Courtyard Isla Verde vs Best Western Condado (Not finished yet)

colesc15

I went ahead and made two cancelable reservations this morning at these two hotels. The Best Western hotel isn't open yet, it's set to be open in April. The Best Western I was able to get a King room with partial ocean view (supposed to have a balcony too I think) for $195 with all the taxes and resort fee.. The Courtyard Isla Verde came to $315 for a king room with low floor balcony with all the taxes and resort fee. Once it get's closer I'm going to try priceline as well, but which would you guys choose of these two? Since the Best Western one is about 6 miles from the airport, am I going to pay a huge amount in taxis to get to that hotel from the airport, and then to the cruise port the next day? The new Best Western is over 100 dollars cheaper than the Courtyard.. and it's only a block from the beach and a brand new hotel according to their website.

We stayed post cruise at the Courtyard Isla Verde in October, the beach was amazing! The price for the room (balcony with ocean view) and resort fees were under $160. I think you probably reserved too far out, $315 seems quite a bit too much. Cab from hotel to pier was $8 plus $1 per bag.

Pre cruise we stayed at the Hampton Inn Isla Verde and it was very comfortable and even cheaper than the Courtyard however about a block from the beach. Restaurants and a drugstore are within walking distance from both.

We have stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde the last two years and are booked again this year. We love it! Right on a beautiful beach. They have a bar with great mohitos and live Latin bands on Saturday nights. (We love to dance.) I contacted the manager and got upgrades to ocean front rooms at $135.00 plus taxes each year.

Archived