Satellite Radio: Anyone use this on a cruise ship yet?

OHCruiser

We just activated our XM2GO satellite radio and we are hooked on listening to our hometown baseball team--the Indians--while traveling out of normal broadcast range. It's been great!:D

We're going on the Carnival Triumph to Canada on 8/13 and we're hoping that we can use the device while on that trip. Has anyone else tried this? The home unit has to plug into the TV or stereo system, so we'd need to be able to get to the jacks on the TV, I suppose.:confused:

Thanks!

I am planning to take my Sirius on a Canada/NE cruise this fall. I called Sirius and they weren't sure it would work up in Canada but should work through Maine waters at least.

The satellites (XM and Sirius) are more or less over Nebraska so you might need exposure to the southwest. Does your XM to go work indoors? With all the steel on the ship, you may need to be outside anyway.

OHCruiser: I'm not sure if you will get coverage that far NE, but here is a website where you might be able to get a good answer to your question:

www.XMFan.com I think you will need to be outside, or on a verandah with a view to the easternmost XM satellite even if your ship is within the "footprint" in order to get decent reception.

I really like my Roady2 and XM! Let us know how it works!

Archived