ENCHANTMENT - Panoramic Oceanview Cabin

OK gang, I just returned from my sailing on Enchantment on Monday. Although I intend to do a more thorough review of my experience later, I wanted to post my info from another thread about the illustrious "PANORAMIC OCEANVIEW CABIN", that was discussed a few times in recent months. If anyone is interested...I would HIGHLY recommend it. After staying in the cabin, it makes sense that those staterooms go pretty quickly. Would I reserve this cabin again? You bet I would! :)

Ship - Enchantment of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8600

Stateroom Category – F

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) This is NOT a balcony room; this cabin however, is one of 16 newly created Panoramic Oceanview rooms on decks 7 and 8. They were designed when the ship went into drydock in December 2012, are the same size as the balcony cabins on the same deck, and extend to the full length where the balcony would be. Windows are nearly floor to ceiling, and the view is spectacular.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - See above

Was wind a problem? - N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - This is an incredibly spacious stateroom for this class of ship and the window view is outstanding. I can see these rooms booking quickly.

Thank you so much for the info. We have one of these cabins booked on the Legend for 15 days through the Panama Canal-didn't want to pay for a balcony but didn't think we could do an inside for that long. Remarcm on a PC roll call recommended the panoramic so excited to hear you liked it! Did any of the windows have obstructions? Also can't wait to see pictures-thanks again

I am interested in hearing what your thoughts were of the ship and the cruise. We were on the same sailing and well were less than impressed.:rolleyes:

Hubby and I had a really, really great time. Maybe we're easily impressed, archyboy6, but it doesn't take much for us...LOL I just haven't had much time this week for doing a full review, but I plan to do it this weekend. :)

Thanks. We have one of these booked for March 2015. Decided to save the $ vs a JS or balcony and still get the benefits of a good sized cabin.

Trust me, for 2 people, I think it's more than adequate.

I am interested in hearing what your thoughts were of the ship and the cruise. We were on the same sailing and well were less than impressed.:rolleyes:

Nick,

Dh and I were on the same cruise and I have to say out of 30 cruises this one was our least enjoyable. :( I would like to know your thoughts.

Thank you so much for the info. We have one of these cabins booked on the Legend for 15 days through the Panama Canal-didn't want to pay for a balcony but didn't think we could do an inside for that long. Remarcm on a PC roll call recommended the panoramic so excited to hear you liked it! Did any of the windows have obstructions? Also can't wait to see pictures-thanks again

Hi geoblond-

I'm assuming the windows on the Legend are the same as those on the Enchantment. Our window had a decorative curved piece of steel arching across the center, which in NO WAY impeded the ability to see the view or take photos. It's easier if you see it for yourself, so this weekend I'll take some time to post a review with pics! :)

Are all F category on decks 7 & 8 have these panoramic views? I currently have an inside booked on deck 4, but if I can switch to one of these cabins I'd look into it.

Thanks!

I believe that's the case, 3dogmom, but double-check that with RCI to be certain. I don't want to mislead you on that one.

Did you have any problem with Centrum noise ? I have heard reports that may be the case with those cabins

molly361 -

Once my hubby and I shut our cabin door, we couldn't hear a darned thing! Maybe the occasional daytime sounds of laughing or loud talking, but definitely nothing at nighttime. We slept soooo soundly!

Seriously, there were times that we forgot how close to the Centrum area that we were. RCI wisely erected an inner wall dividing the Centrum from the 8 Panoramic Oceanview cabins on Decks 7 and 8. It's quite private, and I enjoyed the room immensely. :)

That would be my concern in looking at the deck plans. They look like they are right in the Centrum.

UCF Knight-

Read one post back. I explained the set-up of the cabins, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks so much and if you possibly have Compass to post?

Hey SportsFanatic-

I'll have to check with my hubby to see whether he brought any Compasses home with him. I don't typically keep them after I read them, although I know that many folks do.

Hi geoblond-

I'm assuming the windows on the Legend are the same as those on the Enchantment. Our window had a decorative curved piece of steel arching across the center, which in NO WAY impeded the ability to see the view or take photos. It's easier if you see it for yourself, so this weekend I'll take some time to post a review with pics! :)

Thank you and look forward to seeing your pictures.

Hello again, everybody! Because I'm new to using Photobucket, I'm just now getting the hang of posting pics! Here are just a few photos of our Panoramic Oceanview cabin. Hope these come out ok; let me know.

We were in cabin 8600.

bth_024_zpsb772612f.jpg?t=1368918493

Outstanding view

bth_021_zpse57c1a38.jpg?t=1368918471

The full view of the nearly "floor to ceiling" window.

bth_028_zpsbf18ca06.jpg?t=1368918525

Desk space with flat-screen tv; note our snacks on the upper shelf.

bth_023_zps3d154c55.jpg?t=1368918491

Our bed was beyond comfortable.

bth_022_zps74b60601.jpg?t=1368918470

Hello again, everybody! Because I'm new to using Photobucket, I'm just now getting the hang of posting pics! Here are just a few photos of our Panoramic Oceanview cabin. Hope these come out ok; let me know.

We were in cabin 8600.

bth_024_zpsb772612f.jpg?t=1368918493

Outstanding view

bth_021_zpse57c1a38.jpg?t=1368918471

The full view of the nearly "floor to ceiling" window.

bth_028_zpsbf18ca06.jpg?t=1368918525

Desk space with flat-screen tv; note our snacks on the upper shelf.

bth_023_zps3d154c55.jpg?t=1368918491

Our bed was beyond comfortable.

bth_022_zps74b60601.jpg?t=1368918470

Me being a visual person, I would not care if I had a balcony with these windows. I think it looks great! Thanks for posting the photos.

Perfect for us! If the price of this over a balcony with discounts makes sense.

You'll see the windows of the Panoramic Oceanview cabins on decks 7 and 8, in the center above the lifeboats. Note that the Panoramic rooms extend the full length of the balcony cabins next to them! Same view, yet more spacious. I'd reserve one again in a heartbeat!

107_zps5525b61a.jpg

Edited by cjdixon4