• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Any recent luck with airportcruisetransfers.com?

We are a party of 6 (3 couples) attempting to get transport from Dover into London. We are interested in a tour and then dropping off each couple to their respective airports. Due to the number of people and luggage, the only company that seems able to accommodate us (because they have luggage trailers) is cruisetransfers.com aka airporttransfers.biz.

My problem is getting them to respond. I'm starting to take things personal here. I started with an e-mail to them on a Saturday. When I received no response, I sent another on Wednesday. Again no reponse so on the following Saturday I confirmed a reservation through their web site. I got a return e-mail with a confirmation but due to limited space on the web-site I could not tell them that we wanted a day tour and to be dropped off at different hotels. I sent a response to them indicating exactly what we wished and asked if they could accommodate this. No response. After 3 days I decided I would call them directly. Spoke to a man on the phone who said they had just moved the office and he would be checking e-mail and responding. He could do nothing at the time I called.

Everything I have heard on these boards has been so positive about this company, but my experience so far has been the opposite. Just wondering if anyone else has had recent contact with this company.

Thanks, Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I suggest you call direct to London and speak with Malcolm. You may need to ring him up at a time that he will be in his office, usually 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM most days. Although I had to wait for return emails, he was always very prompt and really wonderful with help.

You may also send him an email which is at the bottom of the website. Explain in detail what you want and need and he will respond within a week. They are a very busy company!

We used their transfer service to/from Harwich, and from Heathrow airport to London. I would recommend their transport service without hesitation. They are fabulous! Just give Malcolm a big hello from Celia!

I have also had some problem with this company.

I spoke with Malcolm 3 weeks ago to get a reservation and gave him my credit card number. He also told me that they had just moved their office and had not gotten their email/internet service fully operational. He promised to fax a confirmation notice to me.

I heard nothing until I called him tonight. It was before 8:00 a.m. London time, and he apparently answered the phone while in the car. (I had called the international number that was listed on their web page). He asked me to call back in 10 minutes so that he could get into the office and check my details.

When I called him after 10 minutes, he simply took my information again. He said that they had just moved and that things were a bit hectic. I could hear another man talking on another telephone line, so I conclude that it is more than a one-man operation. Malcolm promised to fax me a confirmation notice within 10 minutes.

I will post when I hear more.

Good news with regards to this airportcruisetransfers.biz business. (They have other web site names/URLs).

Malcolm did fax back a confirmation note after an hour. It was very sketchy (didn't note the pick-up time), so I will call him again to check that he did write this down.

I also emailed the justairports.xxx web site for Heathrow Airport to London Hotel transfers. Someone else had mentioned them as cheaper. It's been over 24 hours and I have not received a response.

I guess that a web presence does not necessarily mean that a business checks and/or responds to email very quickly.

I would give Malcolm and his operation a 10++++ since all of our transfers in London (3 total) were perfect in every way. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. If they are moving their offices, this may be the reason for delays. If you want a great company with excellent service, this is it!

We used airportcruisetransfers.com 2 years ago... and again last month... Our transfers last month were from the airport to London hotel... from London Hotel to the Port... and from the Port to Gatwick Hotel.... I'd give them A++++ --- they were always waiting for us... and gave us the best service!!! Malcom has always come through...

Archived