Cruise review POA April 6

mellowrose

Thanks for your info, great reading!! We are sailing on the 7th Sept 2013 cruise, travelling from Australia. Is it necessary to book onshore tours in advance?? Looking forward to the trip!! Cheers....Sandra

Aussiegirl58, no we didn't eat there, honestly we just bumped into the park bench and said Oh Yeah! This is that place I heard about!

Densandy, I would book with Marylou in advance because she has a small van.The Valley Isle was a bigger van but full up too.

Roberts was a mistake to book their transportation and although they are cheaper with their tours, they use the mega buses which are just not as much fun. They can't get to some of the attractions because they are so huge.

Definately book Pearl Harbour if you think you want to see it.

Thank you Mellowrose. We did go to Kee beach, or the "end of the road beach", but did not get up on the Na Pali trail. Will definitely have to do that.

On the way to Kee, there was a fantastic restaurant that backed up onto the beach. Just wondered if it was still there. We stayed at an RCI condo also and it was wonderful. Beautiful mountain views. This is making me remember how wonderful the Princeville area was. Looks like it may be back to Princeville for us after POA!

Punkincc, I would go back there againfor sure! The mountain views were wonderful and there was a ribbon of waterfall that must have been 300 feet long you could see on the mountain.

We went to the Fish Market on Hanalai and had a great meal. That is right in the little town.

If you get a chance, go to the National Botanical Garden, very close to Kee Beach. Free parking, nominal entrance fee. Limahuli Gardens it is called. They have created a one of a kind endangered species garden to try to preserve the original species. Some are down to the one plant! We had no idea that 99% of the plants we love to see in Hawaii are imported and many are invasive.

IMG_0503-M.jpg

IMG_0509-M.jpg

Another really good place to eat in Princeville is the country/golf club. It's on the road into town. It was closed for golfing when we were there a couple of years ago, but the restaurant was open. Very good food and drinks and not too badly priced. They may also have a Sunday brunch. Beautiful grounds and views from the restaurant.

Thank you so much for posting this review and photos - we are enjoying it. We are considering booking POA for June 2014 so are reading up on others' experiences. Looking forward to the rest.

P.S. - I would love to see more pictures from inside the ship if have them. It was good to see a peek of the cabin.

We went back to stay another few days in Waikiki at the end of our 3 weeks.

IMG_4850-M.jpg

Bunked at the Aston Waikiki Sunset. A 3 star, good and clean. Two blocks from the beach and close to the Zoo. I would stay there again.

IMG_4845-M.jpg

IMG_0606-M.jpg

This is a view from the balcony, (zoomed in)

IMG_4842-M.jpg

A big thank you to CC for all the tips and advice that helped make our trip special. Seeing the Hawaiian Islands by P.O.A. was a wonderful way to get a taste of where we want to go next go to in Hawaii. Mahalo!

IMG_0522-M.jpg

Mellowrose, yes, we are staying at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach for a couple of days before the cruise. Aft balcony cabin on POA. Rental cars in Maui, Kauai. Snorkeling with Zodiac. Helicopter tour with Blue Hawaii. Feast at Lele. Lots of fun things planned.

Thanks for all the pics and good advice. I've started packing!

Jennifer

Archived