My Island Breeze Picture Review. (4/7/13-4/13/13) Carnival Breeze

SPKEMO

With the Nassau change, this also affected my steakhouse reservation. We had a 7:30 reservation for the steakhouse so I canceled that rescheduled that for Friday night.

This was the second time i had to cancel and reschedule my reservation. My first reservation was for Tuesday night but, when i got on the ship I found out that was the night of my Chef’s Table reservation as well. No biggie.

We arrived in Nassau later then expected. We weren’t able to get off the ship until around 4:30.

tumblr_mlew99DqiF1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Of course we didn’t have much time there being that we had to be back on the ship by 8:30. We decided to head over to Atlantis and just walk around. There wasn’t much we could see at Atlantis as most stuff requires, at the very least, a $120 day pass. Being that we had limited time there, that was out of the question.

We got to Atlantis and, wow, it’s beautiful. There really is EVERYTHING to do there if you are staying.

tumblr_mlew99DqiF1soq9zto2_500.jpg

tumblr_mlew99DqiF1soq9zto3_500.jpg

tumblr_mlew99DqiF1soq9zto4_500.jpg

tumblr_mlew99DqiF1soq9zto5_500.jpg

As our ‘cruise stomachs’ began to kick in, again, it was time for more food.

We walked around Atlantis and found this little BBQ joint. It was right before the start of their dinner service so it was pretty dead.

tumblr_mlexvlTrI01soq9zto1_500.jpg

I ended up getting the ‘Trash’ ribs which I ordered off the bar menu. They came with a mustard cole slaw which seemed to lack a hit of acid. For the ribs, they were good. All in all, happy eating.

tumblr_mlexvlTrI01soq9zto2_500.jpg

The view from our table was awesome. I really wish we would have had a whole day in Atlantis to really see what it’s all about. Oh well, maybe next time.

tumblr_mlexvlTrI01soq9zto3_500.jpg

We ordered the Key Lime pie for dessert. It was really good. Maybe I haven’t had a lot of key lime pie, but this one was great.

tumblr_mlexvlTrI01soq9zto4_500.jpg

After lunch we decided to walk around the little town outside of Atlantis.

TBC..

Doesn't the Breeze sail on Sunday this weekend? :confused: Hope so - that's when we fly in!!

Yes, it's Sunday. I keep telling people Saturday too because we are coming down a night early. Soooo excited!!!! The ship looks gorgeous.

I love your pictures. What camera are you using and editing program? I also love your review. Glad you two had a great cruise and can't wait to hear more!

Just using my iPhone 4S and Instagram to edit the photos. Glad you like my review.

The town outside of Atlantis was a cute little town. Little shops and stores, an ice cream shop, and a Johnny Rockets that seemed strangely out of place.

tumblr_mlez0jf9OJ1soq9zto1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlez0jf9OJ1soq9zto3_500.jpg

My wife found a stray cat. She wanted to take it home but I doubt we would have made it past customs with the little guy. Oh well, good luck on the rest of your life cat.

tumblr_mlez0jf9OJ1soq9zto2_500.jpg

Loved the lights strung up through the trees.

tumblr_mlez0jf9OJ1soq9zto4_500.jpg

The views outside continued to be gorgeous off the harbor.

tumblr_mlez0jf9OJ1soq9zto5_500.jpg

As we made our way back to the ship I caught this shot of the sunset. The Breeze looked especially beautiful as the sun was setting behind her.

tumblr_mlez0jf9OJ1soq9zto6_500.jpg

TBC...

Decided to use the ‘panoramic’ feature of my iPhone to get a close shot of the Breeze. What a great ship!! And, this looks like a postcard. :)

tumblr_mlfaydCELj1soq9zto1_500.jpg

As we got back on the ship and in our room 1 of my platinum gifts was waiting. Chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate truffles, and one tiny little macaroon. Macaroons and my favorite thing on the planet Earth, so yea, one tiny little macaroon. ;)

tumblr_mlfaydCELj1soq9zto2_500.jpg

My wife loved all this stuff.

TBC...

What is 'Currents photo contest'?

