1st time on Celebrity - a few odd little question

English Jane

Good Morning!

My husband and I will be sailing on Reflection on the 6th April. We are fortunate to be Elite however, due to numerous Royal Caribbean trips. We loved all our cruises but think that this might be a better fit for us because ...

- we don't like announcements

- we don't care for nightlife (outside the cabin :D)

- we quite like fewer children around - only because I'm a Primary School headteacher - not because I don't like children!

- some of the RC entertainment (quest etc.) is just not us

But, I do have a few questions - other than the wealth of information you have all already provided - a few very little things that just add that individual 1%

- I like the RC lemonade in the Windjammer - is that in the buffet?

- What brands of tea are available and where?

- what is the jam (US - jelly) like - I LOVE my tea and toast in the morning

- Can I get toast if I breakfast in Blu (we are in AQ)

- Can I get freshly-squeezed orange in Blu?

Also, what is the story with embarkation times? I saw something about an e-mail - I haven't received one and I booked directly myself. I am staying at Hampton Inn before the cruise and had thought of a 10 am taxi - what is the latest advice?

Thank-you in advance,

Jane

:)

Hey, some answers, not to all of your questions.

1) I don't k now this lemonade, they have fruit punch in the buffet

2) tea's don't know, in al baccio, they have really nice fresh teas

3) jams are ok

4) yes you can get toast in Blu, you can get toast when ordering via your interactive tv to if you want to have breakfast on your balcony

5) yes you can get freshly squeezed orange juice in blu, also fresh made smoothies and fresh grapefruit juice

Embarkation (we were aqua class to) was no row and took 15 minutes between getting out of the cab and getting on the ship around 11 o' clock in Ft Lauderdale.

About disembarking... look to other threads about Port Everglades... ;-)

Cafe El Bacio have various teas available. Please see the link.

http://beyondships.com/files/Cafe_al_Bacio_Menu.pdf

My parents are coming with my wife and I on their first cruise in October, and only tend to drink PG Tips. I think they're better off bringing a box with them on the cruise. I tried a pot of English Breakfast tea on our last cruise on the Eclipse and it wasn't to my taste.

Hi English Jane! I am on the same sailing :)

Our cruise docs were updated with the new embarkation time (12:00 - 3:00 pm) It used to be you could board earlier but due to some government cut backs it is taking longer for the ship to clear customs and for the previous sailing's passengers to disembark.

We are staying at the Conrad and plan on heading over to the port around 11:30ish. We will enjoy a nice leisurely morning :)

We are having a Sail Away gathering - take a look at the Roll Call for our cruise and sign up :) There is also a Meet and Mingle for Cruise Critic - I think we have about 132 people signed up so far.

Safe travels over the pond and hope to see you onboard!

Blu will meet all your needs. They love to get things right for you durng breakfast. If you mention anything that you wish would to have "tweaked" - it will be made right by day 2.

I also enjoy breakfast in the MDR - but Blu is amazing.

Good Morning!

My husband and I will be sailing on Reflection on the 6th April. We are fortunate to be Elite however, due to numerous Royal Caribbean trips. We loved all our cruises but think that this might be a better fit for us because ...

- we don't like announcements

- we don't care for nightlife (outside the cabin :D)

- we quite like fewer children around - only because I'm a Primary School headteacher - not because I don't like children!

- some of the RC entertainment (quest etc.) is just not us

But, I do have a few questions - other than the wealth of information you have all already provided - a few very little things that just add that individual 1%

- I like the RC lemonade in the Windjammer - is that in the buffet?

- What brands of tea are available and where?

- what is the jam (US - jelly) like - I LOVE my tea and toast in the morning

- Can I get toast if I breakfast in Blu (we are in AQ)

- Can I get freshly-squeezed orange in Blu?

Also, what is the story with embarkation times? I saw something about an e-mail - I haven't received one and I booked directly myself. I am staying at Hampton Inn before the cruise and had thought of a 10 am taxi - what is the latest advice?

Thank-you in advance,

Jane

:)

Thanks for posting the questions Jane, we will be 1st-timers on Celebrity in October, also Elite by way of Royal Caribbean and also think Celebrity will be a better fit for many of the same reasons!

From the answers posted so far it sounds like we are in for a treat! :)

Thank-you for taking the trouble to answer.

I'll be taking my Twinnings English Breakfast Teabags with me in the hope that I can pop them in a teapot in Blu. (Was actually FORCED to buy a new dress today when I saw that the style was 'Blu'!).

I'm staying at Heathrow Tuesday then flying on Wednesday. I'll take the advice given and also book a taxi for around 11.30 on Saturday.

I keep looking at the port webcam - exciting!!'m

Blu will meet all your needs. They love to get things right for you durng breakfast. If you mention anything that you wish would to have "tweaked" - it will be made right by day 2.

I also enjoy breakfast in the MDR - but Blu is amazing.

I actually tried to get Blu on the Millenium to make poached eggs that weren't hard when they arrived for three days (and yes, I did point out on day 1 and 2 that the eggs were hard)....three failures, however they do try.

Archived