New Cagney's Menu

Tideone

For those wanting to know just exactly what their $30 will buy with the new Cagney's menu... here is what to expect...

Starters:

Beef Short Rib Confit

Lump Crab Salad

Chicken Drumsticks

Wagyu Beef Sliders

Shrimp Cocktail

Steakhouse Soup and Salads

Baked Potato Soup

Split Pea Soup

The Iceberg Wedge

Mexican Chopped Caesar

Grilled Beetroot and Red Shallots

Featured Selections

Smoked St. Louis Ribs

Braised Short Ribs

Broiled Chicken

Wagyu Beef Burger (12 0z.)

Grilled Classics

16 oz ribeye

18 oz. bone in ribeye

14 oz New York Strip

8 oz Filet Mignon

Grilled Bison Strip

Double cut Lamb chops

Sauces

Bearnaise, green peppercorn sauce, pink peppercorn and cream sauce, chimichurri and port wine au jus

Fisherman's Corner

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

Pan seared sea bass

Lobster tail and shrimp

Steakhouse sides

Baked Idaho Potato

Gratin Potatoes

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Orzo Pilaf

Mac n' cheese

Cagney Fries

Colossal Onion rings

creamed corn

roasted mushroom

steamed broccoli

bean chili casserole with bacon

green beans

cole slaw

Desserts

Raspberry Creme Brule

Oreo Cheesecake

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Macadamia Nut Ice cream sandwich

Citrus fruit salad

Warm apple cardamon crisp

For those wanting to know just exactly what their $30 will buy with the new Cagney's menu... here is what to expect...

Starters:

Beef Short Rib Confit

Lump Crab Salad

Chicken Drumsticks

Wagyu Beef Sliders

Shrimp Cocktail

Steakhouse Soup and Salads

Baked Potato Soup

Split Pea Soup

The Iceberg Wedge

Mexican Chopped Caesar

Grilled Beetroot and Red Shallots

Featured Selections

Smoked St. Louis Ribs

Braised Short Ribs

Broiled Chicken

Wagyu Beef Burger (12 0z.)

Grilled Classics

16 oz ribeye

18 oz. bone in ribeye

14 oz New York Strip

8 oz Filet Mignon

Grilled Bison Strip

Double cut Lamb chops

Sauces

Bearnaise, green peppercorn sauce, pink peppercorn and cream sauce, chimichurri and port wine au jus

Fisherman's Corner

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

Pan seared sea bass

Lobster tail and shrimp

Steakhouse sides

Baked Idaho Potato

Gratin Potatoes

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Orzo Pilaf

Mac n' cheese

Cagney Fries

Colossal Onion rings

creamed corn

roasted mushroom

steamed broccoli

bean chili casserole with bacon

green beans

cole slaw

Desserts

Raspberry Creme Brule

Oreo Cheesecake

Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Macadamia Nut Ice cream sandwich

Citrus fruit salad

Warm apple cardamon crisp

Sound yummy

Suzanne

Is this the complete menu? No Prime Rib at a steak house? No more crabcakes? The two things that I went to Cagney's for. Very disappointing.

Yes, this is the complete menu... and there is no more prime rib or crab cakes. Hopefully, there will be enough complaints to NCL for them to see the error of their ways and bring these two items back, along with the chopped salad and oysters

Lobster Bisque is gone too. :( I know it was a favorite of many.

Perhaps so, but personally I hated it...more tomato bisque with a bit of lobster.

On the other hand, I don't read any Upcharge Items here...so the Lobster Tail is the same...wonder if this is for the usual unlimited aps, soups, salads and desserts but just the one entree? :D

Perhaps so, but personally I hated it...more tomato bisque with a bit of lobster.

On the other hand, I don't read any Upcharge Items here...so the Lobster Tail is the same...wonder if this is for the usual unlimited aps, soups, salads and desserts but just the one entree? :D

I was told just one entree per person... no more surf and turf

They took away all the foods I always order and raised the price $5 bucks

Oysters Rockerfeller, chopped salad, crab cakes , lobster bisque and Prime Rib no longer eating there for dinner

Suzanne

They probably took your items into consideration and just wanted you to branch out and try some other items. LOL!

