clueless2

Photos from recent Golden Princess Hawaii cruise

Thanks for sharing, have been there for a week before but we are going back on cruise in March 2014

Thanks for sharing, have been there for a week before but we are going back on cruise in March 2014

Elua, a great musical duo, will be on the Star Princess then. They really help make it a Hawaiian experience.:)

Clueless2 can I ask how it was the first couple days going over, some say it is rough waters, my wife gets seasick easy, just wondering how it was

Clueless2 can I ask how it was the first couple days going over, some say it is rough waters, my wife gets seasick easy, just wondering how it was

I was also on that cruise and the 2nd day away and from LA were the worst of the whole trip. the "half days" prior and after that were also kinda rocky as well, getting worst/better the closer to Hawaii and LA you got. The first formal night was one of the "peaks" of bad weather and at 5:30pm in Bernini dining room it was pretty barren, empty tables left and right. We heard from someone we met that room service around 6pm had a wait time of upwards of 90 minutes. There were barf bags hung around the garbage cans in the public spaces should you not be able to make it to a restroom.

While at Hula earlier that day Leialoha mentioned that although it was rough it had been worst a few cruises earlier in February where Hula lessons were performed in front of your chair so you had something to fall into, if you really lost your balance.

On the way back, in the same general location we had the same rough seas. Not the end of the world for me as sea sickness doesn't affect me but DW was quite adament about never doing a Trans-Ocean cruise again even with the seasickness patch, taking the green apples, ginger, and Gravol anti-nausea meds.

I have just started back posting the photos I took (Mainly of food) but the 4 port days in Hawaii will have more of our thoughts regarding the actual islands.(probably another week for me to sort and blog those items)

http://xltiny.blogspot.com

feel free to ask any questions you may have, we rented cars and traveled independently for this first trip to Hawaii.

Edited by xltiny

As xltiny said a couple of days were rough. The wind was 50mph and seas were 12 feet. I took the generic Bonine those two days as a precaution but had no problems.

Eula is great. I took the ukelala lessons and my wife the hula lessons and we both enjoyed them very much. Wife put together a couple of leis. Also enjoyed their performances.

Thanks much for the info, DW is the one to get sick and I was just going to fly in and do POA but she wanted to try the 14 days. I am sure I will have more questions later on.

Very nice job of posting your photos. I have a camera but never seem to remember to take pictures.

I was on the Golden in February and our seas were not as bad as December/January. Just got off the Sapphire to San Francisco and that passage was worse than going across the Pacific.

Renee (displaced local girl)