Currents is a magazine that Carnival used to mail out. (I loved it) Now we get it on-line to my e-mail. There are categories to the photo contests to win cash and prizes. Once a year, the top picture won a cruise. Categories were like nature, people, ports....etc.

Once back on the ship we rested up for a little bit. It was past our dinner time and we really had no interest to eat in the dining room anyway so, we headed over to give ‘Bonsai Sushi’ a try. My wife was not really thrilled about ‘cruise’ sushi but, she was willing to give it a shot.

tumblr_mlfb10s9I81soq9zto1_500.jpg

Again, great décor for the restaurant. Even though they were plastic, I loved the little bonsai trees on every table.

tumblr_mlfb10s9I81soq9zto3_500.jpg

When I first sat down I proceeded to open up the chopsticks and give them a nice shave. As I ripped the package open I found some sort of weird chopstick/fork thing called a ‘chork’. Clearly they are trying to please everyone with this. I asked for normal chopsticks and they brought them over. I am glad they have both.

Sushi boats in the corner and again, a platter of avocados for the fresh produce look.

tumblr_mlfb10s9I81soq9zto2_500.jpg

next--

First up, I ordered some miso soup. The presentation was perfect. They brought out a soup bowl that had a tofu square in the bottom (the tofu square is diced and put back together) with a layer of daikon, scallions, and some seaweed.

tumblr_mlfb4iwg9j1soq9zto1_500.jpg

They then poured the dashi over it to make it come alive.

tumblr_mlfb4iwg9j1soq9zto2_500.jpg

The soup was good. It needed a little more salt to really make it pop.

Next up was a tuna and mango tartar.

tumblr_mlfb4iwg9j1soq9zto3_500.jpg

This dish had some nice flavors. The tuna really pared well with the sweetness of the mango and the roe on top gave it a nice balance.

We did order some salmon sushi but were informed that chefs couldn’t catch any. Haha. I did wonder why there was no salmon. Oh well, unexplained mystery.

Next up was a standard tempura roll.

tumblr_mlfb4iwg9j1soq9zto4_500.jpg

Nothing special about it. Also, there was nothing bad about it. It’s very hard to mess up a tempura roll.

Next up was some of their yellow fin tuna sushi. This is where I got a little worried. The color of the tuna was RED, suspiciously red. I know tuna is red but, I really thought they dyed it that color because it was so red.

tumblr_mlfb4iwg9j1soq9zto5_500.jpg

As for the taste, fresh! It had no fishy smell or taste. It really did seem the quality of the fish was very good.

The last action of the night was a spicy tuna roll.

tumblr_mlfb4iwg9j1soq9zto6_500.jpg

Again, this was very good. Taste was no different than I would find here in Southern California.

Side notes:

I loved the fact that they served Kirin beer. It’s really not the same unless you have a Japanese beer and some sake. And I, had both!!

After our experience there, I would highly recommend ‘Bonsai Sushi’ to anyone on the Breeze. Very well done and, it would seem, the quality of the food was well worth the very minimal cost.

TBC...

After dinner we decided to head over to 'Piano Bar 88' for some fun!

tumblr_mlfb7275pT1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Ron Pass was the performer on our cruise and he was great as usual.

tumblr_mlfb7275pT1soq9zto2_500.jpg

We did a cruise on the Splendor when Ron was on it and, he was just as good this time.

At around 12:30, Ron was finished with his set and we were tired. Off to bed!

Our towel animal was this fun little guy.

tumblr_mlfb7275pT1soq9zto3_500.jpg

We were happy to hear that even though Ron will be ending his time with Carnival, he will now be preforming in Palm Springs, CA. Palm Springs is only about 45-60 minutes from where my wife and I live so, we make it up there a few times a year. It's fun to know that we can know go see some Ron Pass while we are there.

Upcoming!!!

The Punchliner Comedy Brunch

The Chef's Table

Currents is a magazine that Carnival used to mail out. (I loved it) Now we get it on-line to my e-mail. There are categories to the photo contests to win cash and prizes. Once a year, the top picture won a cruise. Categories were like nature, people, ports....etc.

I just did some research and found out that Currents has been discontinued all together. Do you still receive it online?

This is the link where I got my information.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/258294/1333946.aspx

Archived