!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking us on your Silhouette cruise! I had my doubts about wanting to sail Celebrity, but you and Chris have won me over!!

Now if only they would do something about that terrible debarking situation...:rolleyes:

I enjoyed your review from beginning to end. You are very clear when giving your personal opinion, and you let us experience a ship through your eyes. I will try the S class soon, for sure.

I loved the Allure, and am going on the Oasis for the 4th time in May then the 5th time in Nov.

I don't think there is any way to truly compare Oasis class with other cruise ships. I am glad that Oasis was not my first cruise. I was so content to sail on mid size ships and enjoy the Ocean Blue, now I love the super class for its diverse pleasures.,but that closeness with the ocean is lost.. I am glad that I have a choice!

I save all my pennys and clip coupons like crazy because I love to cruise!

One last thing, it is very hard to travel to places that look like paradise and see poverty. Buying some small object from the locals doesn't do much. We tip as much as we can,and take cash with us to show appreciation here and there. Haiti is still in such a mess. I hope the cruise lines use the profits we help them generate to aid those in need. Ty Gambee.

Edited by FTLAUDER

Gambee thank you so much for your time and effort for both the Celebrity review and the Allure review. I enjoyed both so much. I agree that Allure is so amazing and I wonder if we will find another ship that will match it (Quantum?). I think Celebrity will be a great product to try for my husband and I to either Alaska or Europe. We will stick to family cruising and Caribbean cruising in general on newer RCCL ships or perhaps maybe NCL Breakaway. Our family is anxiously waiting your review on this new ship. It may indeed be our next family vacation this summer. Have an amazing cruise on the Breakaway!!! I know I will be hearing from you soon.:D

Agreed- I actually suggested this a few pages back. If everyone who read even a portion of Gambee's review sent him a tip, just a few bucks, it should fund the next cruise!

Gambee, thank you again for the time and effort you put into this. It is greatly appreciated!

I'm sure you are not serious but we really need to be careful not to cross the line into reviews for commercial gain. Someone had suggested that X reimburse Bugsy for his live review also.

I would not want to think that any of us are being reimbursed for our time. That is what makes CC so helpful (vs many travel bloggers who do receive compensation and/or free trips in exchange for their "reviews"). We are simply sharing our own observations and experiences.

Thanks Gambee for the fabulous review. I think we have made out decision on our cruise for Feb 2014. We have only sailed one other Celebrity ship and that was the Summit . Do you know if Celebrity had a bags program. He have used it on NCL and loved it. Put our bags out the night before and then see them again in Boston.

Some Celebrity ships offer the Luggage Valet but not all of them. We were on the Silhouette 3 weeks ago and they did not have it:confused::confused::confused:. Maybe by the time you sail they will have it!

I'm sure you are not serious but we really need to be careful not to cross the line into reviews for commercial gain. Someone had suggested that X reimburse Bugsy for his live review also.

I would not want to think that any of us are being reimbursed for our time. That is what makes CC so helpful (vs many travel bloggers who do receive compensation and/or free trips in exchange for their "reviews"). We are simply sharing our own observations and experiences.

Sandi I remember that as well. I was happy to find out Celebrity was following my review but I would never expect any kind of compensation from them. I just loved doing the review... it's hard work but well worth it in my opinion. Gambee's is even more spectacular because of the monumental effort he put into it.

Sandi I remember that as well. I was happy to find out Celebrity was following my review but I would never expect any kind of compensation from them. I just loved doing the review... it's hard work but well worth it in my opinion. Gambee's is even more spectacular because of the monumental effort he put into it.

Chris, I hope you don't think I was implying that you or Gambee were "for sale". We all joke that we'd like a free cruise but I'm sure you wouldn't expect that or seek it out! (Dinner with the Captain would be nice tho. ;))

Edited by librarylady19

Chris, I hope you don't think I was implying that you or Gambee were "for sale". We all joke that we'd like a free cruise but I'm sure you wouldn't expect that or seek it out! (Dinner with the Captain would be nice tho. ;))

Nope never thought that :) Besides my asking price is waaaaay too high :D ;)

Hi Gambee, Here's a video we took last year that you will enjoy. It's the bartender at the Martini Bar on the Solstice pouring 3 flights (18 glasses) of martinis. Once he had all of the shakers ready he had to stand on a stool to pour. Everyone of them came out perfectly.

