The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Allure of the Seas, April 28, 2013 ~ A Pictorial Revi

I'm looking forward to cruising with you & Steve and Bill & Gina minus a head injury this time, if we book the Jewel with you. Gosh I had so much fun on this cruise and I can't imagine how much better it would have been if I had been my normal self. Instead of being skiddish every time someone came towards me, or losing my balance so easily on a ship that really didn't move very much in comparison to others cruises, or lack of alcohol :);)

The next time I'm involved with a home town gift exchange that your in, I'll bring an OSU helmet.

I would be happy to cruise with any of you again from the Az Cruisers and the Roll Call. Just wish I could have spent more time at activities.

Thanks Ginny-wonderful review. Appreciate the time you spent putting it together between working.

Laura

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! It was almost as fun reading it as it was living it. What a fabulous cruise and ship made better by good friends old and new.

Sue

You are so right. The ship and cruise was fabulous' date=' but the old and new friends made it so much better. Everyone who does not participate fully in their Roll Call is missing a lot.

I would be happy to cruise with any of you again from the Az Cruisers and the Roll Call. Just wish I could have spent more time at activities.

Thanks Ginny-wonderful review. Appreciate the time you spent putting it together between working.

Laura

Thanks Laura. The wonderful thing about a cruise is how anyone can participate as much or little as they want. Yet they are always together.

Everyone in the Arizona Cruisers contributed to the success of our group. Sue did the t-shirts and the Cabin Crawl for the Roll Call, Norine made wonderful banner. Lisa arranged our transport to the ship, I arranged the Sapphire Beach Tour and Laura not only arranged the Nassau Tour and the St. Martin Tour, but she kept us organized on the AZ Cruisers Allure thread.

We were all very active on the April 28 Roll Call, but in order for our group not to dominate the general Roll Call we also had a thread on the Arizona Cruisers forum for our own group plans. On that thread Laura, our List Maker Extraordinaire created This List for our easy reference of plans and ideas. Now that is a LIST. And I often found myself referring to it.......even when writing this review. What a Great Group!

Loved your review. Good friends make good cruising. We are doing Allure in October and will take your advice and slow down and not try to do everything...gives one an excuse to sail again someday on such a wonderful ship. Enjoy your cruise on the Jewel.

Wonderful review, pictures and thoughts. We where onboard the Allure from the 14th-21st....we also couldn't get in everything we wanted to do. Hope one day to join the AZ cruisers even though we are from Missouri. Once again...Great job on this.

I loved your rreview! The guy doing the alligator demo at the recue is on a show on tv called gator boys! it happens to be one of my favorite shows to watch! Cant wait for another review from you & your arizona cruisers!

We were all very active on the April 28 Roll Call, but in order for our group not to dominate the general Roll Call we also had a thread on the Arizona Cruisers forum for our own group plans. [/color][/size][/font]

I'll attest to that. This has to be the best roll call I have participated in so far with Freedom being a close 2nd. I've read several thread about roll calls being exclusive or even cliquish. I thought we did a great job being inclusive and letting people get as involved or not as they wanted. The entire group also did a great job of making the spouses involved and welcome as well. We did quite a few group activities and also had all the private time we wanted. As for the social aspect of it, I thought it was perfect with obvious exceptions for pedestrian issues.

I'll attest to that. This has to be the best roll call I have participated in so far with Freedom being a close 2nd. I've read several thread about roll calls being exclusive or even cliquish. I thought we did a great job being inclusive and letting people get as involved or not as they wanted. The entire group also did a great job of making the spouses involved and welcome as well. We did quite a few group activities and also had all the private time we wanted. As for the social aspect of it, I thought it was perfect with obvious exceptions for pedestrian issues.

As our Great Roll Call Leader you had a lot to do with that! Now you have raised the bar for our next Roll Call on the Jewel! :D

I have really enjoyed your review, I do not have any cruises planned so right now I live thru every ones review..

I am considering a cruise on the allure but not this year so I am gathering information and you sure had a lot in your review. I really appreciate your information on the Hyatt Pier 66 as I have never been to Ft Lauderdale and have no idea where to stay.

So glad that Lisa is on the mend and that it didn't stop her having a great cruise even if it was painful at times I'm sure. I know I will have some questions down the road and hopefully I can pull answers from your review. Hope you have a great time on your next cruise as I am sure you will..:)

I have really enjoyed your review, I do not have any cruises planned so right now I live thru every ones review..

I am considering a cruise on the allure but not this year so I am gathering information and you sure had a lot in your review. I really appreciate your information on the Hyatt Pier 66 as I have never been to Ft Lauderdale and have no idea where to stay.

