So Upset with Carnival right now!

misstopgun

This is the kind of attitude that has made the watered down product we get now - you just give give give give again and again to these little nips and soon a giant bite has been taken from the quality we used to enjoy.

Well, you keep fighting the good fight then. Onward!

Hey! Good news! JH posted on FB that a full refund has been issued!

Why does it have to escalate to that level for the right thing to be done in the first place. A lot of unnecessary aggravation if you ask me. 99% of the time, they'll just tell people that $x is all you're entitled to, and that's that. Sort of like rebates which spur people to make some purchases: they know a large percentage of people will never follow through (or follow-up)!

Tom

Why does it have to escalate to that level for the right thing to be done in the first place. A lot of unnecessary aggravation if you ask me. 99% of the time, they'll just tell people that $x is all you're entitled to, and that's that. Sort of like rebates which spur people to make some purchases: they know a large percentage of people will never follow through (or follow-up)!

Tom

Exactly. All they are teaching us is instead of going through normal channels, in order for something to happen, everyone has to go through John, Mischele, or Mary.

What an operation!

Tom

Excellent point! We should ask John ;)

Exactly. All they are teaching us is instead of going through normal channels, in order for something to happen, everyone has to go through John, Mischele, or Mary.

What an operation!

You hit the nail on the head, MrPete. Why aren't the customer service representatives doing what they are paid to do--provide excellent customer service to loyal guests.

There should be some sort of insurance available for the traveler to purchase so that they would be reimbursed in full when unforseen things like this happen.

Who wouldn't buy it??

This has to be a joke comment or are you really that behind on the Triumph?

So how do you explain $50 back when that isnt the amount pp either.

I dont think that explains it at all. someone maybe contacted the driver who usually has a $50 cancel policy perhaps .. (except this time he gave a discount for a nonrefundable amount).

thats my guess, but we dont know how carnival came up with $50 when its not the amount one way or two ways.

You're right. I was just trying to find a plausible explanation for WHY CCL didn't pay as promised. I figured it was worth a shot for each of the women to submit a request for refund or if when speaking to another rep, the OP should then ask if it would be easier for them to refund each individual.

It can't be the amount that is the issue. If it was airfare, it could be that much.

:confused::confused:

I try very hard NOT to get more and more annoyed with CCL, but stuff like this just makes it even harder.

This would be a totally different story if they hadn't specifically said they WOULD reimburse for anything that was nonrefundable.

With CCL, the left hand never knows what the right is doing. It is SO poorly run.

This is truly a tough one, but I personally think if the original poster has a receipt in their name . . . CCL is morally (albeit not legally) challenged to "pony up" what they offered in their online and physical communication to all affected passengers.

As someone else posted earlier, if the Miami corporate office had the same skill level as their ultra-superb onboard crew, when it comes to guest service, this would pretty much be a non-issue.

((Hugs)) to you, Halos!! :D

Absolutely true on both counts

and {{{hugs}}} backatcha :)

What an operation!

It's insane.

OP: I am happy for you, but my heart breaks for any passenger that doesn't have the time to seek out CC, FB or JH's blog for help.

OP if you have now been promised a full refund then I am happy for you but it is a shame and it tarnishes the name of Carnival that they are so petty about refunding costs that wasn't the customer's fault.

They need to work on their customer service skills.......quickly by the sound of things

OP if you have now been promised a full refund then I am happy for you but it is a shame and it tarnishes the name of Carnival that they are so petty about refunding costs that wasn't the customer's fault.

They need to work on their customer service skills.......quickly by the sound of things

Actually, many things will not be covered even if it is totally the cruise line's fault. The difference here is that they were specific about refunding and they didn't follow through.

This is one of the times when their contract wouldn't hold up.

I'm glad everything is settled! How ridiculous.

To say that someone is too "butthurt" over $400 really says a lot. I don't know about you, but $400 is a lot to me and you bet I'd raise a stink about it. I am, however, a little mature to be "butthurt" which likely correlates to why I know the value of $400.

Just got home from work to find John had responded on FB to say I will be getting the full refund!

Thanks everyone for bearing with me while I got this all worked out. Now I may just have to use the refund for the deposit on my next Carnival cruise. Faith is somewhat restored. I'll sleep on it. Right now I am happy. I may think about it tomorrow and wonder why I had to go through it all all over again. Nah, I choose to remain happy!

Glad it all worked out. Let us know when you actually receive the refund.

I believe we both work for the "world's largest retail company". Carnival could learn some lessons from our customer service. But, as we both know, some of our associates forget "customers first" from time to time.

Dave

I just finished reading through all the posts and was pretty disgusted by some people's comments but was happy to see people defending you.

My sister and I are going on our first cruise together and have booked a ridiculously expensive hotel in South Beach for the night before, it is a splurge for us for being able to get away and enjoy our time together. We looked at taking a limo to the port the next morning but it didn't seem worth it for that short of a ride (wouldn't get to fully enjoy it).

There is NOTHING wrong with you expecting a full refund, regardless if you are well off and can afford it. Not the point!!

I am very happy to hear that they have changed their minds and are refunding you, but it is still upsetting to have to deal with it in the first place.

You will have to let us know how your Royal Cruise went. Sister and I are leaving in 10 days for Miami and I cannot wait.

I hope you are able to get together with your sisters soon.

