Sargent_Schultz

Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

I cannot wait for the rest of this trip report. Your photos are beautiful. I do have one question, though. Who is the cruise director for the Sunshine?

I cannot wait for the rest of this trip report. Your photos are beautiful. I do have one question, though. Who is the cruise director for the Sunshine?

The CD is Kevin Noonan.

Thank you SOOO much for taking the time (and expense) to post all these pictures.

I am anxious to hear reports of how people like the Serenity area. It is definately beautiful and that waterfall pool looks awesome. But, it is basically part of the main Lido pool area...just on higher decks. Hopefully, they have somehow worked it out that the Serenity area is not bombarded with the NOISE from the Lido pool.

DSC_7502_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7504_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7506_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7507_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7509_Zyde.jpg

I can't believe how many amazing photos you have shared, thank you! Do you know if the soda machines can be used by the people with Bottomless Bubbles?

The hot dog stand on the sports deck cracks me up. Ship looks nice, when they exterminate all the bugs.

DSC_7382_Zyde.jpg

Remember when one of these ships was the largest in the world? :confused:

Parlez vous en Francais?

Welcome to France, Sarge!

I hope you and your travel group have an amazing day.

Merci, again, for taking time to share the pics yesterday, they were a real treat.

:)

as much as I appreciate the time to post these amazing photos, I am still a little concerned about cabins issues.

Serge, if you happen to talk to other cruisers on the ship, could you please post what issues they found and where their cabins where (or about)?

Some posts on the 5/5 sailing are not encouraging at all..

Thanks

I'm loving reading the review on CC, but also want to view pics on the website...but I can only see a few. After "Easy Bar" pic I get only empty boxes. I know someone else had this problem, any idea how to fix it? I am more excited than ever for my turn in Nov. And come on Sarge...just waltz right up to cabin 5340 door and tell them your fans want pictures =). (just kidding). Enjoy your trip!!

So are there actually drink pacages on board???

We were told no by or travel agent....

Thanks for taking the time and money to post the updates! :)

Yes, the Sunshine has both the Cheers program and Bottomless Bubbles.

Thank you SOOO much for taking the time (and expense) to post all these pictures.

I am anxious to hear reports of how people like the Serenity area. It is definately beautiful and that waterfall pool looks awesome. But, it is basically part of the main Lido pool area...just on higher decks. Hopefully, they have somehow worked it out that the Serenity area is not bombarded with the NOISE from the Lido pool.

Ohhhhh, good point. I never thought about that before. Lido on Conquest recently was obnoxiously loud.

Ohhhhh, good point. I never thought about that before. Lido on Conquest recently was obnoxiously loud.

I'd like the sights and sound from a video from someone sitting in one of those serentiy chairs. Just which way does the wind take that waterfall at sea, besides the deck 9 cabins?

Originally Posted by BamaCruiser20 viewpost.gif

I was waiting for this post ;) Serenity will be jamin with the DJ :eek:

Remember when one of these ships was the largest in the world? :confused:

I see a future of 'sea traffic' :eek:

(not to mention extremely crowded ports!)

It's amazing. When we cruise now and are in the middle of nowhere out in the ocean, the number of cruise ships you see going in either direction is HUGE compared to what it was years ago.

It makes me wonder if cruise lines will build so many ships that they'll put themselves out of business....how crowded will ports get before people find it unappealing???????

Wow, something else I hadn't thought about. I wonder if they've considered that. Maybe they will turn it off when the winds get high or maybe only those who like to be misted while sunbathing will sit close! There was a woman who brought a water bottle sitting next to us recently. Every time she'd dry out, she'd wet herself down again. Her skin looked like leather.

Wow, something else I hadn't thought about. I wonder if they've considered that. Maybe they will turn it off when the winds get high or maybe only those who like to be misted while sunbathing will sit close! There was a woman who brought a water bottle sitting next to us recently. Every time she'd dry out, she'd wet herself down again. Her skin looked like leather.

Just look what it's like being in the wind path of those showers.

Your pics are gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to post them!!

That is the first I have seen a pop/soda machine on a cruise ship--does anyone know if it takes cash or if you just insert your S & S card??

Thank you for the lovely pictures and the time you are taking to do this .

I have had to cancel upcoming cruises due to health issues and our review is helping lift my spirits.

Hi we are sailing next week and looking forward to hearing how the new ship is. Menus, shows and daily offerings. Thanks. Enjoy your cruise!,

Sarge, thanks so much for taking the time to post the photos, gorgeous.

Can't wait for my turn in September.

I can't believe how many amazing photos you have shared, thank you! Do you know if the soda machines can be used by the people with Bottomless Bubbles?

The two coke soda machines pictured only take cash. Was told that they hope to add Sail and Sign shortly. Was told that not part of bottomless bubbles program.

The two coke soda machines pictured only take cash. Was told that they hope to add Sail and Sign shortly. Was told that not part of bottomless bubbles program.

Thanks for the info!

Sgt, I love the pictures. Makes me feel like I'm already there. Know you get a lot of questions but, I see the coke machines. Like to know how much a can? October can't come fast enough! Enjoy your trip

Darn it. I was hoping to try another cruise line next year but this looks very tempting, especially since NOLA is the most driveable port for me. :confused:

I'm thinking that the sound of the waterfall will help to mitigate the noise from the main Lido deck speakers.