Cruise Critic Community
mtsnd1900

Webinar: Royal Caribbean Introduces Quantum of the Seas

So last week I received an invitation to join in a webinar to take place tonight with the topic being RC Introduces the Quantum. I replied and received my log on information for the event.

Anyone else receive this link / information / email?

Anyone partaking?

I do not think it is put on by RCI, but could be wrong. It is being hosted on GOTOMEETING. The invite came from "Marianne Hessler", which, someone by this name does have strong ties to Royal over the years.

No expectations of anything breaking, but will be interested to find out if it is a marketing ploy from some travel agent, an actual a fact based infomercial about the product, or spearfishing at its best.

So last week I received an invitation to join in a webinar to take place tonight with the topic being RC Introduces the Quantum. I replied and received my log on information for the event.

Anyone else receive this link / information / email?

Anyone partaking?

I do not think it is put on by RCI, but could be wrong. It is being hosted on GOTOMEETING. The invite came from "Marianne Hessler", which, someone by this name does have strong ties to Royal over the years.

No expectations of anything breaking, but will be interested to find out if it is a marketing ploy from some travel agent, an actual a fact based infomercial about the product, or spearfishing at its best.

So I take it you are not a TA? I'm sure there will be more postings on this.

I would like an invite too:(

GOTOMEETING is just the software application used to host webinars.

After I reread this ............ I was thinking it was the TA webinar on the 21st, but it doesn't sound like it. Probably as you say, marketing from a travel agent.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

I received the link from my TA. I'm not sure what to expect but it better be something more than what we already know. Two weeks out and no dates or prices??? Some people who are going to book early are going to need to talk to other people to make arrangements. It's time to get this information out. If anything interesting is said I will pass it along.

Marianne Hessler is the Business Development Manager with Royal Caribbean International and Azamara Club Cruises covering the Midwest Region.

Okay, just hung up on the conference, here is what I got out of it. It was a legit thing from Marianne Hessler, from Royals Business Development Office.

Note, my video feed did not work because of my physical location (work) and I knew that going in. I did get the audio feed, but joined in at about the 10 minute mark. Others may be able to give a little of what happened before I got on. She talked about the colors, wonderful layout, etc. Here were some of the takeaways:

1. Ship was designed for the colder weather with lots of indoor things, and more to be revealed (known). Included in this will be a large solerium under glass, which we all know, as well as an indoor pool under a retractable roof. It will be one of "4 pools" though did not say what the other "pools" were except to note the kids pool and outdoor pool.

2. Virtual balconies, (which will be on the Navigator come January along with Flowrider and cupcake place) are floor to ceiling with live feeds in HD of what is happening outside as if it were real. They also will have sound! Can turn on/off, or drape over.

3. New mattresses called the Royal King, which, if my notes are correct, will be 72.5x82, which are larger then normal and made for tall people.

4. Solo cabins will be 119SF, (Regular room +/- 170SF) some with balconies, some not, and can be booked w/ 2 people! First person pays the solo fair (not a 200% fee for these rooms, but a normal rate) and if a second person decides to join them, they will pay the reduced fair as if they are a 3rd/4th passenger in regular room; so it is a way of saving money if you do not mind the really small room - interesting way of making them available I thought.

5. The family room / suits/ multiple rooms joined together concept will be blocked off from public bookings and reserved for TAs to call in because of the limited amount of them and to ensure they go to the right people. Biggest will hold 10 pax.

6. will have 7,8,11,12 day schedules going all over the place, namely what they show online and did mention Samara, Dominican Republic, which I am not sure I saw on the agendas posted. Would not go into detail.

7. MAY 21 will release the itineraries; May 28th the Crown & Anchor can begin to book, with a public offering on June 4. No mention of level status having priority on the 28th.

Then started to go into new menus on all ships, current sale promotions, options out of Baltimore, etc. I hung up.

Hope this is of some interest...

Edited by mtsnd1900

Okay, just hung up on the conference, here is what I got out of it. It was a legit thing from Marianne Hessler, from Royals Business Development Office.

Note, my video feed did not work because of my physical location (work) and I knew that going in. I did get the audio feed, but joined in at about the 10 minute mark. Others may be able to give a little of what happened before I got on. She talked about the colors, wonderful layout, etc. Here were some of the takeaways:

1. Ship was designed for the colder weather with lots of indoor things, and more to be revealed (known). Included in this will be a large solerium under glass, which we all know, as well as an indoor pool under a retractable roof. It will be one of "4 pools" though did not say what the other "pools" were except to note the kids pool and outdoor pool.

