mort1305

Sky Suite 6145 Millennium

Has anyone stayed in Sky Suite 6145 on the Millennium. Is the cabin roomy and is the balcony a good size. If you have any photos of this stateroom I would love to see them. Thanks in advance.

We stayed in 6146 on the Summit which is the companion stateroom to 6145.

If the Millennium is like the Summit (and it should be), the room is nice. The best part for us was the bathroom. Roomy with double sinks. The balcony was a nice size. Being that these rooms connect to the Penthouse, you should have good staff. We found that some noise filtered through the adjoining door (it is in the room of your suite) but not enough to deter us from booking again.

Sorry, I do not have pictures available.

we were in the penthouse next to the cabin you have in question. We were concerned when playing the piano it may distrub your cabin, we never had a complaint. FYI

Edited by nursebob

We were in 6145 and loved it. Our butler was awesome. The decor was more subdued rather than the standard sky suite. Because it can connect to penthouse suite I guess. We did feel a lot of motion though. As for noise, we only heard the piano when it was playing, but no voices.

Edited by Jeano222

We stayed in 6146 on the Summit which is the companion stateroom to 6145.

If the Millennium is like the Summit (and it should be), the room is nice. The best part for us was the bathroom. Roomy with double sinks. The balcony was a nice size. Being that these rooms connect to the Penthouse, you should have good staff. We found that some noise filtered through the adjoining door (it is in the room of your suite) but not enough to deter us from booking again.

Sorry, I do not have pictures available.

Ditto! It was great.

Stayed in 6145 on Summit pre-Solsticization and have photos in the link below (next to Summit, Dec. 2010). I have also seen pictures posted of the suite after the upgrade and they really didn't change much...a fantastic large suite with an amazing bathroom. You are lucky to get it....enjoy!

We stayed in 6145 on Millennium southbound in Alaska in May of 2011 (pre-Solsticization) and will be in the same room on the same itinerary this June. That might be a sign we liked it :)

Here are pictures of 6145 from our 2011 trip. Again, disregard the decor since I am sure it has changed after the refurbishment (and I hope they fixed the leak in the shower that was making the carpet damp, too!).

We found the cabin to be quite roomy, accommodating eight people for socializing. The balcony is spacious and comfortable, but it does have the downside of not having any cover at all. While this wasn't a great problem on the exceptionally sunny and warm-ish trip we had in Alaska in 2011, I'm not sure how enthused I would be about this on an itinerary with harsh, direct sun. Also, there is really no privacy to speak of on the balcony.

We never heard our neighbors in the Penthouse, though they were very friendly and kind enough to let us in and see their lovely digs. The room is at the very end of the hall, so no one is likely to be making a lot of noise outside your door, either. We had friends staying in the Concierge Class cabin next door (6143) and were able to open the partition on our balconies so we had one long balcony, all the more fun to enjoy with friends during the spectacular pass by Hubbard Glacier that we enjoyed!

Hope this helps!

The only other downside of this cabin if I can remember is that the closet space is much smaller then a regular sky suite. Also, it does not have slider doors to access the balcony, its a door with a handle, so I dont think it lets in as much light as a slider.

Someone will correct if I am wrong.

Thank you ALL so much for the info and photos it looks like we are going to enjoy this stateroom. Again many thanks.

As for noise, we only heard the piano when it was playing, but no voices.

Maybe Bob doesn't sing. :D

I know that pre-Solsticzation, 6145/6146 on Millie had no roof covering on the balcony (the other M-class ships do). Does anyone know if a roof was added to cover the balcony during the refurbishment?

I know that pre-Solsticzation, 6145/6146 on Millie had no roof covering on the balcony (the other M-class ships do). Does anyone know if a roof was added to cover the balcony during the refurbishment?

Although I'll be able to say with certainty in two weeks (:D) based on this photo taken in October 2012, no roof or covering was been added in the refurbishment.

Although I'll be able to say with certainty in two weeks (:D) based on this photo taken in October 2012, no roof or covering was been added in the refurbishment.

Thanks for the update and have a great cruise! :)

It definitely has some covering on the balcony, at least as of January 2013 it did. There is, however, a hole at one end where a ladder goes up the side of the ship. If you are looking down from the seating outside the buffet you can see down the hole but the rest is covered. It is some type of canvas/material covering.

Edited by tfrcal

We just got back from our southbound Alaska cruise (28 June 2013 Seward departure) and I can say with certainty that there is no covering over the balcony of 6145. As a matter of fact, there were very few changes made to the room at all, aside from perhaps some new linens. The bathtub still leaks into the hallway carpet when used, too, unfortunately.

Hi Duncan

Thanks for your feedback. Apart from the leaking tub, did you enjoy the room as much the 2nd time round? You mentioned a lack of privacy, is this a result of the lack of a covering for the balcony? What is above?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Apart from the leaking tub, did you enjoy the room as much the 2nd time round?

Oh, we very much did! The room is spacious enough for a Sky Suite, and we comfortably had all of our group of 16 in the room and on the balcony for a little party as we sailed down the Inside Passage (and we even had a marriage proposal on the balcony!). :)

You mentioned a lack of privacy, is this a result of the lack of a covering for the balcony? What is above?
The lack of privacy is definitely due to no cover on the balcony. Here is a photo taken looking straight up from the balcony of 6145.

IMG_1547.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w4fzuc1yvdemqf/IMG_1547.JPG

The railing that you see above is the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10, at the aft of the ship. As you can see, there's is pretty much nothing at all over the 6145 balcony.

I hope this helps!