Premium Beverage Package-7 Day Cruise

Been a few years since cruised RCC. Last time there was not a premium beverage package. For $55/day seems to be worth it, if you will be consuming a few throughout the day and wine with dinner - it is vacation after all!!

Financially seem worthwhile, any feedback from someone who have purchased the package?

It's definitely worth it if you are intending to enjoy the pool bars and other venues onboard the ship as well as a glass or two of wine (limited range, even on the premium package) with dinner. Just be careful, because both occupants of the stateroom must take the same package so unless your partner enjoys the same level of consumption you might not get the value you expect. On our last cruise we had the package and found that if you had more than 8 drinks per day (which was easy on a transatlantic cruise) then it was a good way to go. Hope this helps.

We purchased the premium beverage package on our Easter break Oasis trip. For us, it was worth it. If you want to have several drinks during the day at the pool, wine or drinks at dinner and then a nightcap or two, I would say you get your money's worth. The convenience of not having to sign receipts for every drink was nice too, as well as not keeping a mental bar tab all week. Some high end liquor was not included and you can only get the house wines by the glass, but everything else was included. We would definitely purchase it again. Enjoy your trip!

We had 2 rooms on the Freedom for Spring Break- so my husband purchased the package as I'm not a big drinker. I had read that you didn't have to sign receipts, which was a plus, but that was not the case on the Freedom. Every drink he had to sign- not sure if it was for a possible extra tip or for inventory control.

We would not do the package again. Aside from having to sign all the receipts, every drink they were selling seemed to be in souvenir cups so those were off limits. The shooters after dinner that we read about were in souvenir shot glasses and when we asked for them in a non-souvenir glass he said he couldn't do that- he ended up giving up the one the first night but we didn't ask after that.

My husband asked for a beer one night in the English Pub with 3 bartenders standing there- they all ignored him and looked at each other. He did make a complaint at guest services and they gave him "3" free drinks on his bill and we received a follow-up messages from the beverage manager but never spoke to him.

He drank a fair amount- more on the first 2-3 days but we definitely didn't spend $55/d. They made money on us.

We debated over and again whether to purchase it on our Freedom cruise in February. We certainly would have had the best of it for the first day, maybe two but overall we found that as the week went on our consumption was less each day. I don't want to feel I have to drink to make it worthwhile. (Too much pressure! :))

We spent about $475.00 for all drinks on the ship that week. We did bring on two bottles of wine as well. At the end I told my husband I couldn't have drunk more if I wanted to.

...Just another opinion.....

Kathy

We had 2 rooms on the Freedom for Spring Break- so my husband purchased the package as I'm not a big drinker. I had read that you didn't have to sign receipts, which was a plus, but that was not the case on the Freedom. Every drink he had to sign- not sure if it was for a possible extra tip or for inventory control.

We would not do the package again. Aside from having to sign all the receipts, every drink they were selling seemed to be in souvenir cups so those were off limits. The shooters after dinner that we read about were in souvenir shot glasses and when we asked for them in a non-souvenir glass he said he couldn't do that- he ended up giving up the one the first night but we didn't ask after that.

My husband asked for a beer one night in the English Pub with 3 bartenders standing there- they all ignored him and looked at each other. He did make a complaint at guest services and they gave him "3" free drinks on his bill and we received a follow-up messages from the beverage manager but never spoke to him.

He drank a fair amount- more on the first 2-3 days but we definitely didn't spend $55/d. They made money on us.

We also purchased the package on Freedom this past week. We were all very pleased with it. Yes, we did have to sign reciepts most of the time but that didn't bother us. We all did tip an extra dollar on every drink we purchased and that helped become very quick friends with servers and bartenders. We asked for the after dinner drinks the first night in a regular glass. Our server gave it to us in the specialty glass and included it in our package. We tipped him well that evening and every night thereafter we got shooters, specialty glasses to keep and he even saved us a set the night we didn't make it to dinner. We continued to tip him well and he also ended up including smoothies for the kids (upwards of 6 a night) as well each evening.

None of us had issues with getting up and walking a few feet to the pool bar to order our own drinks to avoid the DOD servers. Arlene at the pool bar was fabulous and we had no issues ordering multiples for the others in our party as the adults all had the package.

