Jewel Pics? Holiday Pics?

tutuwahineLV

Hi all,

have booked the Jewel for Christmas, and am wondering if anyone has any pics they would like to share. Doesn't have to be holiday time, am just curious about the Jewel.

Have done the Star and Pearl, so am very excited to be on a new ship.

Thanks in advance for sharing. ;)

Hi all,

have booked the Jewel for Christmas, and am wondering if anyone has any pics they would like to share. Doesn't have to be holiday time, am just curious about the Jewel.

Have done the Star and Pearl, so am very excited to be on a new ship.

Thanks in advance for sharing. ;)

The Jewel the Gem And the Pearl Are one in the same = same class - same layout.

Diller, Thanks thats good to know.... I loved the Pearl. are they alike all the way down to the bowling alley?? that had to be the most unexpected sound on a ship.... totally caught me off guard. :rolleyes:

SDMike, thanks for sharing those beautiful pics. Alaska is my favorite place. I cant wait to do that cruise again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here are pictures from my summer 2012 Alaska trip on the Jewel

http://public.fotki.com/ritchiefamily/san_diego_family/2012-pictures/alaska-cruise-2012/

Hey Mike - I know this thread is old, but you were on both Jewel and Epic. How does Jewel compare? We are looking at her for Februay 2015 out of Houston. Very reasonable pricing .... also looking at Epic again. Was just concerned that one could be "bored" after coming off Epic twice, Getaway, and then Breakaway.

Jewel is a great ship. We were never bored, but it was a very different experience (are are most ships versus Epic). She's smaller, but still a big ship. Freestyle works the same, but their shows were more "main theater" oriented rather than having all of the options like Epic. They were all very good though.

The staff was great, the food was great, and we really liked the Great Outdoors area at the back of the ship.

Jewel is a great ship. We were never bored, but it was a very different experience (are are most ships versus Epic). She's smaller, but still a big ship. Freestyle works the same, but their shows were more "main theater" oriented rather than having all of the options like Epic. They were all very good though.

The staff was great, the food was great, and we really liked the Great Outdoors area at the back of the ship.

What about the teens you had? Did they have enough to do? I really enjoyed the Sky, and it sounds like Jewel has the open space that Sky has as well.

What about the teens you had? Did they have enough to do? I really enjoyed the Sky, and it sounds like Jewel has the open space that Sky has as well.

On the Epic my teens pretty much disappeared into the teen center with their PS3 games, etc. On the Jewel they met folks in the teen club (which is small and not very interesting) and went off and did other things. I would find my son and his friends all over the ship, including one night when they were singing karaoke when we walked by Fizz. Heckling my 16yo was great fun. lol. Remember, there was really nothing going on up on the pool deck on this cruise. It was cold and rainy nearly the whole way up and back from Alaska. I'm sure they would have spend a lot of time at the pool as well if it was nicer out.

Archived