When is your favorite time of year to go to Alaska and why?

RandyinDEN

Thanks for the suggestions, I booked the trip this morning for June 2 on the Oosterdam. Hopefully this will be the first of many Alaska adventures. Guess I need to look at booking the 14 day Alaska cruise for 2014 while on board....

I wonder what my wife will say when I gently tell her at dinner that we are going on a cruise in 4 weeks for our 1 year Anniversary.

I already booked LeCirque and a couple of other nights in the Pinnacle, now I need to book some excursions.

Thanks all for your help, this is why I love CC

Congratulations!

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend your first anniversary!!

I am sure your wife will be thrilled and may tell you she needs to go shopping..... ;):D

I been twice in May and twice in July. I think I enjoyed the times that I went in May better than the July trips. When I think of Alaska, I think of snow and we did get to see snow on both trips in May. The next time I go I think I would like to go late in the season just to see an even greater difference.

As you can tell from all the responses, the weather will be whatever Mother Nature chooses. I've done June, July, August and Sept and had just about every kind of weather possible from 76 and sunny (in Ketchikan-go figure) to sleet and snow while glacier viewing and one of the biggest wind storms leaving Ketchikan heading back to Seattle. Just wear layers and have a wonderful time. And do book the 14 day trip for next year; I've done it twice and it's fantastic.

St. Louis Sal

Archived