Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CC Help Jenn

Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

Recommended Posts

Six cent room? Yup, we booked in August at the Ft. Lauderdale Renaissance. The rate was $327, however, if you got a new Marriott chage card you would get a $200 credit that appeared after an initial use and waiting period. We got the card,  bought a few groceries, then waited for the credit to appear a couple months later. It did.

One week before our Jan. 13 sailing, we got a notice that the hotel was overbooked and they would help us find another hotel. No thanks, I’ll get my own.

Embassy Suites had one for $254 including all taxes, so we booked it one week before sailing. When we arrived around check in time at 4pm, they said the room was not ready. Many of us had to wait for the rooms to be available.

At check out this morning, I politely mentioned about the one hour wait. They credited fifty dollars toward the room and the total was $200.06. It went on the Marriott card which was still carrying our $200 credit. Our bill will be for six cents. I can live with that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jayarrG7 said:

Six cent room? Yup, we booked in August at the Ft. Lauderdale Renaissance. The rate was $327, however, if you got a new Marriott chage card you would get a $200 credit that appeared after an initial use and waiting period. We got the card,  bought a few groceries, then waited for the credit to appear a couple months later. It did.

One week before our Jan. 13 sailing, we got a notice that the hotel was overbooked and they would help us find another hotel. No thanks, I’ll get my own.

Embassy Suites had one for $254 including all taxes, so we booked it one week before sailing. When we arrived around check in time at 4pm, they said the room was not ready. Many of us had to wait for the rooms to be available.

At check out this morning, I politely mentioned about the one hour wait. They credited fifty dollars toward the room and the total was $200.06. It went on the Marriott card which was still carrying our $200 credit. Our bill will be for six cents. I can live with that.

 

 

Maybe if your balance is just six cents, they'll even forgive that and you'll have gotten your room for free. Just my two cents worth! Always happy to see someone get a true bargain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 7:02 AM, SNJCruisers said:

What was the date?  Was it Hotwire or Priceline? Was it a bid? These are details that are needed.  Your posting is worthless without them.

Your points are valid but it could have been said in a nicer way 🙂

Edited by B and B Rookie Cannucks
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 1:29 AM, constable145 said:

I may be late to the party, but I got 2 rooms at the Four Points air/cruise port in Fort Lauderdale for 130 USD per room... expedia has them now for 294 USD each... I think I did ok..

I have booked this hotel for our pre-cruise 1/30/20.  How was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone get bids for Feb 14 2020 out of Port Everglades...I wasn't planning this cruise the best for the night before hotel.  So I am gonna try Priceline for the first time any thoughts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sj25 said:

Anyone get bids for Feb 14 2020 out of Port Everglades...I wasn't planning this cruise the best for the night before hotel.  So I am gonna try Priceline for the first time any thoughts!

I am sure you know that is high season! I always check booking.com and LMT!  .BTW we like Best western Oceanside. Used to do priceline and hotwire  getting to old for that ...lol Don't know where you will land. At Best Western you have the ocean right there,the trolley, and a decent breakfast!

 Good luck! 🙂

 

Edited by Reader0108598

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

I am sure you know that is high season! I always check booking.com and LMT!  .BTW we like Best western Oceanside. Used to do priceline and hotwire  getting to old for that ...lol Don't know where you will land. At Best Western you have the ocean right there,the trolley, and a decent breakfast!

 Good luck! 🙂

 

We are staying next store at the B. How do you get on the Trolley and does it take you Hooters and the market place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Sass4 said:

We are staying next store at the B. How do you get on the Trolley and does it take you Hooters and the market place?

Great place also🙂 cross the street stand at the bus stop! Look up sun trolley! Sometimes use Uber always have luck with them! Not sure if it takes you to Hooters we usually just go to publix pick up supplies or head further down the road for a beer...hey we are on vacation...lol Sorry to say hate taxi's down there but love Uber just one jerk but most people are great! We had one lady took us to the airport like at 5:00 AM my husband tried to grab the luggage she insisted that was her job and hauled those bags out in one pull! We are getting older and really appreciated her.

We have stayed at the old sheraton many times ...... We like the oceanside now for price rooms and Breakfast 🙂

 

 

 

Edited by Reader0108598

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You just have to stand on the sidewalk and wave to the trolley drive to stop.  I tell the driver where I want to go and they stop there.  Always ask when the last trolley is.  In January and March 2019, the last trolley was 5pm and they stopped and let everyone one off where ever the trolley was at 5pm.  The cost for a single trip -$1.00/adult, child and $0.50 or $3.00/adult, child, senior all day.  

 

www.suntrolley.com

Edited by phabric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

I am sure you know that is high season! I always check booking.com and LMT!  .BTW we like Best western Oceanside. Used to do priceline and hotwire  getting to old for that ...lol Don't know where you will land. At Best Western you have the ocean right there,the trolley, and a decent breakfast!

 Good luck! 🙂

 

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Celebrity Edge in Europe Sweepstakes
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...