Webinar: Royal Caribbean Introduces Quantum of the Seas

What's there to be frustrated about? The dates & rates will probably be supplied on the 21st. The bookings will begin on the 28th for C&A and June 4th for the general. Seven days minimum isn't enough time to pick a date and cabin you want? Heck, NASA can send a man to the moon and back in that amount of time.;)

I think everything will be just fine for people who are relaxed, do their homework on the deck plans and have a list of cabins and dates they want when they call in their booking. It's a new ship but booking a cabin will be handled the same way as the rest of them. :)

Like so many others here yes I do my homework on the deck plans...but even when calling to book just seconds after booking open you can hear the words..."sorry all cabins in that category have gone"...been there done that with Oasis Inaugural.

Let's not forget the prices rising possibly within a couple of hours and also trying to reserve a cabin before TAs block space etc.

So I can fully understand people getting frustrated here.

Have you ever booked a new ship on opening day?

What's there to be frustrated about? The dates & rates will probably be supplied on the 21st. The bookings will begin on the 28th for C&A and June 4th for the general. Seven days minimum isn't enough time to pick a date and cabin you want? Heck, NASA can send a man to the moon and back in that amount of time.;)

I think everything will be just fine for people who are relaxed, do their homework on the deck plans and have a list of cabins and dates they want when they call in their booking. It's a new ship but booking a cabin will be handled the same way as the rest of them. :)

I guess the frustrating thing for me is being told one thing and then being told something else.....like you won't have the price until May 28th when you call to book which makes no sense to me. Or that they don't have dates yet POOF they are provided to me by someone on this board. I am all about information so I can get my ducks in a row Grumpus :)

I have my cabins already picked out and now my dates :D Now it's all about the money honey. And just how bad can those rates be....I hope I am doing :) and not :eek: come May 28th.

Like so many others here yes I do my homework on the deck plans...but even when calling to book just seconds after booking open you can hear the words..."sorry all cabins in that category have gone"...been there done that with Oasis Inaugural.

Let's not forget the prices rising possibly within a couple of hours and also trying to reserve a cabin before TAs block space etc.

So I can fully understand people getting frustrated here.

What cat was gone - a suite? I book the Oasis inaugural too on the first day bookings were opened to Diamonds. I don't remember if that was the first or second day bookings started for Oasis. But I booked a D1 in the center of the hump. I had a list of 5 cabins I wanted but got the one first on the list. The whole booking process took maybe 15-minutes. A couple months later I cancelled that cruise for a B2B at a later date.

I remember ready the posts on Oasis's opening day and I was amazed at how prices increased within hours.

Can't wait to see if I will actually get through that morning or be on hold and how long that will take. Oh the anticipation :p

... I booked a D1 in the center of the hump...

This is funny, I still have the Booking confirmation Invoice. I booked the Oasis Inaugural sailing date (12 DEC 2009) on August 21, 2008. I'm not sure if that was the first day or not, but I think it was close. I wasn't a D1 I booked but cabin D8-7556 for $1699/pp, the lowest balcony category.

It will be interesting to see if the lowest balcony cat on QOS is higher or lower than Oasis inaugural's lowest balcony cat @ $1699.

I'm betting higher.;)

We do have the dates (but no prices or exact itineraries) which are on Cruising Power (RCCL booking system for Travel agents) -

2nd Nov 2014 - 8 night Transatlantic from Southampton

18th Nov 2014 - 3 night Bahamas

21st Nov 2014 - 2 night Bahamas

23rd Nov 2014 – 8 night Bahamas

1st Dec 2014 – 11 night Southern Caribbean

12th Dec 2014 – 8 night Bahamas

20th Dec 2014 – 7 night Holiday sailing Bahamas

27th Dec 2014 – 7 night Holiday sailing Bahamas

3rd Jan 2015 – 8 night Eastern

11th Jan 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

23rd Jan 2015 – 10 night Eastern

2nd Feb 2015 – 11 night Eastern

13th Feb 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

20th Feb 2015 – 9 night Eastern

1st March 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

13th March 2015 – 8 night Bahamas

21st March 2015 – 8 night Eastern

29th March 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

5th April 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

12th April 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

24th April 2015 – 8 night Bahamas

I want to make sure i'm reading this correct. So the 1st Quantum sailing will be a Transatlantic from Southampton? Is that the Inaugural Sailing?

I want to make sure i'm reading this correct. So the 1st Quantum sailing will be a Transatlantic from Southampton? Is that the Inaugural Sailing?

The sailing from Southampton is a Transatlantic Inaugural....they will still have an Inaugural from Bayonne after she is Named :D

Celebrity did the same thing last year with the Reflection...they had a European Inaugural and then a few sailings in Europe...then a Transatlantic Inaugural...then her Naming and finally US Inaugural from her homeport.

