Aft Junior Suites on Adventure?

Hi everyone. Looking at possibly getting a Junior Suite for a future cruise on Adventure. I was looking at the aft ones, are these good and hard to come by? The junior aft suites still available are 7394, 7392, 6692,6694,6394. Any better than others or is it better to have a midship one? Pictures if you have any :) Opinions!

Hi everyone. Looking at possibly getting a Junior Suite for a future cruise on Adventure. I was looking at the aft ones, are these good and hard to come by? The junior aft suites still available are 7394, 7392, 6692,6694,6394. Any better than others or is it better to have a midship one? Pictures if you have any :) Opinions!

We have not sailed Adventure but we had an aft JS on the Navigator (same class ship) this passed Dec on deck 10 and loved it. I would take deck 7 if you cant get deck 10. The aft JS's are highly desired. On the aft you get a much bigger room than on the side as well as a HUGE balcony. The only draw back is your walk in closet is not as big, but still plenty of room and plenty of shelving. IMO you can't go wrong with an aft JS.

I totally agree with colesc15. I have had aft JSs and balcony cabins on Navigator, Mariner and Voyager. Snag a JS on 10 if it comes available. Deck 7 is okay, but higher is better. Don't book deck 6. It's not the superstructure that's a problem as much as the large area between the cabins and the ocean that is the roof of a crew area on deck 5. Also, the aft JS cabins are a little smaller than the other JSs. This is primarily the width of the cabin, 18-24 inches narrower. There is not the extra window next to the slider and the closet is barely walkin. It is angled and most of it is just wide enough for the hangers. There are shelves at the widest end, but not nearly as many as on the other JSs. I'm not saying they aren't great, because I love them and book them whenever possible, but I just wanted you to be aware of the differences. Huge balcony with loungers is fantastic.

I totally agree with colesc15. I have had aft JSs and balcony cabins on Navigator, Mariner and Voyager. Snag a JS on 10 if it comes available. Deck 7 is okay, but higher is better. Don't book deck 6. It's not the superstructure that's a problem as much as the large area between the cabins and the ocean that is the roof of a crew area on deck 5. Also, the aft JS cabins are a little smaller than the other JSs. This is primarily the width of the cabin, 18-24 inches narrower. There is not the extra window next to the slider and the closet is barely walkin. It is angled and most of it is just wide enough for the hangers. There are shelves at the widest end, but not nearly as many as on the other JSs. I'm not saying they aren't great, because I love them and book them whenever possible, but I just wanted you to be aware of the differences. Huge balcony with loungers is fantastic.

Only ones left are deck 6 and 7 :(

Only ones left are deck 6 and 7 :(

Take one on deck 7 and then watch for 1394 or 1694 to open up. Those are the only other JSs that aren't on deck 6 or 7. Then you can switch. I've done this before with success, but I check the cruise several times a day;)

Take one on deck 7 and then watch for 1394 or 1694 to open up. Those are the only other JSs that aren't on deck 6 or 7. Then you can switch. I've done this before with success, but I check the cruise several times a day;)

Are 7394 or 7392 good rooms with big balconies? (If I had to stay in one of those)

This is good advice! ;)

The rooms you are considering are nice, large cabins with large balconies. The balconies are partially shaded and the view is slightly obstructed with the superstructure. Many people love these cabins though, despite the obstruction.

Here are a couple photos taken from aft js balcony 7394. One is looking left and the other is looking right.

underwayfromourbalconyagain7394.jpg.d891d48524942c2ec5cee78757bdc15b.jpg

underwayfromourbalconyof7394.jpg.316840b85a80d9c1d5daf310fbdf4c9b.jpg

The rooms you are considering are nice, large cabins with large balconies. The balconies are partially shaded and the view is slightly obstructed with the superstructure. Many people love these cabins though, despite the obstruction.

Here are a couple photos taken from aft js balcony 7394. One is looking left and the other is looking right.

What is that below? Like the half circle looking deck?

What is that below? Like the half circle looking deck?

It is just a big, blank, deck! Dead space! It's what stands between the railings of the balconies of deck 6 and the wake! Nothing happens out there, other than the occasional crew member mopping the dead space! ;) But, it IS the main reason these aft cabins are the last ones booked!

Do you think an aft Junior Suite would be too much for just us two? I put the courtesy hold on it, just in case :)

Not really. We are also just two and book a JS when the price is reasonable.

Heck no! I love having the extra space! When the price is right I always grab a JS for the two of us! :-)

Thank you so much for all your help! I have it on hold. The only thing that concerns me is going on this sailing the week before it goes into dry dock.. I've heard that they start working on the ship during the sailing and I don't want that to ruin to my cruise!

Do you think an aft Junior Suite would be too much for just us two? I put the courtesy hold on it, just in case :)

Grab it!!! I book a JS when it's just me:) I had 1694 on Navigator in January. The week before dry dock is probably better than the week after. They are usually finishing stuff up. You'll still have a great cruise with a great cabin. Bonnie Voyager gave you great info and pictures. Opps. Just checked. I had 7394 on Navigator and 1694 on Mariner in November. If you can get it, take 1694. It's much better!

Grab it!!! I book a JS when it's just me:) I had 1694 on Navigator in January. The week before dry dock is probably better than the week after. They are usually finishing stuff up. You'll still have a great cruise with a great cabin. Bonnie Voyager gave you great info and pictures. Opps. Just checked. I had 7394 on Navigator and 1694 on Mariner in November. If you can get it, take 1694. It's much better!

Bonnie Voyager gave me EXCELLENT information :)

Thank you so much for all your help! I have it on hold. The only thing that concerns me is going on this sailing the week before it goes into dry dock.. I've heard that they start working on the ship during the sailing and I don't want that to ruin to my cruise!

It is highly unlikely that they will start doing any MAJOR noticeable work during your cruise! Certainly nothing that would "ruin" anyone's cruise! Heck, then people would complain and form a class-action lawsuit, and RCCL would have to be giving out refunds and free cruises! :eek: ;) You KNOW Royal Caribbean doesn't want to have to deal with that! :D Hmmmmm, maybe I'll book myself on that cruise! What week was it? ;)

It is highly unlikely that they will start doing any MAJOR noticeable work during your cruise! Certainly nothing that would "ruin" anyone's cruise! Heck, then people would complain and form a class-action lawsuit, and RCCL would have to be giving out refunds and free cruises! :eek: ;) You KNOW Royal Caribbean doesn't want to have to deal with that! :D Hmmmmm, maybe I'll book myself on that cruise! What week was it? ;)

I booked it :) for those who have had 1694, will we be able to get much sun on our balcony or is it mostly shaded most of the time?

Archived