Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LauraS

*Pride of America Virtual Cruise - Starts Mon 6/20

Ah, home sweet home -- thanks to everyone for following along on my journey!

Bankofdad ... you ask great questions! There is soft service ice cream in the Aloha Cafe -- not sure if it is 24 hours, but the hours are pretty extensive if not. Usually chocolate/strawberry or chocolate/vanilla.

No bar menu in the Saloon, but it is just off the Aloha Cafe so you can bring plates in with you, and occassionally they bring up soft pretzels from the galley.

I'll find out for you about the balcony dividers ... I think they open up, but I didn't try it with mine since I had neighbors I didn't know on the other side!

Captain's Quarters ... great meeting you, too!

It was an honor to meet a real live person from Cruise Critic Headquarters. I want your job. ;) I never regretted not getting off the ship in the ports. I was treated like a celebrity the whole week. Gotta love the Cosmos in the Gold Rush Saloon.:D At least one member from my family was on Live with Regis and Kelly the entire week. Our team came in fourth in the family competition for the free cruise for 5 to Hawaii. But that was OK since it left us free to kick back and enjoy the rest of the cruise. I used some of my Spa Package I won on the show to have my hair cut and highlighted by Joseph. It is the best cut I've had in a long time. I told Joseph I'll have to book a cruise every six weeks for touch ups. The ship is beautiful. We had a blast. Now Brian and I are looking forward to our cruise on the NCL Sun in December. Hope to meet up with you again one day.

Your Cruising Buddy,

Mimi

Thanks again Melissa!

Looks like we're going to sail on POAmerica twice. After seeing the pictures and reading the info that's out there, we changed our plans and will be sailing on her in October (just DW & I) and again in June (family trip). Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions!

NIYA305 those are great pics! All of mine would have family members all over them. You captured just about every inch of the ship. Thanks.

Mimi