Flying back from San Juan

daijayx2

Hello all. I have searched but was unable to come up with an answer.

I have my passport but my girlfriend hasn't got hers yet and were not sure if she will by the time we go on our cruise.

We want to so the Conquest Repo the first leg and fly back from San Juan. We will originally leave from New Orleans. Will she need a passport for that sailing?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hello all. I have searched but was unable to come up with an answer.

I have my passport but my girlfriend hasn't got hers yet and were not sure if she will by the time we go on our cruise.

We want to so the Conquest Repo the first leg and fly back from San Juan. We will originally leave from New Orleans. Will she need a passport for that sailing?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

If you are US residents, you don't need a passport for San Juan - Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. Enjoy Old San Juan - it is fantastic!

If you are US residents, you don't need a passport for San Juan - Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. Enjoy Old San Juan - it is fantastic!

And it will be okay of we begin our cruise from New Orleans? I know cruising from San Juan and returning to San Juan is ok without a passport but is it ok to cruise from Nola and debark in San Juan?

And it will be okay of we begin our cruise from New Orleans? I know cruising from San Juan and returning to San Juan is ok without a passport but is it ok to cruise from Nola and debark in San Juan?

As I posted above, for that itinerary you will have to have a passport. See the second paragraph of this page from the CBP https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1139/~/documents-needed-to-take-a-cruise. Your cruise does not fit in the closed loop exception.

That is correct. My DH has been from Houston to Puerto Rico multiple times without a passport. PR is a territory and their residents are US citizens too.

Guys stop telling him he doesn't need a passport. Yes San Juan is part of the US and it would be all right if he's flying there, but he's not. Instead he's cruising there on a one-way cruise, not a closed loop, so he has to have a passport.

As I posted above, for that itinerary you will have to have a passport. See the second paragraph of this page from the CBP https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1139/~/documents-needed-to-take-a-cruise. Your cruise does not fit in the closed loop exception.

Thank you for this link n that sums it up. Time to get on the passport ASAP!

If your flying home from San Juan, please remember to go through Department of Agriculture with your bags before you check in. They will put an orange sticker on all your bags. Many people don't know this or forget to and will wait in a long line to check in and then find out they must go do that first then start all over in the back of line.

I think you need to call Carnival and talk to someone who knows there, they are probably the ones who could tell you.

After thinking about it, you probably will be asked for a passport when you disembark in San Juan, just as if you were entering the US after being abroad, since when you left NOLA you left the United States.

Archived