We’re Watching ... and Waiting For Tuesday’s Quantum of the Seas Cruise Ship Reveal

LauraS

Thanks Emmy. I have an afternoon appointment and was afraid I would miss it.

I will miss it but will count on CC for the full report. Sadly I will be at work but happily earning more money for a Quantum inaugural:D:D

RCCL is certainly great with hype and build up!!!

i can't wait!!!!

i'm watching and waiting! :D

I know I know!! I so remember all these feelings when Oasis was coming out. Man, what a cruise that was- having never been on an inaugural it was by far the best cruise experience we've ever had!! I am soooo ready for this ship and all it will offer. I hope it's Bayonne...we can drive to this port and not have the expense of flying. I can't wait!! Counting down the hours till the reveal in NYC!! Would make so much sense it being there with home port in Bayonne- hummmm looks like it to me!!

This was on twitter earlier. Sneaky hint from RCI

What do you reckon? My guess is roller skates. But... If so, would it be a skating track like the voyager class, or a hint as to a show? Starlight Express anyone?! Unlikely I'd imagine.

<a href=image.jpg' alt='image.jpg'>

I doubt this is a roller skate...that wouldn't be something never before seen at sea as some of the Voyager class ships have an in-line skating track. Plus the picture may not be shown in its correct orientation, the human brain assumes that images are top/North/up. If you flip the image, it could become a bogey wheel on a roller coaster, like Dragons' Tail at Labadee or something else

I'm watching with anticipation as well. Although extremely doubtful I would book out of Bayonne to the caribbean. If I'm flying from MO in fall/winter, I'm flying to Florida!

That being said, would love to sail on Quantum to Bermuda, hoping 2015. That is, of course, if they do in deed homeport her in Bayonne (but all indications seem likely--or maybe it's just the hype on the board).

Maybe Anthem will be my inaugural sail? Or the new Oasis 3?

Either way, I'll be just as thrilled to hear about the new features.

How do the bookings become available? Someone here said Diamond, Pinnacle first, then open to public? Or is it Diamond and Pinnacle first, then all Crown and Anchor, then the public? Or is it something else entirely?

Why is it that when a new ship is being built, Floridians want it there.

Why can't New York have fabulous ships? Even though Florida has the

choice of the best ships already, Floridians want more. Since the

Northeast has a huge population base, it would make sense to put

a new ship in NYC. Especially since air travel has become a pain

recently. I vote for New York, or for the people who are literal.

Bayonne.

What part of the NYC skyline is shown at the beginning of the video?

Is this area of NY associated with something that may give us any hints (e.g. a famous revolving rooftop restaurant)?

Its a shot of the Manhattan skyline seen from New Jersey. I hope

it is a hint rather than just because the reveal is in New York City.

NY has only one revolving restaurant. That is at the Marriott

Marquis Hotel on Times Square. But you really can't pick out the

building in the shot.

Yep, I'm guessing that the reveal will show that is it out of Bayonne (YEAH!) and that roller skate wheel picture could be a roller coaster or a stupid, YES STUPID ferris wheel. Let's hope it's a sane revolving restaurant instead. Enough of the amusement park at sea concept! I'm on a ship to get away from that crowd and that garbage!!!

wolfcathorse wrote: I doubt this is a roller skate...that wouldn't be something never before seen at sea as some of the Voyager class ships have an in-line skating track. Plus the picture may not be shown in its correct orientation, the human brain assumes that images are top/North/up. If you flip the image, it could become a bogey wheel on a roller coaster, like Dragons' Tail at Labadee or something else

Could be a roller skating rink to replace the ice rink?

That way they still get to have a venue for other events as they do with the Studio B ice rinks on the present ships.

Who knows?! We may just find out on Tuesday...

Same here, cannot wait. So hoping it is going out of Florida so we can sail on her. If it is out of Bayonne, not happening. No desire to go on a "cold" cruise.

You can cruise from April till November in Bayonne. It's not cold. It is cold from November to December similar to the unbearable heat in south florida from April to November

We live in Ft Lauderdale and if I were a betting man which I am not I would bet the Quantum will be cruising out of the Northeast and not Florida. I believe the northeast has shown to be a very strong market for RCL and needed to be developed more.

You can cruise from April till November in Bayonne. It's not cold. It is cold from November to December similar to the unbearable heat in south florida from April to November

Til November is stretching it a bit. I sailed out of Philly once in October (which is almost 100 miles more southerly than Bayonne says Google), and it really, really cold while at sea. And I'm from the midwest, so I'm no stranger to cold. That said, it's not the weather that would keep me from sailing her if she ports out of NJ, it would be the itinerary. No interest in sailing to Bermuda or the Bahamas again, and those are about the only two places she could make it to and back in seven days, and I don't desire to cruise any longer than that if the additional days are sea days. I suppose much like the Oasis and Allure the ship will be the destination, but I haven't sailed either one of them yet solely because of their terrible itineraries...

For me it would be the fear of a snow storm shutting down the port. Having said that we're anticipating a cruise on Explorer out of NJ in Dec., 2013. I might live in TX now but NY is still my home and it's always a pleasure going back to visit. :D

I can't imagine how they can top the Oasis class of ships but if anyone can do it, RCI sure can.

Archived