Caribbean Princess 6/4-6/11... Yet another review

GoJackets24

This was my 4th Princess Cruise and my 2nd to the Western Caribbean. We stayed in Riveria 206.

Embarkation: We arrived about 10:30 from Atlanta. We bought transfers through Princess, so we had to wait to get to the ship. The buses did not start arriving at the airport until about 11:45. By the time we arrived at the pier it was after 12 and the line was wrapped around the building. The line moved pretty quickly and we were on the boat a little after 1. In the future I don't think I purchase the transfers through Princess. I have a feeling a taxi would be cheaper and quicker.

Ports:

Princess Cays: The weather was awesome. There were way too many flies at the barbeque, but the fruit was really good. We relaxed on the beach most of the day.

Montego Bay: We booked the morning Doctor's Cave Beach and Snorkel. The weather was great. The snorkeling was quite good. The reef was nice with lots of colorful fish. The water was clear and calm, and we were given ample time to see everything. After snorkeling, we were given about an hour and a half at the beach. We walked about 3 minutes down the road to Jimmy Buffet's. We bought some cute T-Shirts and headed back to the beach. Overall this excursion was an A+. The shopping around the pier was not good.

Grand Cayman: We didn't book any excursions here, so we headed to town to shop. There were 4 ships in port, and the town was very crowded. It also rained off and on most of the day.

Cozumel: We booked Fury's Catamaran for a beach and snorkel excursion. This was also a good excursion. The current was pretty strong, and the snorkeling wasn't as good as in Jamaica. There were way too many people in a very small space to snorkel. We all kept bumping into one another. The beach was pretty nice, and way too many people took advantage of the unlimited booze. Of course half the fun on the way back to the ship was watching all the drunks make fools out of themselves.:) The photographer on the ship made some really awesome pictures...better than any they took on Princess. We bought all 4. There is a nice shpping area right off the pier.

While in Ron Jon's Surf Shop a lady walked in a asked if they sold Hard Rock shirts....duhhhh! We cracked up.:rolleyes:

Food: The food on a cruise is never disappointing to me. Of course, I could live on the Pina Coladas, Princess Love Boat Dreams, and the chocolate cookies alone. We ate in the Caribe Cafe one night. It was a nice dining option to have.

Entertainment:

Piano Man- Very good...a must see.

Caribbean Caliente- Good music...kinda long. I have to admit I slept through a little of it...not b/c it was bad, but I was tired.

Troy Thirdgill- Best comedian I saw on the ship. "I gotta go to laundry" bits were hilarous.

Disembarkation: We got off the boat about 9:30. We then got to sit in a bus for 25 minutes waiting to go to the airport.

Overall: The cruise wasn't the best I have ever taken, but I think the weather had something to do with that. Of course the minute I left the boat I was ready to get back on. I put down my $100 for a future booking before I left, so I guess I will be cruising again next summer.

Feel free to ask any questions!

JD

Archived