This is funny, I still have the Booking confirmation Invoice. I booked the Oasis Inaugural sailing date (12 DEC 2009) on August 21, 2008. I'm not sure if that was the first day or not, but I think it was close. I wasn't a D1 I booked but cabin D8-7556 for $1699/pp, the lowest balcony category.

It will be interesting to see if the lowest balcony cat on QOS is higher or lower than Oasis inaugural's lowest balcony cat @ $1699.

I'm betting higher.;)

We had 5 or 6 of us all on a chat online with our TA trying to get Oasis Inaugural booked. I was just going to book an inside cabin but they were all gone within minutes of booking opened. I ended up booking a D8...I think:confused:...it was so hectic & exciting I think I just said to my TA just pick a balcony and get me booked please LOL

That was on the first day..when Diamonds & DPlus could book.

I remember reading posts through the day where folks were saying it took some of them hours to get booked.:eek:

I hate to think what it would have been like if all levels could have booked on the same day.

I have no recollection on the price and quite surprised it was as high as you said :eek: Heck I better get saving now for QN Inaugural.

Um... how exactly do you do a 2 night Bahamas cruise from New Jersey? Is the ship going to be equipped with hyperdrive?

Lol it's too much gym, tan , laundry for them. It's frying their brains. Lmao. Obviously those cruises will probably leave from Miami, ft lauderdale or PC. I would say Miami since its their home port

Lol it's too much gym, tan , laundry for them. It's frying their brains. Lmao. Obviously those cruises will probably leave from Miami, ft lauderdale or PC. I would say Miami since its their home port

They leave from Bayonne -click on pic to make bigger

Quantum.jpg.e9bce6906e573d2384e1191570b45488.jpg

Maybe those first two cruises are cruises to nowhere (sort of like NCLA Breakaway just did out of NYC)? They may be listed as Bahamas just because they did not want to list them as going "Nowhere".

They leave from Bayonne -click on pic to make bigger

[ATTACH]271305[/ATTACH]

Then someone at RCI is seriously over-estimating the top speed of the ship if they think they are doing a 2 or 3 night Bahamas cruise. From Bayonne to Coca Cay is a little over 900 nautical miles. So 1800 nautical miles round trip.

A 2 night cruise would typically leave port at 5:00 PM on Day 1 and arrive back in port at 5:00 AM on day 3. That's 36 hours from cast off to arrival back in port.

A 3 night cruise would be away from port for 60 hours.

For a 2 night cruise she would have to average:

1800 nautical miles / 36 hours = 50 knots average speed

The ship would have to average 50 knots just to be able to wave at Coco Cay as she rounded her like a pylon and sped back to NJ. 50 knots is more than double the top speed of the ship.

Even a 3 night Bahamas cruise is not possible:

1800 nautical mile / 60 hours = 30 knots average speed

Then someone at RCI is seriously over-estimating the top speed of the ship if they think they are doing a 2 or 3 night Bahamas cruise. From Bayonne to Coca Cay is a little over 900 nautical miles. So 1800 nautical miles round trip.

A 2 night cruise would typically leave port at 5:00 PM on Day 1 and arrive back in port at 5:00 AM on day 3. That's 36 hours from cast off to arrival back in port.

A 3 night cruise would be away from port for 60 hours.

For a 2 night cruise she would have to average:

1800 nautical miles / 36 hours = 50 knots average speed

The ship would have to average 50 knots just to be able to wave at Coco Cay as she rounded her like a pylon and sped back to NJ. 50 knots is more than double the top speed of the ship.

Even a 3 night Bahamas cruise is not possible:

1800 nautical mile / 60 hours = 30 knots average speed

I was wondering the same thing? The timing doesn't sound right?

We had 5 or 6 of us all on a chat online with our TA trying to get Oasis Inaugural booked. I was just going to book an inside cabin but they were all gone within minutes of booking opened. I ended up booking a D8...I think:confused:...it was so hectic & exciting I think I just said to my TA just pick a balcony and get me booked please LOL

That was on the first day..when Diamonds & DPlus could book.

I remember reading posts through the day where folks were saying it took some of them hours to get booked.:eek:

I hate to think what it would have been like if all levels could have booked on the same day.

I have no recollection on the price and quite surprised it was as high as you said :eek: Heck I better get saving now for QN Inaugural.

After taxes, fuel supplement and Diamond balcony discount, the total for our D8 was $3,511.16 for the inaugural. That's almost as bad as a New Year's cruise.:eek: Probably why I switched to a B2B; figured if I'm going to spend that much, may as well be for 2-weeks.

