Would you book the Transatlantic if there were no ports of call ?

With the Quantum November 2nd 2014 Transatlantic being only 8 nights, will there actually be any ports of call ?

I don't think there are any ports of call when Cunard do their 7 night crossings so I am guessing there won't be any for Quantum. :confused:

If there are no ports of call will this stop you booking the Transatlantic ?

Me, sure... if it started and ended in places that worked for me. But don't they usually deliver them without passengers?

With Oasis Class they sailed over without passengers.

Quantum's Transatlantic will be sailing from Southampton on 11/02/14 to Bayonne. 8 night sailing.

I can't wait to book it on 28th May :D

With the Quantum November 2nd 2014 Transatlantic being only 8 nights, will there actually be any ports of call ?

I don't think there are any ports of call when Cunard do their 7 night crossings so I am guessing there won't be any for Quantum. :confused:

A Transatlantic on a new ship and 8 sea days? Absolutely

I would go because the ship is the destination.

We are doing the westbound Oasis TA next year, only 1 port of call in 12 days for that (and as it's one I've been to before I probably won't get off as it didn't inspire me last time) so looking forward to all that time onboard, would love to do the Quantum TA but just too close to this one and may be too expensive.

We are doing the westbound Oasis TA next year, only 1 port of call in 12 days for that (and as it's one I've been to before I probably won't get off as it didn't inspire me last time) so looking forward to all that time onboard, would love to do the Quantum TA but just too close to this one and may be too expensive.

Ill see you on board. I'm getting on at Rotterdam. So ill have 2 stops.

We just came back from Europe on NCL Breakaway. We had no ports. It was 7 nights from Southampton to New York. It would have been great if we liked the ship. I don't think that will be a problem with this ship.

Me, sure... if it started and ended in places that worked for me. But don't they usually deliver them without passengers?

Yes, RCI tends to get going from the ship yard while the crew finishes up the interior during the crossing. I guess it will depend on how complete the furnishings are when they depart the ship yard.

WE'll see!

We just came back from Europe on NCL Breakaway. We had no ports. It was 7 nights from Southampton to New York. It would have been great if we liked the ship. I don't think that will be a problem with this ship.

Yes, RCI tends to get going from the ship yard while the crew finishes up the interior during the crossing. I guess it will depend on how complete the furnishings are when they depart the ship yard.

WE'll see!

Sorry to hear you you didn't like the Breakaway.

It would be great to do the Quantum TA with you and Mom :D

Sorry to hear you you didn't like the Breakaway.

It would be great to do the Quantum TA with you and Mom :D

We are looking and waiting........there is a big maybe for us right now.:)

I see you are pretty sure exactly what you will be doing by the count down clocks in your sig.

We are looking and waiting........there is a big maybe for us right now.:)

I see you are pretty sure exactly what you will be doing by the count down clocks in your sig.

I am definetly booking on Tuesday the Transatlantic Inaugural sailing but the Inaugural on 11/23/14...well sadly no, which reminds me gotta change my sig. Too much time between the sailings...can't afford to stay in NY that long :eek:

I am definetly booking on Tuesday the Transatlantic Inaugural sailing but the Inaugural on 11/23/14...well sadly no, which reminds me gotta change my sig. Too much time between the sailings...can't afford to stay in NY that long :eek:

The round trip from NYC to our house isn't that bad. We would pick you up at the airport if you would like to come stay with us. :)

The round trip from NYC to our house isn't that bad. We would pick you up at the airport if you would like to come stay with us. :)

Aw that is so sweet of you ...you just never know we might take you up on that offer :D

Aw that is so sweet of you ...you just never know we might take you up on that offer :D

The offer is out there - if we are "out there" you will have to make your own way to the house. Let us know.

Thank you all for your responses, very happy to see I am not the only one who would book a TA without ports of call :D

Liz: our very first and one of our best TAs was on the Brilliance in 2002 and was a 7 night cruise from Harwich to Boston. Subsequent TAs included a number of ports in UK, France, Ireland, Iceland, the Faroes, and Canada and each was special, but that first one was perhaps the most memorable as it included a very special memorial service on the first anniversary of 9/11.

On a ship with as many special features as Quantum, those sea days will offer the time required to check them all out.:)

Bill

:(I just had a long email chat back and forth with my certified vacation planner. She said there is no TA available for the Quantum. I sent her the itinerary sheet we got. She said the TA will be only available for travel agents and other company guests. So, who knows what is going on. She said the first sailing they can book on Tuesday is the November 23rd sailing. Now, I'm really confused about what to book.

Archived