Sheraton Day Pass ?

GJM

I am considering the Sheraton for a day Pass - I seem to be reading different things.

Is it $30 per day and does it included the non motorized water toys? Some posts seem to say yes while others say no. I will have 2 - 13 years with me and I want them to have something to do.

The room day pass is $99 for 2 people? Some have said they have used it for 4 people or that each additional person is $10 or $35.

So confused of what to do in Nassau for the day, Blue Lagoon or Sheraton or Atlantis

I am considering the Sheraton for a day Pass - I seem to be reading different things.

Is it $30 per day and does it included the non motorized water toys? Some posts seem to say yes while others say no. I will have 2 - 13 years with me and I want them to have something to do.

The room day pass is $99 for 2 people? Some have said they have used it for 4 people or that each additional person is $10 or $35.

So confused of what to do in Nassau for the day, Blue Lagoon or Sheraton or Atlantis

go to the Sheraton website to check prices, it was $30 when i went, non-motorized water toys were included - the blow up slide was considered 'motorized'. the beach is nice, you are not looking out at the ships, you will need to taxi or take the #10 Jitney, there are multiple pools as well. you could bring a mask and semi snorkel, the water is shallow but near the back section you can see fish/lobster. i wouldn't do atlantis because of the cost. not sure if BL has 'toys'

Here is a reply I got from the Sheraton:

The day pass is $99.00 for a room of 2 persons and each additional person is $10.00 with a maximum of 4 persons to a room. Otherwise (without room) $30 per person and children (4-12 years) $15 per child. These prices are for the use of the facilities and the passes can be purchased at our Front Desk upon arrival. The day room pass can be purchased in advance and are good from 7am-7pm. Both passes includes kayaking, snorkel gear, water trampoline, floatation mats, aqua cycle and paddle boats. Please note resort fees and taxes are not applicable to these passes. The cruise port is about 20 minutes from the hotel by taxi and the charge is around $21 for 2 passengers and each additional $3 or by bus #10 at $1.25 per person.

I also have a question about transportation.

Where do we catch the #10 Jitney to Sheraton and then

where to we catch it back to the cruise ship?

Is there a long wait for the jitney each time?

Thank you for your replies.

Is a day pass from the Sheraton required to get beach access? Or is that optional so a person would have access to the other amenities?

To access and use the beach in front of the hotels you need to purchase a day pass.

The only public part of the beach is the waterline. (from the water to the high tide mark) which is usually wet.

To access the beach you would have to trespass.

There are public beaches along the way.. not so nice, not maintained, no security and no amenities. You can ask your driver to drop you off.. but you may be very disappointed.

There's IS a public beach at Junkanoo Beach .. just outside of downtown near port.. which is free. You can rent a chair. They have concession stands, tiki bar and restrooms. Not as nice as sheraton.. but it's free.

Scubagirl........will the Sheraton accept cash to pay for our day pass as we don't like to use our credit card off ship.

Thanks!

We were there last week and yes, they take cash. They ran out of towels so we were offered day-pass at 50% off price. We were fortunate to get towels from the ship so we felt that worked out for us. Some of our friends who didn't get towel were able to pick towel for free later when they were available.

The beach is very clean, and all non-motor sport boats were free. We had awesome time.

We were there last week and yes, they take cash. They ran out of towels so we were offered day-pass at 50% off price. We were fortunate to get towels from the ship so we felt that worked out for us. Some of our friends who didn't get towel were able to pick towel for free later when they were available.

The beach is very clean, and all non-motor sport boats were free. We had awesome time.

Did you have to reserve ahead of time or can we just go when we get to Nassau?

Thanks for the info!!

Thanks for the info!!

You can only buy the day passes onsite the day you arrive only (no advance purchase). They were $30 each and we were a family of 4 so it would have been 120. Instead we booked a day room which you can do in advance through the Sheraton 800#. It was 99 for 2 people + 10 each additional so 119 total. No taxes or resort fees added so for 4 people - get the room, very nice to have it to run in and out and change.

There is a site that has advance day pass purchase but it adds a food element - I think it is 60 and you get lunch. Lunch was expensive (about 10-15 per person for most items) but I don't think the 60 pass with lunch is a good deal.

Hey Ray.....I'm not questioning you, but you should maybe contact them again. There have been a lot of posts of direct e-mails from the Sheraton which quote $30pp for a day pass or $60pp for day pass w/lunch & 2 non-alcholic drinks. Or you can rent a room for a day for $99.

Just didn't want you to get all the way over there and find out it's twice as much as you thought.

Just trying to help......:o

Thanks! It does sound like everyone is recieving very differant quotes. I called them again and spoke to someone else and they quoted $15 again... lets hope they dont change it lol

FYI - He also said its about a $28 taxi ride

Thanks! It does sound like everyone is recieving very differant quotes. I called them again and spoke to someone else and they quoted $15 again... lets hope they dont change it lol

FYI - He also said its about a $28 taxi ride

Hey Ray.....looks like you are talking about Freeport and we are talking about the Sheraton in Nassau.....:D

Thanks for the info!!

We just walked in and bought the pass. After couple of got the pass they started saying no more available. Fortunately, they sold to all our friends as we were there as a group.

You can only buy the day passes onsite the day you arrive only (no advance purchase). They were $30 each and we were a family of 4 so it would have been 120. Instead we booked a day room which you can do in advance through the Sheraton 800#. It was 99 for 2 people + 10 each additional so 119 total. No taxes or resort fees added so for 4 people - get the room, very nice to have it to run in and out and change.

There is a site that has advance day pass purchase but it adds a food element - I think it is 60 and you get lunch. Lunch was expensive (about 10-15 per person for most items) but I don't think the 60 pass with lunch is a good deal.

the pass includes the buffet or the sit down restaurant and 2 drinks. if you go with the buffet it is a good deal imo

Archived