LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Zuiderdam to Alaska (version 2013)

LAFFNVEGAS

Just snapped a couple snap shots of my ship with all our friends on board by now, preparing to stop in Vancouver in 3 days and a wake up to pick up more of their friends, me included:D:D

Zuiderdam and Summit in San Diego

Zuiderdam-and-Summit-SD-05-07-2013-1.jpg.ad16d63ef2a156cefc9042b9097d710f.jpg

Zuiderdam in San Diego

Zuiderdam-SD-05-07-2013-1.jpg.b8219c2eb75ac231578f50bbde438856.jpg

Joanie

Zuiderdam and Summit in San Diego

That would be Celebrity Solstice and Zuidy in San Diego. Celebrity Summit is in the North Atlantic doing 7-day Bermuda cruises from beautiful Bayonne, NJ

We are on the move. Here is a pic is dobiemom and me.[ATTACH]270473[/ATTACH]

Lisa, Marcia And Melodie!!!! Cannot wait to join you:)

Lisa, looks like you and I are possibly the shortest women around:)

EDITED TO ADD: Weather is looking great in Alaska Ports right now!! Just look at the Juneau Web Site. I believe it is Volendam

http://www.juneau.org/cam/largesouthcam.php

Joanie

We are on the move. Here is a pic is dobiemom and me.[ATTACH]270473[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the pic of you and dobiemom.:D

Nice to see two such helpful posters - I wish you all a wonderful cruise and of course, Bon Voyage:D

We are doing it again, we are repeating the exact same cruise we did last year by starting with the 4 day repositioning of the Zuiderdam sailing from San Diego to Vancouver with a Port stop in Victoria BC. Then continuing on sailing to Alaska for 7 days. The main reason for the repeat is that we really like Alaska and it is close to home to get to San Diego. The other nice thing is there are several that sailed with us last year that have rejoined, then there are several new CCers that were not sailing with us last year but we have had fun planning on the Roll Calls for the two cruises. The only unfortunate part is I was hoping that a good friend who works for HAL might again be on this sailing but I knew early on he would not but I learned a long time ago that one cannot plan cruises based on who will be on the ship.

I normally wait till we get to the airport to start the Live from but the picture from the web cam was Stunning! I also expected her to be docked on the other side so that the Solstice could dock but happy to see the Zuiderdam :cool:

I see that my Ship has arrived :)

1367913795142088.jpg

Lisa: I hope you and Tom have a wonderful cruise.

Himself

Roz, PathfinderEss and me

[ATTACH]270475[/ATTACH]

Wow! more great pics - thanks so much. Why were you afraid of not bringing your big girl camera?

Inquiring minds want to know - did you get the PS:D:p:confused:

Lisa, Marcia And Melodie!!!! Cannot wait to join you:)

Lisa, looks like you and I are possibly the shortest women around:)

EDITED TO ADD: Weather is looking great in Alaska Ports right now!! Just look at the Juneau Web Site. I believe it is Volendam

http://www.juneau.org/cam/largesouthcam.php

Joanie

I was wrong in my guessing that the Volendam was in Juneau today. It is Statendam and Zaandam that are there.

Joanie

Can't wait to read your Live From reports from the Zuiderdam. Please let us know how the travel is up the coast of CA. We will be on the Z for their final Alaska cruise of the season and will continue on to San Francisco. I have never been on this ship so if you have any tips to share they will be appreciated. Have a great vacation.

Tuesday May 7, 2013

Good Evening from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam.

We have finished dinner walked thru the shops and truly tied out hardest to find something to buy that was new and different from last year but no luck :(

But more about that later.

I have to admit I am exhausted, like normal of that night before we leave I did not sleep much last night and am looking forward to sleeping very well tonight.

Check in went fairly easy an we were on board quickly, although Pathfinderess aka Melodie was a bit upset se arrived after us but not much later and they closed down the separate check i line for 4 and 5 star Mariners and Suites. I do not blame her that should not have been shut down and they had just one line that they had to wait in. We did have the separate check in and funny I got in line and who is right in front of me but Roz from here on CC. We already know each other from last years cruise.

We went to our cabin dropped off our carryon and went to the Lido for lunch. As we find a table with plates in hand who do we see but a Wine Steward who remembers us by the name of Jay. We have cruised with him several times.

After lunch we went back to the cabin and our luggage arrived quite early so we got unpacked and settled in. Love these SY cabins we are in 6101 which is a good mid ship location. Life Boat drill was early at 2:15 and already at our same station was Melodie and Ron and Roz. Only those that boarded today had to take the Life Boat Drill.

We have a great table for two in the Main Dining Room table number 79 and our Servers is also quite good. The selections tonight were OK but nothing that was super great. Tom ended up ordering the NY Steak off the everyday menu and I had a pasta dish with Clams and Scallops.

Now about the shops, they are truly in a sad state. Other than a few Alaska items that are ever so slightly different looking than last year every single thing is exactly the same. Tom actually has every single one of the T shirts they are selling. Most of the items are the same exact things that were being sold 4 years ago. Any Hal cruiser that frequents the ships will definitely have a hard time to fine anything new to buy :(

I will confirm that the Internet cost is back to the way it use to be, the set up fee is $3.95 then the normal 4 plans. It has been a bit of a challenge to figure out getting to the log on with the iPad but think I have it now.

We are going to the Crow's Nest at 9 to meet up with some of the others from our Roll Call for the 4 night portion.

Everything seems to be running quite smoothly on board, and have not heard of any problems.

I am going to sign off for now and post this.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam

Archived