Single Parent's thread

Ajkcruiser

• 2 weeks later...

I am a single mom sailing June 14, 2014 on Norwegian Getaway. My 16/17 year old will be sailing with me. He turns 17 two days after the cruise. I would be interested in others to have dinner with or play trivia just hang out. He loved the teen club on our first cruise last year and I only saw him when I made him have dinner with me.

My 30 something daughter will be sailing with us(family) along with her children. We will be on Getaway June 14th, 2014. Are their many married/solo cruisers with kids? She would love to have another Mom to hang out with some and maybe enjoy some nightlife together(she loves to dance).

Single mom, first-time cruiser, 10 yr old son wants to go to Italy. We are thinking about the Disney 7-nt Western Med cruise next summer (June 2015). I'd like a cruise that he is happy enjoying kids activities while I relax and meet other singles while on-board and one with excellent excursions. Any feedback on the Disney cruises? Thanks for your feedback & suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I will be on the Radiance of the Seas southbound out of Seward on July 3, 2015 with my son...he will be 17 by then. We did the same cruise, except northbound, in 2008 with my parents, and my son loved it. So, we decided to go again, just the two of us!

Would love to have other single parents on board to hang out with....and you have plenty of time to plan, since it's a year away! :)

Ruth

• 2 months later...
I figure this would be a great way to meet other single parents for further cruises and to share experiences of previous journeys.

We are booked on

Star Nola TA April 21

Empress Baltic May 11

Zenith Venetian Round May 20

Epic Rome TA Oct 16

AJ

Great idea! I see a bunch of singles posts but nothing about single parents. I am actually a single mom and taking my daughter who is 4 on Carnival Fantasy in December. She will be turning 5 on the trip. This will be my 2nd cruise total and my daughter's first.

Cool thread! I am a single mom who will be leaving her

amazing two year old home with her wonderful grandparents

while mom celebrates her 35th birthday. I will be on

The Norwegian Breakaway on November 30 from NYC

to Florida and the Bahamas.

Single mom (30's) that has pretty much given up on finding other adults to travel with. I don't know why it's so hard...don't people like to vacation??

So, I will undoubtedly always be cruising solo with my 3 (girl-11,boys- 6&7).

My cruises are in my sig! Would love to meet other single parents!

• 2 weeks later...
Single mom (30's) that has pretty much given up on finding other adults to travel with. I don't know why it's so hard...don't people like to vacation??

So, I will undoubtedly always be cruising solo with my 3 (girl-11,boys- 6&7).

My cruises are in my sig! Would love to meet other single parents!

I feel the same way! Everyone is always on board with it until its time to book. I gave up waiting on people to make up their mind when they were never going to go anyway. I am taking my kids (10 & 7) on their first cruise in June on the Fantasy by myself. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Single mom here traveling the Carnival Breeze with my 2 boys (1 teenager) good spring break in April! Love to hang of with another mom (or dad) sometimes during the week!

Unless my sister goes, my friends always seem to back out when it's time to book. This will be my 6th and my kids 3rd cruise together.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

Edited by aeshaunua

Hi,

Although this thread seems primarily based in the US, I am an Aussie mum travelling with my two teenage boys on a four night cruise out of Singapore on January 8 2015 on Mariner of the Seas. Hoping to meet a few new friends to chat to!

Martine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After having to cancel 2 cruises.... We are in for the journey of a life time ..... 30 days aboard the Costa Luminosa.... With 10 days Caribbean during March break and 20 days TA which has ports in The Spanish Riviera and Italy.....

Who wants to come????

AJ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...