2. Virtual balconies, (which will be on the Navigator come January along with Flowrider and cupcake place) are floor to ceiling with live feeds in HD of what is happening outside as if it were real. They also will have sound! Can turn on/off, or drape over.

3. New mattresses called the Royal King, which, if my notes are correct, will be 72.5x82, which are larger then normal and made for tall people.

4. Solo cabins will be 119SF, (Regular room +/- 170SF) some with balconies, some not, and can be booked w/ 2 people! First person pays the solo fair (not a 200% fee for these rooms, but a normal rate) and if a second person decides to join them, they will pay the reduced fair as if they are a 3rd/4th passenger in regular room; so it is a way of saving money if you do not mind the really small room - interesting way of making them available I thought.

5. The family room / suits/ multiple rooms joined together concept will be blocked off from public bookings and reserved for TAs to call in because of the limited amount of them and to ensure they go to the right people. Biggest will hold 10 pax.

6. will have 7,8,11,12 day schedules going all over the place, namely what they show online and did mention Samara, Dominican Republic, which I am not sure I saw on the agendas posted. Would not go into detail.

7. MAY 21 will release the itineraries; May 28th the Crown & Anchor can begin to book, with a public offering on June 4. No mention of level status having priority on the 28th.

Then started to go into new menus on all ships, current sale promotions, options out of Baltimore, etc. I hung up.

Hope this is of some interest...

Thank you! :D Did they mention when the next reveal will be?

Thanks for the info. Guess I should schedule an appointment with the next cruise office on the 22nd to learn about this info and buy some next cruise credits. Shame they aren't revealing prices. Going to make it really difficult to have to call and ask for the prices on 10 categories for multiple sailings in order to decide which sailings and categories are affordable enough.

Thanks for the info. Guess I should schedule an appointment with the next cruise office on the 22nd to learn about this info and buy some next cruise credits. Shame they aren't revealing prices. Going to make it really difficult to have to call and ask for the prices on 10 categories for multiple sailings in order to decide which sailings and categories are affordable enough.

The thing she did say a few times was how close the port is to New England and other states and people will be able to save on the airfare to make the cruise more affordable. I read this as saying they are going to rake me over the coals for a ship that I can drive to, blowing smoke and holding mirrors to blind me with the "no airfare" and hope I see it as the same price as flying to FL - Similar to what the NCL did to me with the Breakaway I have scheduled! If the Allure and Oasis brought in top dollar, this ship, with a NJ base, and longer sailings (8,10,11 day), Look out!

The thing she did say a few times was how close the port is to New England and other states and people will be able to save on the airfare to make the cruise more affordable. I read this as saying they are going to rake me over the coals for a ship that I can drive to, blowing smoke and holding mirrors to blind me with the "no airfare" and hope I see it as the same price as flying to FL - Similar to what the NCL did to me with the Breakaway I have scheduled! If the Allure and Oasis brought in top dollar, this ship, with a NJ base, and longer sailings (8,10,11 day), Look out!

That's my big fear..they will price me out of booking. Explorer always commanded high prices but not as high as Alure. Time will tell.

7. MAY 21 will release the itineraries; May 28th the Crown & Anchor can begin to book, with a public offering on June 4. No mention of level status having priority on the 28th

Thank you for all this info, in particular -

.4 - Solo cabins - bet these will be very hard to book but love the idea. I would guess that if there is going to be a second person in the cabin then they will have to share the bed as I don't think there would be space for the bed to become twin beds.

.5 - I hope they do stick to this blocking of cabins for those they are intended for. :D

.7 -This no mention of level status on May 28th really concerns me, it is going to be nuts/crazy if they do not stagger the levels.

I do hope they give prices on May 21st because if they don't then it will make it a hundred times harder on the 28th May trying to get booked if we do not know pricing.:eek:

Thank you for all this info, in particular -

.4 - Solo cabins - bet these will be very hard to book but love the idea. I would guess that if there is going to be a second person in the cabin then they will have to share the bed as I don't think there would be space for the bed to become twin beds.

.5 - I hope they do stick to this blocking of cabins for those they are intended for. :D

.7 -This no mention of level status on May 28th really concerns me, it is going to be nuts/crazy if they do not stagger the levels.

I do hope they give prices on May 21st because if they don't then it will make it a hundred times harder on the 28th May trying to get booked if we do not know pricing.:eek:

I so agree that releasing prices prior to 5/28 will eliminate jammed phone lines.

I so agree that releasing prices prior to 5/28 will eliminate jammed phone lines.

