Could anyone do the dolphin thing?

montana20024

You said back surgeries. How soon after. Has he recovered from them. Is he doing exercises to strenghten his back. What does the doctor say.

When the Dolpin pulls you for the swim, sometimes you are only holding on with one hand but there is a jerk at the begining which could cause a problem with your husband. I have a suggestion why not just do the Dolphin touch or small encounter. I did this as I have MS. The dolphine comes up to you and you can kiss it. I don't have a lot of strength so they helped me. They do a video that you can buy for about $50.00.

If he can swim, he can swim with the dophins. I wouldn't worry (and no, they won't throw him up in the air or anything).

He doesn't even have to know how to swim. You wear an inflatable vest while you are in the pool.

When I did the Dolphin Swim in Honolulu this past April, we spent an hour in the pool with our dolphin. Everyone got to go for a "ride" by holding onto his fin ... just a cruise around the pool ... nothing wild, and we all got to kiss and receive a kiss from our dolphin. This is an activity that children and elderly folks can do with no problem.

Blue skies ...

--rita

You didn't say where you'll be going. If it's Cozumel, at Chankanaab Park there are three different dolphin programs. There are two different dolphin 'swims', and a dolphin encounter. The swims are over $100, but the encounter is $75.

With the Dolphin Encounter, the dolphins come to you and you can pet them, give them a little kiss and vice-versa, and have about 15 minutes splashing around with them in the water (and this is not in a pool, but in the ocean). This was fun for me, and fulfilled a lifelong dream. Your DH might rather do the encounter.

Hey Montana. Here's the website that'll tell you all about the dolphin programs at Chankanaab:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Dolphin

You'll probably need to contact them and book it ahead of time. The ship also sells the package, but it is much higher, and also fills up quickly.....so you might want to book it yourself ASAP.:)

Archived