Celebrity Pre-Hotel and Transfers in Santiago

tandtiff

I apologize if this is already discussed somewhere, but I have searched for a couple of hours and did not find it...

Does anyone know if there was a Celebrity Pre-hotel option in Santiago with transfers to Valparaiso for the Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale cruise last month? Or just transfers provided through Celebrity? How about for other Celebrity cruises originating in Valparaiso? If so, could you describe them (hotel, cost, any other included items)?

We are booked on the Valparaiso to Miami cruise next year (March 16, 2014) and there are no pre-hotel options or transfers through Celebrity at this time. We are looking at private options as well, but would like to compare with those offered by Celebrity.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I apologize if this is already discussed somewhere, but I have searched for a couple of hours and did not find it...

Does anyone know if there was a Celebrity Pre-hotel option in Santiago with transfers to Valparaiso for the Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale cruise last month? Or just transfers provided through Celebrity? How about for other Celebrity cruises originating in Valparaiso? If so, could you describe them (hotel, cost, any other included items)?

We are booked on the Valparaiso to Miami cruise next year (March 16, 2014) and there are no pre-hotel options or transfers through Celebrity at this time. We are looking at private options as well, but would like to compare with those offered by Celebrity.

Thank you.

We are on the same cruise and would also like to know. Contacted South Excursions and they are pretty well know. Are you on the CC board for this trip?

Have you called Celebrity or your TA? We will be leaving Infinity on the 16th as you are boarding. "My Celebrity" says there are no transfers or pre/post cruise hotels, but a phone rep was happy to book transfers for me and offered to book hotels if I was interested. I booked a transfer from Valparaiso to the airport, and now "My Celebrity" reads, "no transfers available for this cruise" just above the posted info for our transfer.

Thanks for the feedback. I called Celebrity earlier and they said that nothing was available at this time, but I think I will call back tomorrow. I also called the travel agent, but she also said that she didn't know of anything through Celebrity, but could book us into either of a couple of hotels that they offer, but without transfers. Her rates were not any better than what I can book the hotel for myself, so I passed for now.

I'll go to the roll call and ask as well. There are a number of independent options noted there, so that may very well be what we end up doing.

We used AboutChile for a transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago. We highly recoomend them. Our trip also included a tour of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. We booked our own hotel. Stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Lovely room overlooking the Andes. Hotel is within walking distance of the funicular and sites downtown.

There is a wonderful and quiet neighborhood near the hotel with a great restaurant named Patagonia Sur.

Archived