Cruise Terminal in Puerto Penasco?

ssawjo

I guess our experiences are just different. All I know is that whenever a friend or family member comes to visit from Mexico, the first place they want to visit are the malls to buy things to take home complaining about Mexican prices.

I also haven't had your experience purchasing non-Mexican brands at US prices. Too me, it always seems the price is at least 30-40%+ higher. Maybe I just don't know where to go and shop.

However, my key reason for discussing Mexican prices relates to the unlikelihood of a cruise terminal in Puerto Penasco being a viable home port for cruise ships.

Carnival (CCL) which is the largest and most successful cruise line in the world seems to have a different opinion of the viability of Rocky Point as a cruise terminal. They have the resources to work out the transportation and supply problems that seem to loom large to you.

Edited by swedish weave

Carnival (CCL) which is the largest and most successful cruise line in the world seems to have a different opinion of the viability of Rocky Point as a cruise terminal. They have the resources to work out the transportation and supply problems that seem to loom large to you.

To be honest, I would like nothing more to be wrong in this situation. Being able to cruise the Sea of Cortes does indeed make for an interesting new itinerary. That is truly the big plus for the project. The Sea of Cortes is more interesting than the Pacific Ocean side of Baja.

I just think getting sufficient passengers to the port is going to be hard one to finesse for the foreseeable future. I also think costs of turning the ship will turn out to be higher than in LA. It's just my opinion and time will tell how soon this investment pays off.