Sagrada Familia Tickets?

cynbar

We just became "friends" of the Sagrada via an annual membership. For anyone planning to tour and possibly purchase the add-ons, this is a decent deal.

Regular fees per person are:

13,50 Admission

4,50 Lift/elevator ticket (per tower)

4,50 Audio Guide

However, an annual family membership is only 38,00 per year. For everyone you include in your online enrollment, you get free admission to the Sagrada, free lift tickets, 50% off audio guides, 50% off guided tours, 10% off gift shop purchases, and free admission to the Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell.

An email inquiry before purchasing confirmed that - most importantly, no queuing in line, no reservation time needed. You walk up, show your membership receipt and walk in.

The website link is http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php Click on the blue Online Registration bar. After completing our enrollment, we received an email with our membership paperwork as a .pdf.

~ Sheryl

Thanks for the tip. Great info!

The membership website said you were only suppose to sign up immediate family on the membership. The two guest passes can be used by anyone at any time, but have to be converted to timed entry tickets either online or by telephone.

Thanks for the information. We're still 17 months out bhut trying to pick up on all the money saving ideas I can between now & then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi again Sheryl,

Did you have to bring your passports with you as ID to use the family admission ticket?

In general, I prefer not to carry all of our passports on us as we walk around Barcelona, but want to be sure we have no issues with the entry pass. So if we need them, we will bring them along.

Also, did I understand that they mailed the pass to you at your US address?

Anything else we would need to bring besides the pass (and/or passports) for entry?

Many thanks for this great suggestion-

Erin

Hi again Sheryl,

Did you have to bring your passports with you as ID to use the family admission ticket?

In general, I prefer not to carry all of our passports on us as we walk around Barcelona, but want to be sure we have no issues with the entry pass. So if we need them, we will bring them along.

Also, did I understand that they mailed the pass to you at your US address?

Anything else we would need to bring besides the pass (and/or passports) for entry?

Many thanks for this great suggestion-

Erin

Hi, Erin:

They never asked us for any kind of identification. However, when you sign up they will ask for your passport numbers. We don't carry our actual passports with us but we do carry a color photo copy.

Yes, they mailed the packet to our house here in the U.S. Only took a couple of weeks. The packet includes your cards (size, shape like a credit card - bright red that matches the entrance sign for members at the Sagrada), two paper vouchers to be redeemed for others, and a letter outlining your benefits.

The only thing we needed besides our cards was 4,50 euro to use the 50% off offer for the audio guides. It's a truly great deal. :)

~ Sheryl

Hi, Erin:

They never asked us for any kind of identification. However, when you sign up they will ask for your passport numbers. We don't carry our actual passports with us but we do carry a color photo copy.

Yes, they mailed the packet to our house here in the U.S. Only took a couple of weeks. The packet includes your cards (size, shape like a credit card - bright red that matches the entrance sign for members at the Sagrada), two paper vouchers to be redeemed for others, and a letter outlining your benefits.

The only thing we needed besides our cards was 4,50 euro to use the 50% off offer for the audio guides. It's a truly great deal. :)

~ Sheryl

Fabulous! Thank you, Sheryl.

We have 5 in the family. I'll have to see if the pass will include 5 of us- if not, maybe we buy two. I think it would still be a better deal.

Fabulous! Thank you, Sheryl.

We have 5 in the family. I'll have to see if the pass will include 5 of us- if not, maybe we buy two. I think it would still be a better deal.

The family pass only allows 4 people in total. These people have to be husband or wife, parent or child under 25. You have to name the other 3 when you register.

As you will have 2 free guest tickets you can use one of these for your 5th family member

Hi Carol,

You are full of information, and I thank you.

I have been to beautiful Barcelona before and so my day off the ship is very specific.

I want to go to see Sagrada Familia , for which I have purchased a family membership in order to avoid the line. Then I would like to go back to Parc Guell and finally, stroll down Las Ramblas. I was wondering if you could advise me as to how I could get from the ship to all points and back to the ship. Taxis? and do you have any idea about how much they will cost?

Thanks so much for any help.

Gail

Hi Carol,

You are full of information, and I thank you.

I have been to beautiful Barcelona before and so my day off the ship is very specific.

I want to go to see Sagrada Familia , for which I have purchased a family membership in order to avoid the line. Then I would like to go back to Parc Guell and finally, stroll down Las Ramblas. I was wondering if you could advise me as to how I could get from the ship to all points and back to the ship. Taxis? and do you have any idea about how much they will cost?

Thanks so much for any help.

Gail

Approximate taxi costs (depends on day of week and traffic)

1. Ship to Sagrada Familia : €16-18

2. Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell : €8-10

3. Parc Guell to Plaça Catalunya/top of Las Ramblas : €8-10

4. Walk down Las Ramblas

5. Bottom of Las Ramblas to ship : €10-12

Total taxi fares €42-50

Alternative transport ideas

1. Port shuttle bus to Columbus Monument (€3 pp return) / walk to Parallel metro (10-12 minutes) / metro to Sagrada Familia (€2 pp) – total €5 per person

2. Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell, I would do by taxi as it is a long uphill walk from the metro station – for 2 people €5 pp

3. Walk to Vallcarca metro (8-10 minutes) / metro to Plaça Catalunya (€2 pp)

4. Walk down Las Ramblas to Columbus Monument

5. Port shuttle bus back to ship (€0 if you bought a return)

Total cost €12 per person

This would mean 2 metro journeys so unless there are more than four of you it is not worth buying a T10 ticket.

