Cruise Critic Community
Welovetokruze

All things grandeur of the seas

We are so glad the Grandeur is coming back to Balto. Lets keep this thread going for all items for the Grandeur.This will be our 6th trip on her and each one is a little better than the previous one. :D

Soon as we get back, I will post a review. Should be June 1 or 2

I'll look forward to reading your review. We sail on Grandeur 8/23....can't wait!!!

Sailing on the Grandeur for 3 weeks in June - can't wait!!! I've sailed on the Grandeur once, but this was when it was docked in Norfolk and before the refurb.

Can't wait until someone starts posting reviews of the ship :)

Thanks for the photo link - the ship looks great!

Edited by dwdwnurse

Has anyone ever watched Enchantment (now it will be Grandeur) go under the Bay Bridge from a spot on-land? Where did you stand? I'm thinking about watching Grandeur go under the bridge this Friday on her first sailing from Baltimore.

Looking forward to the reviews as well - we're sailing on May 24- will do our best to post reviews when we return. Those going before us- please post something when you return- would love to know the entertainment schedule, formal night(s) menus etc. Can't wait!

Nancy

Has anyone ever watched Enchantment (now it will be Grandeur) go under the Bay Bridge from a spot on-land? Where did you stand? I'm thinking about watching Grandeur go under the bridge this Friday on her first sailing from Baltimore.

There are probably better places, and many that I don't know of. But I have watched from Hemingway's (not a great view). Also, Ft Armistead park by the Key Bridge. Seems to me that Sandy Point would have a great view, but I have yet to be there when the ship is going by.

Thanks Welovetokruze...Great pictures. My daughter and I will be sailing Grandeur stateroom # 7150 in December. Important question for you....Does this stateroom have the walk-in closet? Thanks...:)

Does anyone know if the Grandeur has an outdoor seating area connected to the Windjammer? I always like to get breakfast at the WJ and sit outside with it. I can't tell from the deck plans. Thanks!

May 24th for us too! can't wait...just realized I better start getting ready!!!

This lovely lady will always have a special place in my heart. My first cruise was onboard the Grandeur. She is a beautiful ship and I cannot wait to sail on her now that she has been refurbished.

We have a cruise booked on this ship & are very excited! Easy drive to Baltimore, no need to fly! Those of you who have already been on Grandeur, can you tell me anything about movement of the ship? Obviously, when the seas are rough, I know there will be movement, but otherwise - what did you think? Did you find her to be smooth sailing? I ask as I know she is smaller than other ships I have been on & I am curious. Thanks so much!

Does anyone know if the Grandeur has an outdoor seating area connected to the Windjammer? I always like to get breakfast at the WJ and sit outside with it. I can't tell from the deck plans. Thanks!

:D Last time we were on, there is an area that is under cover ,immediately in back of the Windjammer (towards the stern) that can seat 100-150 people.It is an open area with a roof. :D

The local news is showing the Grandeur making her way into Baltimore. :)

Looks good.

Nov. 16, here we come. :)