Just got home from work to find John had responded on FB to say I will be getting the full refund!

Thanks everyone for bearing with me while I got this all worked out. Now I may just have to use the refund for the deposit on my next Carnival cruise. Faith is somewhat restored. I'll sleep on it. Right now I am happy. I may think about it tomorrow and wonder why I had to go through it all all over again. Nah, I choose to remain happy!

Glad to hear this is resolved and to your satisfaction. I think CCL did the right thing in the end. It's a shame you had to fight so hard. Imagine if you hadn't been so determined.

Wow, this is a lot of butthurt over 400 bucks (split five ways?) Think I would just take the 50 or whatever and try again next time. Not the end of the world.

It may not be the end of the world, but right is right. I am on a very fixed income and I do without alot to save for special things, like a vacation...400 for me would be 30% of my monthly income and it would hurt badly!

Tom

It is sad it has to get to that and they obviously don't care about the negative impact either:eek:

Tom

I don't think it necessarily had to. I contend this may have (may have, not was haters) been a misunderstanding of what was being claimed or a simple mistake. Since the OP was unable to contact Guest Care, to follow up maybe a simple call would have fixed the problem.

This was an unusual situation and the volume of claims must have been overwhelming for the staff.

Glad that it's been sorted.

This is the kind of attitude that has made the watered down product we get now - you just give give give give again and again to these little nips and soon a giant bite has been taken from the quality we used to enjoy.

I agree, along with the degrading rewards program that was going to be "brilliant distinctions program" :rolleyes:

I don't think it necessarily had to. I contend this may have (may have, not was haters) been a misunderstanding of what was being claimed or a simple mistake. Since the OP was unable to contact Guest Care, to follow up maybe a simple call would have fixed the problem.

This was an unusual situation and the volume of claims must have been overwhelming for the staff.

Glad that it's been sorted.

Since I've been on the receiving end more than once of what could be considered "misunderstandings or simple mistakes", I find myself more skeptical. In that regard (towards Carnival at least) I suppose I am a glass half-empty kind of guy. I'll be the first to acknowledge that Carnival has many things going for it, it's just becoming more difficult for me to look past the fumbles and focus on the positives. Having said that, I have also encountered "challenges" on the other lines we've sailed as well - just not at the same frequency that Carnival provides.

We'll sail them again - in fact, just last week, I booked a short sailing for Cheryl and a friend of hers for a "girls weekend". Often they've rented a beach house (St. George Island), but opted to go on a cruise instead. I'm sure they'll have a blast!

Tom

I'm glad that Carnival finally did the right thing. It was a completely legitimate claim and one that should have been honored without question.

It is interesting to see some of the responses from people. The charge for the limo was little more, if less, than the charge for Carnival's transfers or a car from Houston to Galveston.

The reverse snobbery displayed in the postings showed a lot about the people who made them.

Take care,

Mike

I agree, along with the degrading rewards program that was going to be "brilliant distinctions program" :rolleyes:

Yep - I had high hopes that it was going to be something special. I really appreciate the fact that one of the "improvements" included taking away the free slot/BJ tournament entry and replacing it with a BOGO offer. Sure, now I have two chances to win, yet they are now assured of squeezing $20 out of my pocket that had not been required in the old program.

Between the two of us, Celebrity gives us 3 hours of free internet each sailing thanks to our reaching their "Elite" status - and that was earned after only five cruises with them!

I have my sights also set on NCL's top tier which includes a free dinner for two in Le Bistro on every sailing. Carnival, in their new program, gives up a free steakhouse dinner for two at the rate of ONCE IN A LIFETIME for those with over 200 cruising days with them... :rolleyes:

YEP -- way to go there Carnival, you do stand out (so to speak)! :eek:

Tom

Yep - I had high hopes that it was going to be something special. I really appreciate the fact that one of the "improvements" included taking away the free slot/BJ tournament entry and replacing it with a BOGO offer. Sure, now I have two chances to win, yet they are now assured of squeezing $20 out of my pocket that had not been required in the old program.

Between the two of us, Celebrity gives us 3 hours of free internet each sailing thanks to our reaching their "Elite" status - and that was earned after only five cruises with them!

I have my sights also set on NCL's top tier which includes a free dinner for two in Le Bistro on every sailing. Carnival, in their new program, gives up a free steakhouse dinner for two at the rate of ONCE IN A LIFETIME for those with over 200 cruising days with them... :rolleyes:

YEP -- way to go there Carnival, you do stand out (so to speak)! :eek:

Tom

What did you have to bring that up for? Are you trying to get me to where both my cheerleader and hater hats in the same thread? :cool:

OP, I totally agree with the above two posters. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable with your claim. Carnival stated they'd refund you and they haven't followed through. Keep calling.

Good luck.

These two basically sid what I was going to say!!!! I agree.

So I read my email from ICare and it apologizes once again for the disruption in plans and that in "further review" have decided to refund the full amount. they say they will be sending me a check at my address which they contained in the email.

I replied that I was greatful for the "further review" and the decision reached but also inquired why the original decision was only a partial refund. I told them I love their ships and the crews on them and only seem to have issues with corporate customer service which still leave me a little bit of discomfort in my decision to book Carnival. i asked that the qive me an explaination.

So I hit the submit button. I get a return email this morning. It said "thanks for contacting us....you will recieve a reply in 7-10 days." SLAP!!!!

Archived