We also spent most evenings at the Bull & Bear and had no trouble there ordering our drinks. Most mixed drinks at all bars came withe plenty of liquor and if if wanted them stronger, we just requested another shot.

I had liquers in the morning with my coffees. Frozen drinks at the pool all day. Cabernet with dinner every night. After dinner shooters and then usually switched to beer or mixed drinks all evening. Never got even close to drunk and probably averaged 12+ drinks a day personally (48yr old female) and the guys had plenty more.

We LOVED the package and would definitely do it again.

The only issue we did have was them running out of Labadoozies while on Labadee. Had to switch to beer later in the day ;)

We are all purchasing it for our Freedom Cruise in 3 weeks. (3 couples). We are all pretty good consumers and will start with bloodies/mimosas in the morning and continue on throughout the day and evening (with a possible nap in the late afternoon on sea days). We have three days at sea PLUS the Private Island which is included in the package, so it will be well worth it to us, I'm thinking. I'll let you all know when we are back in mid May.

We also purchased the package on Freedom this past week. We were all very pleased with it. Yes, we did have to sign reciepts most of the time but that didn't bother us. We all did tip an extra dollar on every drink we purchased and that helped become very quick friends with servers and bartenders. We asked for the after dinner drinks the first night in a regular glass. Our server gave it to us in the specialty glass and included it in our package. We tipped him well that evening and every night thereafter we got shooters, specialty glasses to keep and he even saved us a set the night we didn't make it to dinner. We continued to tip him well and he also ended up including smoothies for the kids (upwards of 6 a night) as well each evening.

None of us had issues with getting up and walking a few feet to the pool bar to order our own drinks to avoid the DOD servers. Arlene at the pool bar was fabulous and we had no issues ordering multiples for the others in our party as the adults all had the package.

We also spent most evenings at the Bull & Bear and had no trouble there ordering our drinks. Most mixed drinks at all bars came withe plenty of liquor and if if wanted them stronger, we just requested another shot.

I had liquers in the morning with my coffees. Frozen drinks at the pool all day. Cabernet with dinner every night. After dinner shooters and then usually switched to beer or mixed drinks all evening. Never got even close to drunk and probably averaged 12+ drinks a day personally (48yr old female) and the guys had plenty more.

The only issue we did have was them running out of Labadoozies while on Labadee. Had to switch to beer later in the day ;)

We got the drink package last week as well and thought it was a great deal. Did not like all the receipts though and think it is just a way to get more tips...which are included in the price of the package. I think I (and my travel party) contributed heavily to the Labadoozie running out...we got the first ones of the day and never stopped...until it ran out :). Sorry

We purchased the package for our sailing on the Oasis. Can I add a question? When you look at the packages on the RCI website here

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/asr/booking/gateway/view.do

the picture next to the Classic Package shows a can of Guinness and Boddingtons.

However, when you look at drink menu from the Irish Pub on here these beers have an asterisk next to them which in fine print at the bottom of the menu means excluded from all packages.

I searched the forums and have seen both answers, the beers are in and the beers are excluded.

The menu has these beers listed at 5.95 so they aren't excluded based on a price (6.50) threshold.

Can anyone add some clarity to this?

Thanks in advance.

Interesting how different people have different experiences- we too tipped $1-2 dollars. It wasn't a bad experience just not something we would do again.

Thanks for the insight! I am traveling with my 16 year old daughter in June on Freedom of the Sea. Since she's a minor I can get the package just for me.

Mimosa in the morning, umbrella drink by the pool, Cab for dinner and a night cap or two makes it sound as if it will be a win-win for me!! Are the Labadoozies included in Labadee, if so a double bonus if I get there fast!!

Sounds like a little up-front tip or two is an incentive to the bar tenders, who we all know work hard on these ships.

One less thing to deal with so I'm going for it!! THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks for the insight! I am traveling with my 16 year old daughter in June on Freedom of the Sea. Since she's a minor I can get the package just for me.

Mimosa in the morning, umbrella drink by the pool, Cab for dinner and a night cap or two makes it sound as if it will be a win-win for me!! Are the Labadoozies included in Labadee, if so a double bonus if I get there fast!!

