• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

London Eye, Harrods, Picadilly, Oxfordd Questions

Robyn,

I can't see why you could not fit all of them into one afternoon if you didn't hang around.(I assume you mean Oxford Street and not the city of Oxford)

The London Eye takes about 15 minutes and you can buy pre timed tickets from[url="http://www.ba-londoneye.com"]HERE[/url]. I personnally found it a bit of a let down but I seem to be in the minority so there you go.

If you then nipped into Harrods and did a quick photo shoot at Picadilly Circus you will have seen them all.

I think to give you a better idea you would need to tell us exactly how long you have in the centre of London.

I am sure Globaliser (who is London based) will give you some good ideas.

Nick

NCL Star March 2004

I have been to them all,and if I had to pick one I guess it would be Picadilly..you could then walk from there to Convent Garden and Traflgar Square and see some of the city.The London Eye may be a wait for tickets unless bought before,Harrods would not be on my list of to dos for just a short time there,and Oxford would be a train trip and there is to much to see there.I think the Hop/on Hop/off tour would be you best bet as you can cram so much in on one of the tours.That way you coul get around without using the tube,and get a great overview of the sights.

Karen
Ü

Trying not to repeat anything in reply to your other post, or anything that's already been said:

I agree with not bothering with Harrods. It's a fancy overpriced shop, nothing that special. Treat is as something to save for another trip when you have more time to waste.

Equally, I wouldn't bother much with Piccadilly as a street. Piccadilly Circus, which stands at its eastern end, though, is the beginning of an area with some tourist interest - it has the famous statue of Eros in the fountain, and then it is (as has already been said) a short walk to Leicester Square, the main theatre districts, Trafalgar Sqaure with Nelson's Column, and the shops, restaurants and other sights of Covent Garden.

In reality, it will help if you have an idea of what sort of things you want to do. Do you want just to view the structures that are regarded as "sights"? Do you want to go inside museums, etc.? Do you want a fine dining experience? Do you want to go to see a play at the theatre, or a musical show? The opera? Do you just want to see a big movie in one of the biggest and best-equipped cinemas in the world (the Odeon Leicester Square - about 2,500 seats for one screen, wonderful!)?

Jewel of the Seas 1-3 May 2004 - see [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=904107102&f=069097554"]my review here[/url], and [url="http://community.webshots.com/album/140741580OdzpCX"]my photos here[/url].

Archived