Did Carnival Change their Mattresses ?

IMSAILING

You can ask your room steward to make the bed softer and they will. My partner has back problems and on the conquest in January couldn't sleep on the mattresses, so our steward made it much softer for him by adding two comforters under the sheets. We were in a suite, but category shouldn't matter. Just remember to take care of the steward with a little extra tip at the end :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've done the same thing. My sister cruised Alaska with us a couple of years ago following a surgery, and the steward was kind enough to offer when he could see her struggling one morning and complaining of back pain. When I saw how nice her bed was, I asked him to do ours too, which he did. The comforter underneath actually really does help a lot.

Wow. Nice.

The person I was responding to stated:

"Suggest you drag your mattress, sheets and pillows onto outside Deck 3 or up on to Lido 9,

and make a public spectacle of the situation, in a cooler location"

Think they might get tossed off the ship for that stunt?

Perhaps this is more suited to your impeccable taste..?

Atrium-586.jpg

CaribPrin-081.jpg

ExplorersLounge-131.JPG

Aren't these the most tasteless interiors you ever saw? lol

-even worse than any ghastly Farcus "creation" ??

They're lovely, man. Good lord, so touchy. It's not like I was criticizing your or your wife's decorating skills. The other pic was posted as an example of tasteful decor, and I simply disagreed.

Farcus decor is loud & tacky. No argument there. Yet the libraries I've seen on carnival ship have mercifully been spared that decor.

What Princess ship did you cruise on? Why did you leave it off your signature? Was it that bad? Or are you basing an entire line off of one picture? That pic is of one area of a ship. The rest of the ship is entirely different IMHO. Carnival looks goofy like that through the entire ship.

Those orange walls are actually a cherry stained wood. It looks orange in the pic but its wood and more of a cherry.

I haven't. Which is why I said Princess may be a lovely cruise line. The comment was directed at the particular picture posted, which was given as an example of tasteful decor. No more, no less.

Sure he has cruised on a lot of Carnival ships but I seriously doubt he has slept in the same beds many of these posters are complaining about. Just way too many posters complaining about the same thing.

My exact thoughts. I'm sure anyone who had to sleep on this mattress week & week out would ask for something more comfortable if their job had enough pull.

FWIW, just as other posters have pointed out, the hard mattresses we've experienced for the last few years on Carnival haven't been in the "cheap seats" either - they were in Balcony Cabins and Ocean Suites.

sounds like maybe this is another cutback.

They might have switched to the sleep discomfort mattress.:eek:

Bill

You may be right!:eek:

They used to have the Carnival "comfort" bed (or mattress--can't recall the exact name), but the last few cruises I have noticed that the bed/mattress isn't as comfortable as it used to be.

Did Carnival really change the mattress on all the ships to something harder?

Don't know and can't prove anything but I refuse to cruise with Carnival now without taking my own foam mattress topper (we drive to all ports) after an awful sleep experience and back pain in 2011. I have had 3 cruises since and just won't take the risk of being in pain like that again. It affected me and my husband equally.

Before that cruise, I enjoyed Carnival's bedding.

And, of course, you missed the :D.

BTW spelling correction does not follow Cruise Critic posting guidelines.

But I will let it slide this time.

Was not correcting you, you asked if you missed something. Just answered our question. I know the rule of spelling correction. I did miss that thingy type icon, I don't use them and never pay attention to them...

I will be on the Breeze next week and will find out. I refuse to do reviews on CC Carnival forum but if this thread is still open I will come back to it and at least give my fair and honest opinion on the bed.

I sincerely (for my backs sake) hope to have a good report.

I sailed the Breeze for 15 days last November on the Transatlantic.

Unless something has changed since then. The mattress I slept in

Was hard as a rock. A couple people I met on the ship had back

Issues because of the mattress.

We should all go on his page and tell him we know the mattresses have changed. If he heard it from more than one person, maybe he'd admit we are right.

:eek: I do not recommend that.

Carnival/JH does not do well when people have anything negative to say.:rolleyes: especially if it comes from here. Even when it is an actual complaint, and obviously not someone trying to stir the pot....which I believe they allow those that are definitely trolling to have their 'space' on the blog/FB page because if they keep all those stir-the-pot complaints up, it makes the legitimate complaints look insane as well.

And how sad having to read you being chastised and the entire Cruise Critic community called BOZO's.

Like I keep saying...OTHER cruise lines don't deal with their paying passengers in this manner.

Here you have Carnival cruisers (many of them) saying the beds just aren't what they used to be (or what CCL 'claims' them to be) and because those complaints were posted here, that automatically makes them ridiculous and a lie.

Great customer service....:rolleyes:

Carnival/JH does not do well when people have anything negative to say.:rolleyes: especially if it comes from here. Even when it is an actual complaint, and obviously not someone trying to stir the pot....which I believe they allow those that are definitely trolling to have their 'space' on the blog/FB page because if they keep all those stir-the-pot complaints up, it makes the legitimate complaints look insane as well.

Like I keep saying...OTHER cruise lines don't deal with their paying passengers in this manner.

Here you have Carnival cruisers (many of them) saying the beds just aren't what they used to be (or what CCL 'claims' them to be) and because those complaints were posted here, that automatically makes them ridiculous and a lie.

Great customer service....:rolleyes:

BRILLIANT CS as JH would say LOL

Perhaps this is more suited to your impeccable taste..?

Aren't these the most tasteless interiors you ever saw? lol

-even worse than any ghastly Farcus "creation" ??

I have yet to sail Princess...but my opinion of that decor is that it is stunning. :)

Now JH's denial pretty much clinched the question for me. Now I know Carnival has changed the mattresses. :D

I have yet to sail Princess...but my opinion of that decor is that it is stunning. :)

I've cruised several Princess ships and have a cruise on the

Royal Princess coming up later this year. My opinion is

Princess ships are stunning also.

You may be right!:eek:

They used to have the Carnival "comfort" bed (or mattress--can't recall the exact name), but the last few cruises I have noticed that the bed/mattress isn't as comfortable as it used to be.

Exactly! Carnival used to sell their bedding but I noticed that the flyer was NOT on the bed for my last cruise. I thought the bed was comfortable enough, except for the crease between the bed, but not as comfortable as on our previous cruises.

And on a side note, how would anyone on this website know whether the beds were indeed changed? Does anyone here work at Carnival that could confirm this to be the case? Or has anyone actually seen firsthand or know someone first hand that is part of this decision making process to confirm that the mattresses were indeed changed?

If not, I'd say that this is all 100% speculation and heresay.

And on a side note, how would anyone on this website know whether the beds were indeed changed? Does anyone here work at Carnival that could confirm this to be the case? Or has anyone actually seen firsthand or know someone first hand that is part of this decision making process to confirm that the mattresses were indeed changed?

My body told me they were different and that was long before anyone here mentioned it.

But I am going again in a few weeks and this time I will strip the linens off and check it out better.

The pix someone posted of mattresses getting loaded onto the ship clue me in; not too long ago either.

But just like when they put all the soft stuff on the ships, my body noticed it right away. It was heaven. I can only assume they don't last long, someone saw that withreplacement costs, and decided to go with some thing harder.

The pix someone posted of mattresses getting loaded onto the ship clue me in; not too long ago either.

But just like when they put all the soft stuff on the ships, my body noticed it right away. It was heaven. I can only assume they don't last long, someone saw that withreplacement costs, and decided to go with some thing harder.

Any real facts to back up that statement?

"Just the facts, ma'am,"

Joe Friday

Archived