's correct.
Customer: Wonderful! Thank you for your help, that's all I have to ask :)
Lisa: Thank you for contacting us. It was my pleasure to assist you today, and I hope that I have been able to answer all of your questions .If you have any more questions always feel free to call or chat with us again.
Thank you for using Live Help. You may now close this window.

[quote name='Traveling Dot']Congrats, have a great honeymoon. Now you will be able to sit on your balcony and see the "honey":Dmoon as you relax after your wedding.[/QUOTE]

Awwww *sniffles* our wedding was Nov 21, 2012...we have been waiting a while for this :o

Archived