Maybe we should take bets on how long it will take for the phone lines and websites to crash on the 28th May :eek:

When booking opened for Oasis Inaugural it took some people a few hours to get booked...same thing happened recently when Oasis TAs/Europe opened for booking...and that was with staggered booking....the thought that all levels of C&A members can book Quantum on the same day...well that is stupid...sorry but words fail me on this. :(

Hopefully we have it wrong...maybe they were not clear in their wording :confused:

Just spoke with RCI and C&A and they know NOTHING on Quantum. Spoke with the TA this morning to confirm what I heard and now they are saying there will be more info on 5/21....will it be actual dates....who knows.

I really feel for the TA's. RCI is not building excitment they are building frustration right now. People need dates and rates to make decisions. If they weren't going to be ready with this info they should have delayed the booking date. And because there are 12 day, 11 day, 8 day, etc you can't even guess what is going on. I don't remember Oasis being like this and I booked during the C&A days.

God bless the TA's on this one.

Maybe we should take bets on how long it will take for the phone lines and websites to crash on the 28th May :eek:

When booking opened for Oasis Inaugural it took some people a few hours to get booked...same thing happened recently when Oasis TAs/Europe opened for booking...and that was with staggered booking....the thought that all levels of C&A members can book Quantum on the same day...well that is stupid...sorry but words fail me on this. :(

Hopefully we have it wrong...maybe they were not clear in their wording :confused:

I asked that question last night and was told ALL C&A will be able to book May 28th. RCI is asking for trouble on this one. Can you imagine how ticked the Diamond level and up and going to be. Prices were rising during the C&A booking period for Oasis. This is not as smooth as the Oasis launch was IMO.

I listened to this Webinar. To add to the great review, the Northstar will have a special sunrise and sunset package, as well as weddings and vow renewals.

The is no plan for the Viking Crown Lounge. The Broadway show question was avoided but we were told their would be plenty of surprises.

You can have one more in a studio who will be charged the 3rd or 4th person rate.

Most of the information was given during the main reveal. I would not anticipate any bargains for this ship

That's my big fear..they will price me out of booking. Explorer always commanded high prices but not as high as Alure. Time will tell.

On average, I think Quantum is going to be priced higher per day than any other RCI ship.

Looking forward to May 21st. I can't imagine that RCCL will open up bookings to every C&A member on the 28th, but you never know?

. . .

4. Solo cabins will be 119SF, . . .

For what it's worth, that is precisely the size of the interior cabins on Sovereign [Majesty being the only one left in the fleet] class ships if that gives you any basis for comparison.

Seems like some of you may not have seen this yet http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/6fd79369#/6fd79369/4

Between looking at this and listening to the initial talk in April the only thing I am waiting for is dates and cost.

We do have the dates (but no prices or exact itineraries) which are on Cruising Power (RCCL booking system for Travel agents) -

2nd Nov 2014 - 8 night Transatlantic from Southampton

18th Nov 2014 - 3 night Bahamas

21st Nov 2014 - 2 night Bahamas

23rd Nov 2014 – 8 night Bahamas

1st Dec 2014 – 11 night Southern Caribbean

12th Dec 2014 – 8 night Bahamas

20th Dec 2014 – 7 night Holiday sailing Bahamas

27th Dec 2014 – 7 night Holiday sailing Bahamas

3rd Jan 2015 – 8 night Eastern

11th Jan 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

23rd Jan 2015 – 10 night Eastern

2nd Feb 2015 – 11 night Eastern

13th Feb 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

20th Feb 2015 – 9 night Eastern

1st March 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

13th March 2015 – 8 night Bahamas

21st March 2015 – 8 night Eastern

29th March 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

5th April 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

12th April 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

24th April 2015 – 8 night Bahamas

Just spoke with RCI and C&A and they know NOTHING on Quantum. Spoke with the TA this morning to confirm what I heard and now they are saying there will be more info on 5/21....will it be actual dates....who knows.

I really feel for the TA's. RCI is not building excitment they are building frustration right now. People need dates and rates to make decisions. If they weren't going to be ready with this info they should have delayed the booking date. And because there are 12 day' date=' 11 day, 8 day, etc you can't even guess what is going on. I don't remember Oasis being like this and I booked during the C&A days.

God bless the TA's on this one.[/quote']What's there to be frustrated about? The dates & rates will probably be supplied on the 21st. The bookings will begin on the 28th for C&A and June 4th for the general. Seven days minimum isn't enough time to pick a date and cabin you want? Heck, NASA can send a man to the moon and back in that amount of time.;)

I think everything will be just fine for people who are relaxed, do their homework on the deck plans and have a list of cabins and dates they want when they call in their booking. It's a new ship but booking a cabin will be handled the same way as the rest of them. :)