It's been decided!

VallyD

10 Day Panama Canal Sunfarer, ms Zuiderdam, January 3, 2014 :D:D:D

Just thought you would all like to know! Any tips on this ship and itinerary are more than welcome, we plan to do the Reventazon White Water Rafting Classes I, II+ excursion :) We were looking at cruises before we got off the Eurodam and we just can't get over this itinerary, so this is the one! :cool:

Darn it, I was hoping you might join us in April! The Panama is an awesome cruise, you'll love it.

!!! oh no !!! Where are you going in April? I hope there are some CC members on our cruise

Just thought you would all like to know! Any tips on this ship and itinerary are more than welcome, we plan to do the Reventazon White Water Rafting Classes I, II+ excursion :) We were looking at cruises before we got off the Eurodam and we just can't get over this itinerary, so this is the one! :cool:

That's great! You will LOVE the Panama Canal. Good luck on your rafting classels.

I sure hope my husband shares the enthusiasm you two have for cruising. I have cruised quite a bit and have over 54 days at sea with HAL, I am taking him on his first cruise to Alaska for our honeymoon and I hope he catches the bug.

I know you will have a great time. The Zuiderdam was my first HAL ship and holds a special place for me. I wish we could do that trip but we can only take a week at a time due to work schedule. Looking forward to reading any tips as we hope to do this at some point.

There is a marvelous book about the canal called "Path Between The Seas" that is very worth reading before you get there.

We did this one as our second cruise as well. The ports are great but the Canal is FANTASTIC. Here is a preview of Canal morning. Cheers!

312canal_7981507fc4_o.jpg

!!! oh no !!! Where are you going in April? I hope there are some CC members on our cruise

We're doing the full transit repositioning cruise. There will be lots of CC-ers on your cruise, and the Panama is a fantastic experience.

Are the full transits only available certain times of the year?

The Zuiderdam does a full transit in the spring and again in the fall when she repositions between doing Alaska and doing the Caribbean partial transits. We did the April repo last year and enjoyed it so much we have booked a redo for next April.

Don't add me to the Future Cruisers list now, don't jinx me! LOL! We have decided but have not booked it. We are fiddling with husband's time off next year to be sure and deciding which cabins would be best, getting more than a week off for husband requires a bit of sweet talk, his job isn't easy for other staff to cover....... ohhh those darn Cruise Day Credits... we keep going back to that suite too! :eek::cool::D

Well, I guess that means you won't be joining us on our Hawaii, ms Veendam, Dec. 3, 2013:p

How about coming along to Alaska, ms Amsterdam, July 27,2014;)

Jane & Gary

Archived