Apart from the port shuttle bus, all this could be done on a HoHo bus for €26 per person (€23.40 if you buy in advance online)

Can anyone help me for the friends registration. I went to the web site and tried to purchased but the screen just kept coming back. I am assuming the DNi/Nif/Pass is the passport number. I have entered that in several times but I cannot get past this screen. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

you did the drop down box and did pass and then entered the number then you did the fee type and picked your membership..individual or family or whatever else is there and then i think i picked the only answer inexistent for the next drop down.

i had tons of problems also, and dont understand spanish, but i did get through it and now im waiting for my card in the mail but the receipt says that you can use it instead of the card if i dont get it in time.

Can anyone help me for the friends registration. I went to the web site and tried to purchased but the screen just kept coming back. I am assuming the DNi/Nif/Pass is the passport number. I have entered that in several times but I cannot get past this screen. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you were using the English language version of the registration, be aware that there is a mis-translation from the Spanish on the 4th line (after postcode/city). It says 'Country' - it should be 'Province' - in the case of US that would be your state

For your country (País), from the drop down, for USA, you need Estats Units

Also, for date of birth, don't forget in Europe we use the format dd/mm/yyyy

The fee types in the drop down box are

ESTUDIANT = Student

FAMILIAR = Family

INDIVIDUAL = Individual

JUBILAT = Retired

Let me know if you are still having problems

Thanks for all the help. I just finished the online registration. I was not putting in the date of birth correctly. We are sailing on the Royal Princess in September and staying in Barcelona at the end of the cruise and La Sagrade Familia is on the top of our list of things to see. Thanks again.

The two guest passes can be used by anyone at any time, but have to be converted to timed entry tickets either online or by telephone.

How do you convert these to timed entry tickets online?

Second, how would it work if I have a Friends of Sagrada family pass for 4, then using a guest pass for our 5th family member? I get the impression that the entry for the timed passes is a little different than the entry for the Friends membership, since the Friends membership doesn't have any reservation time (and possibly a separate entrance).

Am trying to figure out if it is more complicated for a family of 5 to have 4 on the Friends pass and 1 with the timed entry. Would like to save the money, but maybe it's easier just to get 5 timed passes?

Has anyone tried converting the guest pass online and had luck combining it with the Family pass?

Second, how would it work if I have a Friends of Sagrada family pass for 4, then using a guest pass for our 5th family member? I get the impression that the entry for the timed passes is a little different than the entry for the Friends membership, since the Friends membership doesn't have any reservation time (and possibly a separate entrance).

Am trying to figure out if it is more complicated for a family of 5 to have 4 on the Friends pass and 1 with the timed entry. Would like to save the money, but maybe it's easier just to get 5 timed passes?

Has anyone tried converting the guest pass online and had luck combining it with the Family pass?

Try emailing them and ask how you manage this.

amics@sagradafamilia.org

Hi Carol,

I want to thank you so much for all the information you have posted regarding Barcelona and the links you included. This will be my family's first time in Barcelona and I appreciate all the great information that will make our time more enjoyable.

We just got back from our vacation that included Barcelona, and we used two Family cards along with two guest passes to get in to the Sagrada Familia. We attempted to validate the guest passes by phone but could not get through so just showed up at the gate (bypassing a very long line). The admission clerk was very helpful and let us the four of us in even though we had not validated the guest passes.

Securing Sagrada Familia Family cards was one of the better things we did in Barcelona, it was well worth the cost to skip the line. And we did not even remember we got a 10% gift shop discount when buying a book and some other items.

I just want to reiterate that it's not necessary to buy a family pass to skip the long lines. If you buy your tickets online, there is a separate entrance to the right and you'll walk right in. It's true you get a ticket timed to a 1 hr window, but it worked fine for us. The Family Card isn't right for everyone.

We just converted our guest passes to timed tickets. Just follow the instructions that come with the Friends of Sagrada pass. One voucher went through with no problem, the other we could not get to go through so we emailed the Sagrada and they are leaving a timed ticket for us at the entrance. Emailing the Sagrada was easy and they usually answered by the next day.

We just got back from our cruise. I prebooked our tickets through ticketmaster. You will be able to pick a time slot with a 1 hour window of arriving. The lines were very long so I'm so glad we prebooked., we walked right in. We booked the audio guides which were great. Any other questions, let me know

I really want to buy our tickets for the Sagrada Familia in advance, but I'm having a hard time picking the right source. One source, Ticket Bar, seems to say that you pick morning or afternoon, but the exact timeslot is not given until after your reservation. This makes me a little nervous ----- does anyone know of a source where you can choose your own timeslot? I also went to Viator, where they are selling 1 hr guided tours at 3 pm --- has anyone done this? All advice of how others have handled this will be appreciated.

The family pass only allows 4 people in total. These people have to be husband or wife, parent or child under 25. You have to name the other 3 when you register.

As you will have 2 free guest tickets you can use one of these for your 5th family member

Website says children under 18.

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsTarifes.php

Here is the result of my becoming a friend of Sagrada Familia:

I bought the family pass online for 38 euros. I put myself, my husband, and my two children on the pass. One of my kids is over 18, but under 25, and the system accepted his birth date without a problem. My other son is not 18 yet.

I purposely did not give my home address when I applied. It was not required and since I am leaving in a couple of weeks, I did not want to wait for a membership card to be mailed. A very helpful lady named Isabel emailed me and asked if I would like to pick up my cards at the basilica. I asked her about the two free tickets and she arranged for me to pick them up at the church on the day we arrive. I will use these tickets for other members of our group.

So, it looks like everything worked out well. Thank you all for your great CC advice. I will let you know in June if everything works out OK.

The lady who emailed is Isabel Perez: amics@sagradafamilia.org. This is also the email on the website.

Archived