Has anyone done Day Passes at Coco Reef Resort?

LizzieTrowbridge

Hi.

For our party of 6, Coco Reef Resort will be $354, which includes, as you know lunch.

Would you think this is a nice day for $354?

Thank you.

I don't see any need to do day passes on Bermuda. But if thats your thing I am sure it will be a nice day. All who have been there have made positive reports. ( I am not opposed to day passes. Some islands I consider them a necessity and have done a bunch. But Bermuda I prefer doing freestyle. )

Several have mentioned 6 in a taxi--do they use vans or something?

How is the weather the end of Sept? I doubt we'd swim, so would it still be worthwhile?

I have gone in September and the weather was good and the water temperature was good. It is a great time to go except for that it is hurricane season. So there is a chance you could go to Canada or the Bahamas. That never happened to me but one year in September we had to leave Bermuda a day early. The weather was perfect in Bermuda but a hurricane was coming up the east coast so our ship had to go south and come up behind the hurricane rather than sail thru it to rerurn to New York. In spite of that one experience I have booked in September several times since then because the weather, air and water temperature are pretty good. I don't think the odds of a hurricane effecting any one sailing are actually that high. It is only a possibilty. In July and August it can be hot and humid in Bermuda and the ships full of kids. May I have found rainy and the water temperature too cool. This year I am going in June but I considered a September sailing.

I keep reading Horseshoe Bay is the prettiest beach on the island. How does this compare?

Horseshoe is the prettiest public beach that I have seen. I have seen a very pretty private beach but none of us will be able to use that one as you have to be a member of a golf club. Horseshoe has facilities and chair and umbrella rentals. It has lifeguards. It will also be the most crowded beach because it has the faciities. Farther to the left when facing the ocean it is a lot less crowded as people tend to congregate close to the facilities. If you walk farther to the left beyond the main beach there are pretty coves with few people. There are pretty very beaches as you walk farther along but no facilities. Horseshoe is the closest south shore beach to the Dockyard. If the weather is good Horseshoe is the beach I will go to in June. The beach near Elbow where Coco is located is somewhat pretty but not as pretty in my opinion as Horseshoe. YMMV. It is also closer to the sewage outflow...

Edited by Charles4515

And Horseshoe is a closer cab ride from the Dockyard area?

Horseshoe is about a 20 minute cab ride from the Dockyard; the distance is about 10 miles. The new fare will be about $35.00 for up to 4 passengers.

You wrote - Horseshoe is a closer cab ride from the Dockyard area - Closer than what????

SBtS

The beach at Coco Reef Resort

Yes, Horseshoe is closer to the Dockyard than Coco if traveling by bus, scooter, or taxi; however, many, that have been to CRR, recommend first taking the ferry to Hamilton, and taking a taxi to CRR from there. This brings the taxi fare down to about $15.00 for 4 passengers, but there still is the ferry fare.

SBtS

Pictures taken this March at CoCo Reef.

View of the Pool and ocean from the restaurant's porch

1898174_10152192691530758_198320900_n.jpg

Path down to the beach

1661413_10152192691095758_910048050_n.jpg

Images of the beach on the west side of resort

1743649_10152192691330758_300343405_n.jpg

Beach heading over towards Elbow Beach Hotel and Mickey's

1922063_10152192691645758_1700048530_n.jpg

I'm not seeing the photos posted above. If anyone has more photos, plees share. Really looking forward to this vacation!

Here are the locations of each of those photos, click on each one:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1898174_10152192691530758_198320900_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1661413_10152192691095758_910048050_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1743649_10152192691330758_300343405_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1922063_10152192691645758_1700048530_n.jpg

It worked when I did it, hope the same for you.

SBtS

I'm not seeing the photos posted above. If anyone has more photos, plees share. Really looking forward to this vacation!

I think I may have solved your problem:

go to site menu bar that starts with User CP and select it,

then select Settings & Options,

next, Edit Options,

under Thread display options,

make sure you have checked - Show images

at the bottom of the page - Save Changes.

SBtS