Sounds like a little up-front tip or two is an incentive to the bar tenders, who we all know work hard on these ships.

One less thing to deal with so I'm going for it!! THANK YOU!!!!

The Labadoozies are included, but you will have to go to a bar that has plain plastic glasses. (there may only be one) The drinks are included in your package, but the souvenir cups are not. Most of the bars only have the special Labadooze cups.

We went to Columbus cove on labadee and set up shop right near the bar located there. Michael, the bartender from the Solarium bar was working at that bar. They had forgotten to bring straws along but ended up cutting one of the souvenier ones in half for us. They bring the labadoozies off the boat in a big igloo cooler. Apparently that day the story was that a few of the coolers fell and spilled on the way off the boat which caused the shortage, lol.

Anyway, my recommendation is just know what you can get with the package and don't let any bartender or server tell you otherwise.

We purchased the package for our sailing on the Oasis. Can I add a question? When you look at the packages on the RCI website here

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/asr/booking/gateway/view.do

the picture next to the Classic Package shows a can of Guinness and Boddingtons.

However, when you look at drink menu from the Irish Pub on here these beers have an asterisk next to them which in fine print at the bottom of the menu means excluded from all packages.

I searched the forums and have seen both answers, the beers are in and the beers are excluded.

The menu has these beers listed at 5.95 so they aren't excluded based on a price (6.50) threshold.

Can anyone add some clarity to this?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have any experince with the beers with the asterisks. I just told everyone in my group to avoid ordering them. There were plenty of others to choose from.

Hello,

Question, can you purchase this when you get on the cruise? Or is a pre cruise purchase? Dilemma we have 400 obc we will use for drinks, so we were thinking if we can wait to get on broad and use the sail and sign card to purchase the package the OBC will go for the drink package. It sounds like a great deal for us.

Thank you

Chris

Hello,

Question, can you purchase this when you get on the cruise? Or is a pre cruise purchase? Dilemma we have 400 obc we will use for drinks, so we were thinking if we can wait to get on broad and use the sail and sign card to purchase the package the OBC will go for the drink package. It sounds like a great deal for us.

Thank you

Chris

You can purchase either on board or pre-cruise. Same price.

We purchased while on board the Freedom 3/24. Well, DH purchased. I had a doctor's note excusing me because I was 17 weeks pregnant at the time. It was literally the first thing we did when we got on board. He ALMOST made it worth it. He was $30 under the price of the package when he added up all of his drinks. (Yes, we kept track).

The bar service was great and they all thanked him for being "premium".

. The convenience of not having to sign receipts for every drink was nice too, as well as not keeping a mental bar tab all week.

I think to some, this means a lot more than worry about whether or not they will break even.

I just wish they didnt make everyone in the cabin over 21 purchase the package.

We got it, loved it and would do it again! So nice to just get what you want when you want it and not worry about the total price at the end of the cruise as you know going in what it will be.

what's the status for gratuities?

the deal says gratuities are include in the price but when I go on-line to purchase for our cruise, it adds 15 percent on top, and to the total.

some folks here on other threads have stated the added 15 percent is an error.

some say RCL corrected the error, yet it is still added when I try.

some say the webpage adds it then takes it off when you go to the purchase page, but it is still there when I try.

so can anyone provide an answer, and does anyone know if I can purchase over the phone, if the website is adding an extra charge that ought not to be there.

what's the status for gratuities?

the deal says gratuities are include in the price but when I go on-line to purchase for our cruise, it adds 15 percent on top, and to the total.

some folks here on other threads have stated the added 15 percent is an error.

some say RCL corrected the error, yet it is still added when I try.

some say the webpage adds it then takes it off when you go to the purchase page, but it is still there when I try.

so can anyone provide an answer, and does anyone know if I can purchase over the phone, if the website is adding an extra charge that ought not to be there.

Royal constantly has problems with their website. Gratuities are already included in the price of the drink package. I'd either order by phone or wait until you are on board to purchase the package.

Question, just booked 3 cabins 4 of the 6 people want the beverage package and 2 don't and won't drink enough for it to be worth while. Would it work to change the two people on the official bookings to a cabin together so they don't have to buy the beverage packages and then switch what room they are in once onboard or will they then make those two people buy the beverage packages?

Archived