Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Hi There!

Please continue your bid discussions here.

The last few winning bids:

lastminutemama:

Day of bid Weston beach resort $100. Cheapest online was 215+ fees so I'm happy with it

Rocketlady

bids

I think the best advice for priceline or any other source is to go for the 4 or 5 star hotels and bid. We got the Westin for $100. I should of bid lower but didn't. We got a beautiful room and we felt safe. We had to pay for a taxi to

the ship but it beats waiting on shuttles. You end up stopping at every hotel on the way. And when we got off the ship one year it took over 2 hours to get the shuttle to go for a five min. trip to the airport.

Important to me was the safety and close to things to see and do the day before we left for the ship. Weston was on the ocean side and walking distance

to go shopping and find other places to eat at.

Jayfo

Again!

Thought I would try my luck for my other upcoming cruise and hit the Sheraton Beach Ft. Lauderdale again on PL.

4*, Beach Zone

Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 one night

Bid $70 accepted on the first try.

Jayfo

4* Sheraton Ft Lauderdale

8/23/13, Friday, one night

Started at 4 * $70 beach zone, rejected. Rebid $72, kept my bidding at 4* but added other 3* areas. Rejected again, jumped up my rebid to $80.

Won the Sheraton. I had a backup reservation at Bahia Mar for $138 a night I'll be canceling now so I'm pretty pleased. I was hoping for Hyatt Pier 66 again but I'll try this & see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Minute Travel (similar to Hotwire)

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

$99.62 including taxes and fees

10/25/13 for 1 night

I have stayed there pre-cruise before, very close to airport and Port Everglades

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is a 5 minute walk away and very good.

Need advice on how to win this hotel for a pre-cruise stay in Nov., 2013. I have used Priceline once in the past and can't recall what area(s) and what star-rating to use. Also, what would be a good starting bid.

I really enjoyed this hotel and would like to stay there again, and don't want to chance not getting it.

Any advice?

Thanks

What is the secret hotwire rate?

That's the rate where they don't show you the hotel only the area (like Priceline); once you purchase it you find out where we are. I really wanted to be on the strip but this was the chance I took.

I do however have an issue with this hotel being considered in the "beach zone" as it is a mile from the beach!

We got the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn for $85 for one night precruise Jan 31/14 and the Renaissance at Port Everglades for $89/night for 2 nights post cruise . Not bad I think. What say you?

Edited by Arrow Fan

Has anyone bid on three rooms to also include cruise parking? I've done one room, read some of you did 2 rooms.................just curious if there is a limit on number of rooms and secondly if anyone needed parking too? :)

(Figured great, no airfare this time but turning out to be more of a hassle!)

Have had good luck with Travelocity top secret hotels and thought I give it, Priceline & Hotwire a go for a one night Dec 8th stay prior to Dec 9th departure.

I don't know what area to specify to have a shot at being closer to the port. Can you help?

Thought close to port would be better to keep taxi to port reasonable. From reading here, It seems the shuttle can crowded and slow. With a Monday departure, would the shuttles be less crowded/quicker than weekends?

Thanks!