Review of QSine on the Millennium

Toronto1970

We recently ate in Q-sine on the Silhouette. Your observations are accurate but may be somewhat too critical. I do agree that Celebrity is reaching with the $45 charge. We enjoyed the restaurant more than you, but would say a more reasonable price would be $25.

Thanks for that great blog post. I was eager to try QSine but as I keep Kosher I could not eat most of the food you ordered. I guess we will skip it on our next cruise. Thanks guys. Happy cruising

There is probably enough on the menu to eat if you are fine with "kosher-style", but definitely the best dishes on the menu are 110% treif!

(I grew up with three sets of dishes: real plates for meat, real plates for dairy, and paper plates for the pepperoni pizza and pork-fried rice. So needless to say the treif'ness of the cuisine at Qsine was not an issue for me!)

Have a good Pesach.

Thank you! Now we will know what NOT to order.

I have a silly question. I am a germaphobic.:rolleyes: I know how nasty my iPad can get when my fingers have been doing the walking. Are the iPads presented to you with a clean slate, or are hand sanitizing wipes given out after you make your menu choices? :o

Thanks for your review. I do not think I would like Quisine and its tapas like food at current prices. It is an around the world simple tapas presented in an interesting way. Somebody in this thread mentioned US 25. We might give it a try for no more than that price (service included).

My husband has just posted a review on our blog of our meal at QSine on our recent cruise on the Millennium. I'm curious to hear if others have had the same experience (amazing service, so-so food)

http://www.guyswhotravel.com/entry/qsine-on-the-celebrity-millennium

Hey Brad.

I tend to agree with your husband's perspective. I happen to much prefer Normandie or its equivilent on Millenium.

I felt the food was very average, but fun. The first time we went to Q-Sine we "tricked" into letting the waiters just start bringing things. That resulted in the group of us not having room for some of the better choices which seem to come later in the meal.

The next time we skipped the bread and a lot of the filler type choices and went right for things that we enjoyed the first time, or things we did not get to enjoy like the filet mignon..... Our experience improved greatly when we knew some of the better dishes at the end, like lamb chops etc.

I think I totally missed the build your own tacos....that is the first time I have seen that.......

There is probably enough on the menu to eat if you are fine with "kosher-style", but definitely the best dishes on the menu are 110% treif!

(I grew up with three sets of dishes: real plates for meat, real plates for dairy, and paper plates for the pepperoni pizza and pork-fried rice. So needless to say the treif'ness of the cuisine at Qsine was not an issue for me!)

Have a good Pesach.

Funny. I grew up with two sets of dishes !!! Treif was only available out of the house. Have a very happy Passover also

Agree with great experience and food presentation but food was just okay. Don't get me wrong we had a great evening with two new friends. Service was excellent and fun but not worth the extra charge of $40 - on Summit last September.

It is worth trying if you get a discount - just ask if there is likely to be any offers and leave your cabin number. More of you and you can negotiate - don't worry about not getting in. If all else fails and you really want to go you can pay $45 each.

Thank you for your honest review. You are correct in saying that $45 is a lot of money to pay per person. When my wife and I went for the first time we ordered way too much food and ended up wasting dishes towards the end. However as yourselves not being foodies but also knowing what we like we did enjoy some dishes more than others. I for one loved the crab and my wife loved the Kobe beef burgers. In the UK kobe beef has not really taken off yet so it was certainly a treat to try it.

I think for us is that we enjoyed choosing from so many cultural dishes from asian, to Mediterranean etc. I know we won't get such a diverse choice from any restaurant in Wales UK. We did enjoy the concept as well from ordering the food and the way it is presented. I think we did get a little fed up though of being told that we were 'on a food journey' and had to play along with the 'pilot' or 'waiter'. Saying that, the staff in Qsine cannot do enough for you and are extremely friendly but I'm not sure how real that was? When we went the second time they laid off the food journey concept and we could chat normally to the staff and felt that we got to see a bit more personality.

Thabi, of Zulu descent, from South Africa. She was bubbly, friendly and you could tell that she loves her job. She was probably more excited about the food then we were!

I wonder if this is the same lady who we met in the elevator one day on the Millie back in August. She was wearing her QSine uniform and we had to ask and she was so excited to tell us about the restaurant and encouraging us to come visit. But we (okay, I) won't pay $90 for a dinner. Still, sounds like the girl we met.

Totally agree with your comments. I have read all the 'rave' reviews on here about Qsine and really can't see what all the hype is about. Yes it was a fun meal, presentation was novel but the actual food was just so-so. Throw in the $45 cover charge and I think why bother - the food in the MDR is way superior.

However, each to their own.

BB

Totally agree with your comments. I have read all the 'rave' reviews on here about Qsine and really can't see what all the hype is about. Yes it was a fun meal, presentation was novel but the actual food was just so-so. Throw in the $45 cover charge and I think why bother - the food in the MDR is way superior.

BB

When we had finished our meal the staff were particularly interested in our comments - being from UK. It seems that they are having difficulty selling the concept to British cruisers - perhaps $90 a couple over the price of a meal in the MDR:rolleyes:

BB

I agree with this assessment completely. When the price is right (free), I'm happy to go, it's something different from the MDR. $45/head, no way.

I wonder if this is the same lady who we met in the elevator one day on the Millie back in August. She was wearing her QSine uniform and we had to ask and she was so excited to tell us about the restaurant and encouraging us to come visit. But we (okay, I) won't pay $90 for a dinner. Still, sounds like the girl we met.

Most probably was the same woman! Her enthusiasm for QSine was endless. She said whenever she enters into a contract with Celebrity, she demands that she work at QSine.

We have done Qsine twice and love this unique concept. We were in large groups both times so got to try more, but will say that I did not recognize more than half of the items you had compared to those I tried.

Thanks for posting your review, I wasn't aware that you could go small! I'm very happy to know this is possible as I found the portion size a little overwhelming & had ruled out going to Qsine this year but now I will definitely reconsider, but only if there is a £ deal :D

Thanks for your review. I do not think I would like Quisine and its tapas like food at current prices. It is an around the world simple tapas presented in an interesting way. Somebody in this thread mentioned US 25. We might give it a try for no more than that price (service included).

We just dined in Qsine two weeks ago. Indeed it is $45 per person and service was not included. That made it $90 plus tip (we were told by waiter that tip was not included) for an evening of tapas. Wouldn't do it again at that price.

...that the $45 upcharge for Qsine included an add'l tip for the waitstaff.

Some posts in this thread said that was not the case, that a tip was suggested over and beyond the $45 (per person).

Might someone clarify?

Much thanks

Archived