So glad that Lisa is on the mend and that it didn't stop her having a great cruise even if it was painful at times I'm sure. I know I will have some questions down the road and hopefully I can pull answers from your review. Hope you have a great time on your next cruise as I am sure you will..:)

Thank you for the nice comments. I will be happy to answer any questions I can as you continue your research. The Hyatt Pier 66 was nice and sufficient for our needs. I enjoyed having the extra time to enjoy their pool area.

Great review. I enjoyed your humor and comments from your fellow cruisers. Your photography definitely makes the story! I know the planning and friendships contributed a lot to the fun you had and great memories you will have forever.

I'm glad Lisa was able to keep going regardless of her injury. Lisa, I hope you're doing much better now.

Great review. I enjoyed your humor and comments from your fellow cruisers. Your photography definitely makes the story! I know the planning and friendships contributed a lot to the fun you had and great memories you will have forever.

I'm glad Lisa was able to keep going regardless of her injury. Lisa, I hope you're doing much better now.

Thank you, Kathy. Next time you will have to join us.:)

Thanks Kathy. I'm still mending. Still packing my wound twice daily and suffer regular dizziness which may take months to clear up but at least all my headaches have vanished. It's been 33 days since I was injured and it should have been healed by now but thanks to poor medical care, I still have an open wound on my head that must be packed with gauze until it closes. Its halfway there.

Edited by AZ Karaoke Girl

Thank you, Kathy. Next time you will have to join us.:)

It sounds/looks like you really had a great time on the cruise. Like you I was thinking No Big Ships for me! But reading this gives me a different perspective.

I don't know if I would like the sea days, but would a ship like this be good for a Transatlantic? It seems that you had so much to keep you entertained.

We would like to cruise with the group, especially with our own photographer and historian onboard, but we are thinking about France, well, actually I am the one daydreaming about it. Cliff just goes along with it. Well, he doubts if he can still hike, but once onboard he is more excited than I am. And he usually gets to hike some. We had fun on our last cruise!

Thanks Kathy. I'm still mending. Still packing my wound twice daily and suffer regular dizziness which may take months to clear up but at least all my headaches have vanished. It's been 33 days since I was injured and it should have been healed by now but thanks to poor medical care, I still have an open wound on my head that must be packed with gauze until it closes. Its halfway there.

Just the whole thing sounds like one thing after another happened with the bike accident. I'm glad you are getting better now though. Sounds like you are an above average patient packing your own head injury.:)

I hope the dizziness subsides before long.

It sounds/looks like you really had a great time on the cruise. Like you I was thinking No Big Ships for me! But reading this gives me a different perspective.

I don't know if I would like the sea days, but would a ship like this be good for a Transatlantic? It seems that you had so much to keep you entertained.

We would like to cruise with the group, especially with our own photographer and historian onboard, but we are thinking about France, well, actually I am the one daydreaming about it. Cliff just goes along with it. Well, he doubts if he can still hike, but once onboard he is more excited than I am. And he usually gets to hike some. We had fun on our last cruise!

Just the whole thing sounds like one thing after another happened with the bike accident. I'm glad you are getting better now though. Sounds like you are an above average patient packing your own head injury.:)

I hope the dizziness subsides before long.

The sea days are perfect for this ship, Kathy. It doesn't matter whether you prefer active or more sedate pursuits, this ship will truly make you wishing for more free time to explore. I think this ship would be perfect for a TA. However, since she does not/can not (due to her size) stop at many of the more exotic European/Med ports I would also need to be able to back up the TA cruise with another cruise on a smaller ship in Europe or else time to spend time on a land vacation in Barcelona, for example. The Oasis TA is scheduled to go to Malaga and then Barcelona. If the Allure does the same thing in the fall of 2016 I hope to be on her - and hopefully have the vacation time to do it!

I am wondering what Lisa has up her sleeve to keep the review of our next cruise so interesting!:eek:;)

just starting your review now!!! eastern allure - just what the doctor ordered to pick up my spirits!! :)

I hope you enjoy the review. The Eastern Caribbean is a favorite of ours.

I am wondering what Lisa has up her sleeve to keep the review of our next cruise so interesting!:eek:;)

I hope nothing eventful happens on our next cruise. I need a break. Bill said he's going to bring me a helmet to use and I'll order pizza or eat at the hotel pre-cruise. Yeah, and I think I should avoid any rock climbing walls & things that include "danger" :D

I hope nothing eventful happens on our next cruise. I need a break. Bill said he's going to bring me a helmet to use and I'll order pizza or eat at the hotel pre-cruise. Yeah, and I think I should avoid any rock climbing walls & things that include "danger" :D

I promise to keep you on a short leash! That helmet may be useful, although Bill and Steve may have a discussion about the emblem on that helmet!:eek:

I promise to keep you on a short leash! That helmet may be useful, although Bill and Steve may have a discussion about the emblem on that helmet!:eek:

ohio-state-buckeyes-replica-mini-helmet-3349373.jpg

Edited by BillOh