Iluvcruising2

Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

Now this was from Deck 4, Centrum. I am facing the new R-bar. This being an Asian cruise where most of us don’t drink too much, it wasn’t very crowded at all.

jqhqft.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

The Centrum stage, taken from the R bar. There was a lot of live music on this cruise, including the Royal Caribbean orchestra, a very good guitarist, Dynamic Duo (from Jamaica) and another Asian band. Very lively atmosphere.

2ivfsi0.jpg

As newly minted Diamond C&A members, we were looking forward to using the Diamond Club Lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and I think we will not cruise on a Royal ship again if there isn’t a Diamond Club onboard! Here was the entrance, on Deck 9.

20u2uj6.jpg

The Diamond Club lounge from the corner. Capacity was about 40. I did ask Andrew what would happen if there were many Diamonds on the Legend. Ours had 37 and clearly not all used the lounge, at least not at the same time. So the lounge didn’t feel crowded at all. Andrew wasn’t sure, but I think they will face this challenge when the Legend sails to Europe and USA.

29def4i.jpg

Bar service during dinner. On top of Andrew, they had 2 bar-tenders serving us during evening hours. The La Terre you see was the House red. They also had a White as well as Champagne.

1zccm0h.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

The bartenders would mix you any drink you want, using the drinks available. Most of the time I had a red and beers. They had Heineken, Bud and Miller Lite.

zwf2o7.jpg

This is typical of what I get at the Diamond Lounge. A glass of red, with some savoury food plus lots and lots of salad sticks. I love those cucumber, carrot and celery sticks.

qz5cg6.jpg

Thanks for your review. Having only been on bigger ships I loved looking at the photos. ...planning more trips without our DS on the smaller ships.

With the retrofit, I believe they have introduced pervasive Wi-Fi throughout the Legend. However, I didn't use it, so I can't comment on how good it was.

2ro3lzm.jpg

4kk35w.jpg

2qjbmev.jpg

A sunny afternoon, Day 3, sea day. Singaporeans don’t like the sun too much, we get too much of it. Almost all the passengers sun-tanning were Caucasians.

jgmfyo.jpg

Great photos waiting eagerly for the ports of call, always fancied cruising in Asia.

Thanks for your note. Ok, I'll try to get to the ports of call soon.

After 2 sea days, our first port of call would be Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines. This was the first time that the Legend of the Seas had called at this port. In fact, this port was added very late, only about 2-3 months before the sailing date.

5tkxv.jpg

Puerto Princesa was a virgin port for Royal Caribbean. We couldn’t find any reliable private tour operators online, so we went with a ship’s tour.

b7xp3n.jpg

View of the ship, from the bus. Many passengers took ship tours, and the situation was rather chaotic at the That’s Entertainment theatre, early in the morning. Our tour had a total of 14 buses! This turned out to be quite a nightmare later on, due to capacity constraints at the Underground River attraction that we were all going to.

2ymydn5.jpg

Puerto Princesa was still rather undeveloped. It did look rather poor. A shame, really. Some history. The Philippines was the richest and most developed country in South East Asia in the 1960s. Today, it is probably one of the poorest, if not the poorest. What happened?

14a9114.jpg