Thank you again for taking the time to entertain all of us. :)

Sue

Hi Gambee,

I have what may be a silly question for you re your photogrpahy. I have recently purchased a camear & will be taking a short course soon, but... with your images, it is a matter of knowing which mode to select for them to come outt he way they are OR do you take a pic & then play around with editing software? IF so, which do you use?

Many thanks again for your time & the review!

Thanks Gambee for the most excellent review! I, like the others, am so sad it's ending.

We're sailing on the Silhouette next March and can't wait! I had no idea this ship had so many features! So glad we have the premium package - we're going to hit that martini bar several times :)

Thanks again - I know this was very time consuming. Can't wait until the next review!!

Debbie

I was totally serious- I think it would be nice if everyone (I mean regular people, not the cruise line) who enjoyed the thread, and wanted to, could send him a few bucks. I think it would be great if he set up his own photo website, with photos and reviews, with a paypal account or something attached to it- why shouldn't he? Not a requirement, but just, if people are inclined, they can contribute to the expenses incurred in writing such a review.

Gambee clearly does not do this for financial gain and has spent an inordinately large amount of time and money on his photos, equipment, and reviews. He is a far cry from a paid travel blogger. And his reviews are not the average cruise critic review- 70 pages and thousands of followers? I stand by my comments!

Edited by micmacmissy
typo

It is an absolute shame Gambee that you got bad weather at Rose Hall, we had a fantastic time there when we visited.

I see you also had the same cruise director that we had on the Equinox, mad as a hatter and loved her morning films (stealing the jewellery or falling off the running machines)

I also hear that you maybe doing an NCL Breakaway review - is this right? We're getting on the 30th April for the latitutes lunch to have a peak but only get an hour to get as many pictures as we can and was hoping you were going to thrill us.

Awesome review Gambee! Love your photos and all the details you provided. I booked the Allure after following your review and last week booked the Reflection. Question about Rose Hall

How far was the bus from the ship?

Was the pick up inside the gate? I'll be on the Oasis next month and look forward to reading all about your Break. Away cruise when I return.

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gambee.....excellent review! I think you should save your money from going on the Carnival Breeze...after seeing your two big time reviews, I think you will be dissapointed by Carnival. Their specialty restaurant and bars just don't do justice to the Allure or Silly.

Your interior pictures were amazing. I am wondering what ISO setting you used MOST of the time for interior shots in the restaurants and bars? Thanks a lot for a great review!

Lazy river

DSC00948_zpsad1db9d5.jpg

We stayed in the tub for sometime, but soon enough we were both intrigued about the area and decided to go on the lazy river for a little while. Yes it was still raining.

DSC00953_zpseca1ac57.jpg

We got our donuts (I really don't know what to call them)

DSC00954_zps589283cd.jpg

And we were on our way.

DSC00960_zps809a54be.jpg

We passed by our camp ground

DSC00968_zps74995307.jpg

DSC00976_zps26211772.jpg

The lazy river goes around the hot tubs so you can stay there and get out and go in the river very easily, I did that several times in the day to heat up. The river takes about 4 minutes to complete, it is not a very long one, but you can stay there as long as you like and go around and around, I did that as well.

Loved this place, it was the highlight of our cruise last week.

Hi Angelo.....sorry we never met on the cruise:(.....or if we did?

I don't recall:eek:.....hope you and your family had a good time too:)

Would it be good for a couple without kids? I'm not into waterslides but the lazy river looks nice. Having a hard time finding something appealing in Jamaica. I'd like something a bit active - bit no zip lines, bobsleds or waterfalls !!

Would it be good for a couple without kids? I'm not into waterslides but the lazy river looks nice. Having a hard time finding something appealing in Jamaica. I'd like something a bit active - bit no zip lines, bobsleds or waterfalls !!

When we sail to Jamaica, it is a good day to stay on board and enjoy the ship. We have never had a really good experience on the Island- Hope that you find something appealing and safe- maybe you will have better luck then my DH and I.

Amazing job!

I looked forward to reading it everyday and I am sad that its over ......So I ordered some Thai food and a movie and sent it to your house. I expect a full review of both by 9am tomorrow..... with Pictures!!! :D

Edited by shaun07