Port Everglades cam!

VallyD

Whos that? lol :o

Great guys who make the webcam sailaways possible.:)

Check this site and scroll all the way to the bottom. You see in Yellow highlighted: Request a Wave. Click on that, and then you get a form where you can tell Dave & Lou where you will be. If possible they will look for you during the sailaway and zoom in on you. Way cool! Also, you can watch the video when you get back, and they even make photos if they are able to zoom in on you. You can order those, I have some, they are quite good.

When you click on that link, you will see at the top of the screen a photo of a building with an arrow pointing at it. That is where the webcam is and where you should wave.

This is the direct link:

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

This is the Port evergaldes webcam site:

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Good luck! Let us know if you requested a wave? A bunch of us Addicts will be watching during sailaway! :D

Wow, I didn't know about the waves and such, I've just requested a wave for my sailaway on the Maasdam April 1st, I'll try to be on the bow of the ship and will have a Quebec Flag with me. Anyone experienced here could tell me exactly at what time we usually see the building mentioned about if we sail at 4pm...

Wow, I didn't know about the waves and such, I've just requested a wave for my sailaway on the Maasdam April 1st, I'll try to be on the bow of the ship and will have a Quebec Flag with me. Anyone experienced here could tell me exactly at what time we usually see the building mentioned about if we sail at 4pm...

I don't think it takes very long. Certainly within 10 minutes, and probably less, of leaving the pier. The biggest issue is sailing on-time. Doing so is highly dependent on harbor traffic and all passengers being on board, all cargo being loaded, etc. It is not unusual for ships to leave as much as 1 hour later than scheduled. Just get to your wave location as soon as the ship leaves the pier and you'll find you won't be waiting long before you see the condo that the camera is in.

Thanks for the infos, so leaving on schedule is rare at Port Everglades, didn't know about this, I would hate to see we are late on departure cause usually that means on 1 of our port we will have less time to enjoy the place. But hey, 1hr late on one of the best ship isn't the end of the world, it would be if I was stuck in traffic jam without A/C on a 104°F heat wave...

I have not seen many Holland America ships allow passenger access to the bow on sailing-out of Port Everglades. Balcony, Promenade and aft pool are popular. Camera is Port Side and located on the first second floor balconies of the condos right before you leave the harbor and the beach to open water.

Watch a couple of live sail-away broadcast before you go.

Note: being an hour late on a departure does not necessarily mean being late next port of call. The Captain will adjust in most cases.

I have not seen many Holland America ships allow passenger access to the bow on sailing-out of Port Everglades. Balcony, Promenade and aft pool are popular. Camera is Port Side and located on the first second floor balconies of the condos right before you leave the harbor and the beach to open water.

Watch a couple of live sail-away broadcast before you go.

Note: being an hour late on a departure does not necessarily mean being late next port of call. The Captain will adjust in most cases.

For the bow of the ship, I've read it was open on the Maasdam, perhaps I've missed something about that, otherwise I'll get to the aft pool, I didn't think about this location at all, I'll have a Quebec Flag so easy to spot, if the bow isn't open to the public, I'll be in the aft pool location for sure...

I'll try to watch some sailaway today, but since I'm flying tomorrow I won't see a lot of them... I'Ll check youtube for sailaway of the maasdam but there don't seem to be a lot of them for the Maasdam at least.

For the bow of the ship, I've read it was open on the Maasdam, perhaps I've missed something about that, otherwise I'll get to the aft pool, I didn't think about this location at all, I'll have a Quebec Flag so easy to spot, if the bow isn't open to the public, I'll be in the aft pool location for sure...

I'll try to watch some sailaway today, but since I'm flying tomorrow I won't see a lot of them... I'Ll check youtube for sailaway of the maasdam but there don't seem to be a lot of them for the Maasdam at least.

You can go directly to the Inlet Photos and check out the sailaways.

http://www.inletphotos.com/Sail-AwayVideos/Holland-America-Lines-Sail

Does anyone have a picture of the condo where the webcam is actually located?

Thanks for the infos, so leaving on schedule is rare at Port Everglades, didn't know about this, I would hate to see we are late on departure cause usually that means on 1 of our port we will have less time to enjoy the place. But hey, 1hr late on one of the best ship isn't the end of the world, it would be if I was stuck in traffic jam without A/C on a 104°F heat wave...

We've sailed out of Port Everglades on time or even a few minutes early far more times than we have left late...... we've sailed out of Port Everglades on HAL ships a great many times. :)

After looking at some sailaway videos, I'M not sure if the bow on the Maasdam is always open for the sailaway, or perhaps its restricted because I don't see many people there, is this a place reserved for employees or something and only open to public on special occasions ??? Or the view from there isn't that great and people prefer higher position on the ship for sailaway...

Sometimes the bow is open and sometimes not.

If it interests you to be there for sailaway, worth a try to see if it is open.

Easy to get to. Everything is easy to get to on the beautiful Maasdam. :)

It is Not a Crew Only area but is not always open.

We go and visit Maasdam's Bell on the bow every cruise. :)

Just went through the pics I saved of my Mom's sailaway on Maasdam last year. There was nobody I could see on the bow. They do zoom in really close to people, so I'll be sure to request a wave from our balcony when we sail out on Noordam next year.

I'll try to find the doors to the bow and see if they are open for the sailaway, weather indicate overcast and scattered showers for monday in Ft Lauderdale, its not a problem for me since I know usually they last around 30 minutes, but I need to go shopping at Publix before boarding the ship, just hope I'll not be soaked wet before arriving at the pier...

Directions on how to get to bow on Maasdam:

Go all the way forward to show lounge, main level where stage is.

On Starboard side, go all the way to rear of Show Lounge.

See double doors, push..... if they are open.

Watch your step as there is a high step. Go through and you will be at bow. :)

Directions on how to get to bow on Maasdam:

Go all the way forward to show lounge, main level where stage is.

On Starboard side, go all the way to rear of Show Lounge.

See double doors, push..... if they are open.

Watch your step as there is a high step. Go through and you will be at bow. :)

Thanks, will see if the doors are open, looks like an amazing spot for sailawy if its open...

Archived