"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Hello everyone. . .The WiFi connections have been terrible. They are so bad, thatI am unable to connect with WiFi. . . .Argh. . .@#$%&

The WiFi Charges increased alot, so I would have thought that the connections would be better. I am currently posting "LIVE" from the Royal Caribbean On Line (Internet Cafe) on Deck 8, but it is very slow (a lumbering hippo), and I will be unable to post any pics until the wireless gets running again.

I am hoping it will get fixed later this afternoon. There are many passengers that are having the same issues as I am. I need to stay calm. . .relax. . .watch some news. . .think happy thoughts and it will all work out.

Thanks for tuning in. . . I have many more pics to share (hopefully soon)

Radio

;);)

Wow. I was on the Explorer a few weeks ago and the wifi was pretty good every day. I connected in the Cafe Promenade every day.

Radio is doing spectacular work as always, and I hope the wifi won't pose many additional issues.........

I'll be on the EOS in July to Bermuda & the Caribbean. Radio, if you or anyone has info about golf in Bermuda I would CERTAINLY appreciate it:D:D:D:D

Thanks in advance

So glad to be on another cruise with you, Radio! Congrats on the awesome upgrade. It was about time for someone who does so much free advertising for RCL ;)

We really enjoyed Explorer in December, and Bermuda is high on our list for a next cruise.

I'll be following along...

This is my first time following along to a LIVE post by Radio, and it's a blast already. I'm excited myself for the upgrade, well, just hearing about it, and its not even mine! Sounds like you earned it after how many dozens of cruises!

Looking forward to the pics!!

*My original post this morning should have been “LIVE” at 8:30AM, but there was no connection so let’s try this again. . . From the Crown and Kettle Pub*

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 2 of “LIVE” from Explorer of the Seas.

I slept really good last night . . .I wasn’t able to watch the news until about 10:30PM (oh, the humanity), but I really needed to rest. I went up to the Concierge Lounge very early this morning, and I was shocked to find that there is no Half and Half. . .I’m not really sure why there is half and half in the suites, but not in the CL, since most of the passengers there are in Suites. I know, I know. . .”Radio stop being lazy, and just take some down with you” point taken . . .Ok, enough of this palaver.

The connections for WiFi have been very difficult for this sailing. . .I seem to remember last time I sailed on Explorer that being able to connect was tough for the first couple of days. . . Argh . . .I hope it gets better soon. Maybe I will have better luck while I’m in Bermuda.

The Captain for this sailing is Henrik Loy (Norway), and the Cruise Director is Leigh Xuereb (Australia) The CD seems to be a nice guy, and is very funny. He just boarded yesterday after a long holiday at home.

The weather today is similar to yesterday, with sunny skies but a little cool. . .The temps should only be in the 50’s, but it seems much colder because of the wind. The seas this morning seem moderate, and the ship is sailing smoothly with little roll or pitch. There are clouds in the sky but the sun is coming through nicely, and it appears that this may last for the day.

I went to the Spa this morning and had a nice soak in the whirlpool after a brutal workout. . .Then I woke up from my dream and got some coffee from the CL. The Bermuda Port talk will be this morning at 10:15, and there will be a Production Show “Invitation to Dance”.

The Ice shows “Spirit of the Seasons” will also be throughout the day, and are handled a little different than I remember. You don’t get tickets for the show any longer as the Ice Show times are based on your muster station location . . . Ex: Monday at 2PM for Muster A1, B5, B6. Monday at 4 for Muster B7 C16 etc . . . I guess this makes sense, so all passengers will have a chance to see all 4 shows. Gold SeaPass card will be able to see any of the shows.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .More tonight (keep fingers crossed)

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The Connoisseur Club on Deck 5

B1.JPG

It is nice to see a bright sky while at sea

B2.JPG

The seas are not bad, and seem pretty smooth

B3.JPG

The Lido deck is very quiet this morning

B6.JPG

I wish RCI would stop using my image when they advertise Ionithermie in the Spa onboard. . .

