Cruise Critic Community
lovestocruise19

Swimming pool at Grand Turk

So I have a poolside cabana booked in Grand Turk at Margaritaville. I've been following the whole contaminated water issue like a hawk. I plan on bringing my own bottled water off the ship and not eating the expensive Margaritaville food anyway.

My question is, will I be safe to swim in the pool? I've heard a few different responses, but nothing conclusive. I leave Saturday! Any opinions? Or has anyone heard from anyone on the Freedom (she was in Grand Turk on Monday). Worse case scenario I suppose would be that I could swim in the ocean since the beach is close by.

I am in a similar situation, but we sail in Sept. Surely the pool water is chlorinated? Or even using a salt water system to keep the water clean? I think that would make the water safe for swimming, right?

This is just MY opinion, but I'm thinking there would be a lot more sick people if the pool was causing issues. I'll be there in May, and if they are still going to Grand Turk, I'll be in the pool. At least its at the end of my cruise, soooo if i do get sick, I won't be ruining the entire cruise.

Ships have been going all week haven't heard of anyone getting sick so far I'll be there in 10 days and I'll be in pool.

I was there with Ruby Princess on Friday swam in the pool, even had a few cocktails, no issues for me, and heard of none else from the group I was with, close to 300 people.

We were there from the Ruby two weeks ago and never heard any complaints. Didn't use the pool, but rented golf carts and toured the island. Wish I had left time to lay out, it looked beautiful.

We were just there on 4/16. We had a great time; a few drinks, lunch, and swam in the pool. There were not any problems with anyone in our group. The service was great!! I think they're glad to have the ships back in port and were quick to serve you.