Given the D8's we're $1,699/pp, I would suspect they will be at least that much for the Quantum inaugural. Better start saving.;)

Oasis-Inag_zps952122a0.jpg

UPDATED INFORMATION FROM WEBINAR

So, I received a "thank you for participating" email from the Marianne Hessler yesterday and it stated, "If you have any questions, please let me know." So, I did.

Here is a cut of my questions and a personalized email with responses. She was very cordial in helping to answer them!

QUESTION 1.. WHEN IS PRICING GOING TO BE RELEASED?

REPLY: "Honestly, our pricing will not be announced until the day we open for sale - please rest assured it will be based on market conditions, not astronomical in nature. We will not be pricing our selves out of the market. Believe it or not - sailings out of this market attracts a vast number of customers from the Midwest as well - not just the New Jersey/New York guests." NOTE: In my message, I expressed concern on the cost of the sailings from NY/NJ, and whether I (an average income person supporting a family) would be able to afford it.

QUESTION 2. WHEN WILL THE NEXT BIG REVEAL TAKE PLACE?

REPLY: We don't have the details on when the next big reveal is scheduled - if you are on the email distribution list from (I REMOVED THIS) you will receive the updates as soon as they come out. I did hear we most likely not do the next reveal until June.

Overall, I am very pleased I was fortunate enough to participate in the webinar, and did get a few useful pieces of information from it, as well as a personal reply for questions I was truly interested in from someone with knowledge. For that, I thank them.

UPDATED INFORMATION FROM WEBINAR

So, I received a "thank you for participating" email from the Marianne Hessler yesterday and it stated, "If you have any questions, please let me know." So, I did.

Here is a cut of my questions and a personalized email with responses. She was very cordial in helping to answer them!

QUESTION 1.. WHEN IS PRICING GOING TO BE RELEASED?

REPLY: "Honestly, our pricing will not be announced until the day we open for sale - please rest assured it will be based on market conditions, not astronomical in nature. We will not be pricing our selves out of the market. Believe it or not - sailings out of this market attracts a vast number of customers from the Midwest as well - not just the New Jersey/New York guests." NOTE: In my message, I expressed concern on the cost of the sailings from NY/NJ, and whether I (an average income person supporting a family) would be able to afford it.

QUESTION 2. WHEN WILL THE NEXT BIG REVEAL TAKE PLACE?

REPLY: We don't have the details on when the next big reveal is scheduled - if you are on the email distribution list from (I REMOVED THIS) you will receive the updates as soon as they come out. I did hear we most likely not do the next reveal until June.

Overall, I am very pleased I was fortunate enough to participate in the webinar, and did get a few useful pieces of information from it, as well as a personal reply for questions I was truly interested in from someone with knowledge. For that, I thank them.

It will be interesting to find out if this is indeed correct or if May 21 is the date of pricing as others have posted.

It will be interesting to find out if this is indeed correct or if May 21 is the date of pricing as others have posted.

At the webinar we were told May 21st for dates and May 28th for pricing. Unless they are pulling a rabbit out of their hat I will never figure out why they would hold the prices back and then have ALL C&A members call the first day to make reservations. Are they gouing to hook their reps up to Excedrin drips all day?

At the webinar we were told May 21st for dates and May 28th for pricing. Unless they are pulling a rabbit out of their hat I will never figure out why they would hold the prices back and then have ALL C&A members call the first day to make reservations. Are they gouing to hook their reps up to Excedrin drips all day?

Not only that, many people will be calling in first day to book cruises for next year! Should be for Inaugural cruises only.

The other thing that scares me is pricing base on market conditions......so if the phones lines are tied up with Queues at capacity are they going to raise the prices like they did in mid morning for the Oasis sailing in Europe.

Not only that, many people will be calling in first day to book cruises for next year! Should be for Inaugural cruises only.

The other thing that scares me is pricing base on market conditions......so if the phones lines are tied up with Queues at capacity are they going to raise the prices like they did in mid morning for the Oasis sailing in Europe.

Should be an interesting day. But as they well know booking and making final payment are two different things. Hope there is a thread May 28th and people post the time they booked, what they booked and what they were charged.

Should be an interesting day. But as they well know booking and making final payment are two different things. Hope there is a thread May 28th and people post the time they booked' date=' what they booked and what they were charged.[/quote']

If I get through on the 28th, I will share my info.

Should be an interesting day. But as they well know booking and making final payment are two different things. Hope there is a thread May 28th and people post the time they booked' date=' what they booked and what they were charged.[/quote']

That's a very valid point. I've seen it mentioned on here repeatedly that the Oasis inaugural sold out the first morning of crown and anchor bookings but I remember checking on pricing for the inaugural sailing for months after that. Even before the date was moved up a week.

Archived