B5.JPG

Our current location, (about 300nm from Bermuda)

MAPM1.jpg

A7.JPG

Was this pic taken from northbound 440?? DH will be riding our motorcycle to the ship for our motorcycle cruise. He will be coming up from Staten Island.

Congrats on the upgrade. Woo Hoo!!!!

Enjoy your cruise, I will follow along:) It's like 2 cruises for the price of one:D

I would like to know how he takes this pictures and drives! :D

Hey Radio!! I think we must have passed you as we got off the ship, we just finished our cruise on Explorer on Sunday.

It is sunny and warm here in NJ so I hope that translates to warm weather for you out at sea. If you see Janet (one of the headwaiters in the morning and lunch MDR) tell her that Oliver's mom said hello, and if you happen to have Sid for a waiter (table 338) tell him that we miss him terribly. :cool: They took great care of us last week, dealing with my son's special diet and behavior issues. Friendliest staff around.

I know the Captain left for vacation, and Richard Spacey also left when we did - who took over?

I'll be following along, so great to be able to "visit" the ship so soon after getting off!! :D

I can't believe that they are doing "Invitation to Dance" on this ship too. I can't stand the show. It needs needs to be retired.:rolleyes: OK, off of my rant...

It seems that the chair hogs have not staked out their claim yet for when the weather does turn warm.;):p

The Captain for this sailing is Henrik Loy (Norway), and the Cruise Director is Leigh Xuereb (Australia) The CD seems to be a nice guy, and is very funny. He just boarded yesterday after a long holiday at home.

Really enjoying your report :)

Can't wait to board on 4/18!

Who is the concierge this voyage?

Thanks,

Jane

Mark, I'm looking forward to a photo of your new "Office". You should have a much bigger desk on deck than previous cruises.

Enjoying you report, as always. We also sail down that way next month, so I'm eager to read all about your Bermuda adventure.

Hi,

your pictures are great. It is nice that RCCL gave you your own cruise. I see no passengers in the pics and so just wondering how nice it would be to have a whole ship and crew at your disposal!! Either that or you are great at photoshopping!

Thank you for this thread! I just got off this ship on Sunday morning, and I am having withdrawel. Your live report is helping me cope. I think all of us who were recently on the Explorer want to know who your waiter and assistant waiter are. The suspense is killing me lol.

I can't believe that they are doing "Invitation to Dance" on this ship too. I can't stand the show. It needs needs to be retired.:rolleyes: OK, off of my rant...

;):p

I'm with you on this one.

glad to hear of your upgrade, but as others have said, your reports are priceless and RCCL should actually be comping you for your work on your vacation

love your posts.....can't wait for you to get to Bermuda. we were there last August on Enchantment, but my photo's compared to what you will post are of no comparison......I may just have to copy one or two for screen savers?????

have a great cruise

Joan

I’m sorry you are having connection issues. We were on a B2B this January that turned into a B2B2B since the weather dumped 36 inches of snow just before the end on the second cruise. I had a lot of issues with connecting in the promenade. Sometimes it would eventually connect, sometimes not. There were times when the whole system would be down, even the internet café. I did see people working on it(as in, fixing it). I had the most success in the VCL.

My DW had good success connecting with her IPAD, at least when the system was working. My own machine is windows 7, and I use Outlook for email. The speed was just fine, and DW uses Facebook for hers. We did not buy any more time, our 90 minute allocation was plenty for us.

I cannot use the ship computers for email (webmail), I have had certificate issues with connecting from them. In the past, I found webmail from my own device to be painfully slow. I imagine there are other software packages that works as well as Outlook has worked for me.

is there a roped off place on deck for gold pass holders? also have you dined in portofinos for breakfast? great report so far , Enjoy the cruise...B

Unless things have changed since last year, there is a roped off section directly across from the pool band. It's the loungers going up the steps towards the Bar on deck 12.

Hi,

your pictures are great. It is nice that RCCL gave you your own cruise. I see no passengers in the pics and so just wondering how nice it would be to have a whole ship and crew at your disposal!! Either that or you are great at photoshopping!

I believe that Mark gets up quite early in the morning to get a lot of these passengerless pics ;)

Archived