I personally am so extremely happy about the new menu!!! :) :) :)

I do not eat seafood and the old menu had almost exclusively seafood as appetizers so this is a huge improvement. The only thing I'm going to miss is asparagus but I can live without it. :D

Now I do hope that they still let you upgrade your filet mignon (or any other meat dish) with a lobster tail. Additional cost, of course. :)

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

I hate to say it but I was RIGHT again. The menu is to keep up with pricing and not offering bigger or better entres. No more 10 oz filet. No more porterhouse, etc. I also think the revamped La Cucina menu was subpar to the original menu. Of course I will still eat there and Cagneys is always a favorite. But boy was I attacked here for suggesting this earlier. :) EVERYTHING today is about saving money! NCL charges you $5 more for 2 oz less filet.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by david_sobe

I personally am so extremely happy about the new menu!!! :) :) :)

I do not eat seafood and the old menu had almost exclusively seafood as appetizers so this is a huge improvement. The only thing I'm going to miss is asparagus but I can live without it. :D

Now I do hope that they still let you upgrade your filet mignon (or any other meat dish) with a lobster tail. Additional cost, of course. :)

No they said no more surf and turf my friend got the info Onboard last week

Suzanne

Anyone know if there were changes to the breakfast and lunch menus?? If there are no more crab cakes.....will there be crab cakes Benedict? They already took away my favorite tuna burger for lunch.....if they take away the crab cakes Benedict, I may reconsider my future bookings in full suites....:(

I guess I will just pay $5 more and get a prime grade Delmonico at Blue.

Wishful thinking they would finally go to prime at Cagney's :mad:

Amen to that! I have always found Cagney's to be lacking in true quality - more of a general menu to please the masses. Looks like the changes have moved them further in that direction. Even the oysters (my favorite in the past) had declined significantly on my last few cruises. Blue looks pretty great to me though!

Robin

Anyone know if there were changes to the breakfast and lunch menus?? If there are no more crab cakes.....will there be crab cakes Benedict? They already took away my favorite tuna burger for lunch.....if they take away the crab cakes Benedict, I may reconsider my future bookings in full suites....:(

That grilled ahi burger was the best. I may be mistaken but the substituted, and likely more bottom-line friendly, swordfish would seem to have higher mercury counts...limits the amount of times I can enjoy a delectable finned filet sandwich.

Edited by kcfoxy

My parents are on the Dawn today having lunch in Cagney's and I texted him asking if there was any changes to the lunch menu...he texted me back telling me the steak is bigger black angus and a free drink with the steak but only on embarkation day.

Amen to that! I have always found Cagney's to be lacking in true quality - more of a general menu to please the masses. Looks like the changes have moved them further in that direction. Even the oysters (my favorite in the past) had declined significantly on my last few cruises. Blue looks pretty great to me though!

Robin

I am inclined to agree considering the inclusion of drumsticks, the iceberg lettuce wedge, and maybe the mac 'n cheese. Not sure a bean chili casserole with bacon and cole slaw belong in a specialty restaurant. I love Mexican chopped salad but not when I am in a steakhouse. What about a classic caesar? Of course, I will reserve judgement until I try it but having experienced the steakhouse on Princess and the fantastic world class cuisine in Celebrity's Olympic restaurant, this menu leaves a lot to be desired. But on the positive side, there is enough on the menu to choose that looks good and hopefully, it will be prepared well. Definitely worth a try but the "Specialty" factor is reduced by the inclusion of some ho hum items and lack of special items like the crab and oysters you repeat cruisers say you miss.

Far from an upscale steakhouse menu--choice of types of steaks is poor--appetizers poor--side dishes do not include any of the traditional steak house favorites---salad choices poor--mexican ceasar?? what?????Mac and Cheese--

chicken drumsticks???? BBQ Ribs?????? Pub food.

This menu is more like a pub menu from New York city---come on NCL--you promised enhancements not down grades in the menu--not worth $30 per person in my opinion. I guess we will take Cagney's off the list-----

I can not believe a steakhouse without prime rib.

BG